Print Story on the rockin' nature of my wife
By clock (Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 07:30:33 AM EST) (all tags)
there are roughly a million reasons why my wife rocks, but i’ll limit it to the ones that matter today.

let’s get this out of the way right now:  i’m 35 today.  i’m not sure how i feel about that.  and it’s really only germaine (or tito) because my birthday plays into why my wife rocks.  so let’s get started.

early last week i was told that i would have to help pick out my birthday gift.  this is an arrangement that really worked for me last x-mas when i got the best chef’s knife in the world.  you’ll often catch me saying, whilst chopping away, that i am not good enough for this knife.  it’s true.  but i will endeavor to be worthy of it someday.  and with each new dish i get a little closer.

my cooking has nothing to do with this.

i was asked if i wanted my present saturday or sunday.  i asked what she would do, were she me.  she said i’d definitely want it asap.  so i of course said SATURDAY!  woo woo!

we got up saturday morning, had breakfast, bathed the dude and got ready to head out.  he was wearing the shirt i bought for him before he was born.  it’s a tie-dyed thing with a drum kit on the front (complete with skull and crossbones on the bass drum...duh!) that says “i’m with the band...and we rock!”  adorable times 1000 = my son.  we headed out.

i still can’t find my way around this f’n town for shit.  that doesn’t bug me in the least.  the only city i could ever navigate with any proficiency was NYC.  but when we pulled up in front of the rockin’ robin guitar shop, i was more than a little flustered.

i got a brand spankin’ new 12 string.  it’s a seagull (from the godin guitar family...damn fine instruments from canukistan...amazing value) and it has an amazingly full sound.  the dude enjoys it quite a bit (though not while eating...he’s not into dinner music).  it’s awesome and i’m quite stoked.

of course this will force me to re-record a couple of things that i was thinking “dayum...this needs a 12 string right in here) while i was doing them the first time.  such a shame indeed!

the wife and i also did dinner last night at cafe red onion sans the dude.  i got a little silly on a very good margarita (dammit i’m old) and we stuffed ourselves silly.  a great time was had by all.

i plan to celebrate today by rockin’ the fuck out and grabbing a nap.  oh, i’m taking tomorrow off for good measure.

in conclusion (the worst way to conclude anything), my wife rules.  i have a new geetar.  i’m old(er).

< It's not the way that you say it | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
on the rockin' nature of my wife | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Dinners out by ucblockhead (4.00 / 2) #1 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 08:27:11 AM EST
You don't appreciate dinners out with your spouse until you've got a kid.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
And a spouse, apparently by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 4) #2 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 08:40:16 AM EST

Dinners out? Is that, like, when I can't get the pizza dude to bring the pizza to my door and am forced to walk downstairs?

Happy Birthday! by blixco (4.00 / 1) #3 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 09:36:29 AM EST
Your wife does indeed rock.

And you got a Seagull.  I've been looking at those for ever.  Glad someone I know got one....lemme know how it works out long term, etc.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

will do. by clock (4.00 / 1) #6 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 10:28:03 AM EST
i've been eyeing this one for about a year now.  i have read rave reviews of them (everything out of godin's shop) and have a buddy who picked up one of their higher end classical guitars.  so far so good from him.

so far, it sounds great period.  factoring in the dollars spent makes it an amazing buy.  playability is great.  very, very nice action and easily tuned.

i'll let you know how it sounds after beating on its ass for a year.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

wow by ana (4.00 / 1) #4 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 09:37:11 AM EST
Happy birthday. And 'gratz on the guitar.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Happy Birthday! by R343L (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 10:03:43 AM EST
Many happy returns, &c.

Happy Birthday. [nt] by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 2) #7 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 10:33:37 AM EST

Happy birthday you youngin' by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #8 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 10:38:34 AM EST

Happy Birthday! by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #9 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 11:00:42 AM EST
m/ M/ m/

Congrats by notafurry (4.00 / 1) #10 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 11:51:42 AM EST
On the birthday and the wife. Wives that rock... um... rock. Yeah.

The guitar's cool too, though my variant on that would be the sail cover and accessories for the boat.

Mmmmm... Birthday presentsss.... by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 01:16:33 PM EST

HAPPY BEING SPAWNED DAY by Horatio Hellpop (4.00 / 1) #12 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 02:10:12 PM EST
Also, I'm not a religious man, but I've been praying for your peener.

No, not that way. The commiserative way.

"You can't really know something until you ruin it for everyone." -some guy who used to have an account here

Happy birthday! by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #13 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 03:00:44 PM EST
And many happy recording sessions!
-----
If you don't get a Bonnie, my universe will not make sense. --blixco
I turned 35 by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #14 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 05:40:30 PM EST
In 2000.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

What a great day to be born, eh? by jaxom green (4.00 / 1) #15 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 06:31:56 PM EST
November 18th, 1972.  Strangely enough I was born on that day as well.  The wife arranged a surprise birthday party for me, including getting my parents to watch the kids afterwards so we could have some quiet time.  Congratulations on sharing one of the best birthdays ever.

A+++ would be born again... by clock (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon Nov 19, 2007 at 04:52:17 AM EST
...but not born again...know what i'm sayin'?

reminds me of the time i was talking with a jr. programmer at a previous job and she said "hey!  that's my birthday too!  what are the odds?!"

you can guess where that went.

happy birthday (belated) right back at ya!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Shared birthdays by jaxom green (4.00 / 1) #19 Mon Nov 19, 2007 at 10:42:13 AM EST
Two of my best friends from college (I roomed with them for three years) share their birthday.  My brother in law was also born on that exact date.  I always thought it was unusual to know two people well enough that you knew they shared birthdays, never mind three.  And know I know of (electronically at least) someone who shares my birthday.  Cool beans.

I didn't say it in my last post so, happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #16 Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 07:20:36 PM EST
From the four of us.

You know, The Mrs. and I, $new_daughter, and of course ..... ELVIS!

Sounds like you had great one.

Happy Birthday! by Sapphire (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Nov 19, 2007 at 05:47:51 AM EST
It does sound like your wife ROCKS!!!  What a great gift!

Age is just a number, baby! by Corky Sherwood (4.00 / 1) #20 Tue Nov 20, 2007 at 05:31:27 PM EST
Don't let numbers get ya down. You're only as old as you say you are.

When people ask how old I am, I reply: "My eggs are 38."  Because, frankly, that's the only thing that feels old to me.

Have a great day rockin'!