Print Story I am bored
By Dr Thrustgood (Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 11:22:06 AM EST) LHuSi, Booze (all tags)
You know what? I fancy a drink.

LHuSi drinks are good, but we can do better! Shall we do some lovely Xmas drinking fun?

Inside: D-R-I-N-K

You know what recent LHuSi drinks have been missing (aside from my presence)? Sheer bloody-minded stupidity. And stuff.

So, I think that we should get together for a jolly good booze in the middle of the week, get absolutely out of our tree drunk, and possibly end up in compromising positions around the city.

Wednesday 5th December. That's Xmas time.

Queen's head, Westminster. Was there a couple of weeks ago, and the upstairs is still inviting.

BOOZE FOR ONE AND ALL!

< Ten Second News | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I am bored | 34 comments (34 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
A Vesper: by blixco (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 11:25:45 AM EST
Three parts gin.  Gordon's or Beefeater.
One part Vodka, doesn't matter which kind, all Vodka is the same.
1/2 part Vermouth.  Decent vermouth would be nice.

Shake like hell in a ton of ice until ice chips form.  Pour into a gigantic tumbler, garnish with a lemon peel.

Two of those put me right the fuck out.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

all Vodka is the same. by wiredog (4.00 / 3) #3 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 11:49:33 AM EST
Yup. You're definitely gonna burn in hell.

Or, at the very least, be uncomfortably warm in heck.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Prove me wrong, by blixco (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 12:29:08 PM EST
chemically or otherwise.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Some is poncey and costs more by alien zero (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 03:32:21 PM EST
ergo: different

Once.. by motty (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 03:56:02 PM EST
Once I had some Polish vodka with a bit of what looked like grass in it. It was not the same as other vodka in taste.

In effect it may or may not have been the same. I don't remember.

That bit is the same.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

That would be... by ColPanic (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 11:07:51 PM EST
Yep by motty (4.00 / 1) #18 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 12:37:47 AM EST
Horrible site that, though. They claim the stuff is an aphrodisiac. Well, yeah. It's vodka.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
there is some vodka by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 05:07:53 PM EST
that i can drink straight, and have no problem doing it. there is other vodka that burns every bit of the way down. some tastes like rubbing alcohol, and some tastes like nothing.
---------
IAWTP [nt] by R343L (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 06:19:01 PM EST
not identical

It's like saying that all tequilas are the same! by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 03:59:08 AM EST
Believe me, I've drunk lots of vodka. Definite difference between the Good Stuff and the Cheap Stuff.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Tequila is different. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #26 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 04:05:12 AM EST
Seriously, Vodka is Vodka.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
suggested experiment by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #27 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 04:31:07 AM EST
Take one neat shot glass of Huzzar and one of Koskenkorva and you'll learn that some of those original spud-fermenting peasants had better tastebuds than others.

It's been done by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #28 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 04:32:46 AM EST
And written up.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Another suggestion: by blixco (2.00 / 0) #29 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 04:55:22 AM EST
drink a glass of anything.

Now drink a glass of anything else.

And do so for a while.

After the first sip, it really doesn't matter.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

possibly by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #30 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 05:10:39 AM EST
But Huzzar is so bad, that will only apply if you drink it first and it kills your tastebuds.

Vodka by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 01:12:12 AM EST
Made by peasants, for peasants.

one of these days by R343L (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 11:43:53 AM EST
I am going to come to London and somehow manage to get all of you to come see me (given this will not be hard as long as I am located in a pub). Then I can say I attended a LHusi Drinks.

This one I have to pass on, it being Dec. 5th when I am obligated to be working. Have fun though! Post entertaining pictures!

I had a great time. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 02:19:33 PM EST
it was one of the highlights of my trip.

Spare room in Londinium by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 10:43:44 PM EST
Awaits for you, or for any other random HuSi who visits.

thanks by R343L (2.00 / 0) #31 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 05:34:49 AM EST
I figured someone in London would say me from overpriced hotels (well, ultimately a hostel would save me).

It will be a bit.

Rachael

that would be "save" not "say" by R343L (2.00 / 0) #33 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 05:55:26 AM EST
gah on the lack of ability to spell.

Choose your time carefully though! by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #34 Fri Nov 16, 2007 at 01:31:54 AM EST
The wife is keen to get the house finished on a rather aggressive scale, so the place may be a building site!

"Wah wah wah, I have to work" by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 01:15:28 AM EST
Useless excuse. I'm sure that most of us will be expected at our desks on Thursday morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Ha ha ha.

It's all possible - take teh Breaker up on his internet-friendly flatspaces!

Must start by johnny (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 11:52:38 AM EST
passport application. . .
... this is dreamworld after all... it isn't? Shit.
Question is by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 02:09:06 PM EST
Would it be so bad if I have to be an hour and a half's train ride from London by 8.30 on Thursday morning. Answer depends on peak-time rail fares, I guess.

Hmm, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 02:45:32 PM EST
Not intolerable either in price or in time. What's the problem with weekend nights though?

Weekend by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 01:11:36 AM EST
Is sensible. As is a Friday night.

Midweek drinks, it's where it's at, man.

IAWTP (nt) by motty (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 06:12:19 PM EST

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
Freitag. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 10:30:17 PM EST
Vendredi, Friday.

Much easier for the non LHusiers I think.  I can put up 2 people, more if you're willing to share a room.

yeah by TPD (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Nov 14, 2007 at 10:40:59 PM EST
though it's probably far easier to find people without festive drinking plans on a wednesday than a friday given it's December.

Either way I should be GAME FOR A BARF

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Gah! by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #19 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 01:10:47 AM EST
This is exactly what I'm campaigning against - yes, it would make life easier and be goody-two-shoes sensible to do drinkies on a Friday - or even a Saturday for that matter. However, sensible and easy is boring. We need fun. Stupid, drunk, paralytic, fun.

And strippers. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 02:11:39 AM EST
Dirty, dirty strippers.

I'll be on for it by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 02:22:22 AM EST
Mid week is fine for me.

May Bee by priestess (2.00 / 0) #32 Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 05:40:48 AM EST
Though it's more likely to be a neck-a-few-and-home than stay-out-late-and-be-stupid.

Pre.........
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

I am bored | 34 comments (34 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback