No significant changes in the valuations. Bullish momentum has virtually disappeared from the Chelsea contracts (as it has from Liverpool), accounting for the improvement from last week.
As I write this, I'm listening to a rebroadcast of Sunday's 606 on Sirius 125. Eagerly awaiting the calls from the West Midlands.
Spoony expects Spurs fans to be happy with a 4-0 win over Wigan? Why? Look at the games Spurs have won thus far: Derby at home 4-0, Wigan at home 4-0. Both at home against two of the worst sides to ever grace the Premiership. One from Jol and one from Ramos. Wigan are probably slightly better than Derby, but is this really evidence of improvement in Spurs' fortunes?
The latest projected table (does not strictly correlate to valuations)... the big story is Chelsea just edging their way into the Champions League places, and Liverpool sneak past Villa for seventh.
- Man Utd: 90 pts
- Arsenal: 87
- Man City: 74
- Chelsea: 73
- Portsmouth: 71
- Blackburn: 68
- Liverpool: 65
- Villa: 64
- Everton: 54
- Newcastle: 49
- West Ham: 48
- Reading: 39
- Spurs: 37
- Fulham: 36
- Birmingham: 35
- Sunderland: 32
- Boro: 29
- Bolton: 28
- Wigan: 26
- Derby: 20
SELL 12 MAN UTD at 47.1. I'm nervous about selling United, even at this high a price.
BUY 8 ARSENAL at 27.1. Another week, another Arsenal buy.
SELL 41 CHELSEA at 14.7. A home draw to Everton leaves Chelsea 5 points behind Arsenal and conceding a game in hand.
SELL 70 LIVERPOOL at 8.6. Yawn.
BUY 9 MAN CITY at 1.0. Less significantly undervalued than before, but still a decent shout of a Champions League place. Thaksin will have to makes sure that no other European countries will extradite him to Thailand.
BUY 20 BLACKBURN at 0.2. Another boring pattern play.
BUY 20 VILLA at 0.2. With the return of a 2-way market, this play comes back.
BUY 20 PORTSMOUTH at 0.2. Still worth a punt at 500-1.
- CHELSEA: short 351 contracts with $2,823.69 risked
- MAN UTD: short 236 contracts with $1,612.19 risked
- ARSENAL: long 79 contracts with $183.75 risked
- NEWCASTLE: long 50 contracts with $2.67 risked
- VILLA: long 212 contracts with $4.82 risked
- BLACKBURN: long 230 contracts with $6.18 risked
- LIVERPOOL: short 380 contracts with $3,248.38 risked
- MAN CITY: long 76 contracts with $6.26 risked
- WEST HAM: long 76 contracts with $1.52 risked
- PORTSMOUTH: long 81 contracts with $1.62 risked
- Cash balance: $108.92
If $TEAM wins the league
- Chelsea: loss of $1,731.08
- Man Utd: loss of $581.08 (exposure to Manyoo has been declining for about a month through selling Chelsea and Liverpool)
- Arsenal: gain of $2,568.92
- Newcastle: gain of $2,278.92
- Villa: gain of $3,898.92
- Blackburn: gain of $4,078.92
- Liverpool: loss of $2,021.08
- Man City: gain of $2,538.92
- West Ham: gain of $2,538.92
- Portsmouth: gain of $2,588.92
- Field: gain of $1,778.92
|< We aren't the saviors we wish we were. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|