Print Story Is Trollope any good?
By lraynes (Fri Oct 05, 2007 at 06:01:33 PM EST) books (all tags)
I've seen that a lot of you are readers. I am reading a book that mentions "trollope" whose name I recognize but I've never read.

I am looking for good novels to read. Is trollop one of them or are others good too?

< 2007.10.05: And there was fish ... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Is Trollope any good? | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Yes, he's jolly good. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Oct 05, 2007 at 11:11:09 PM EST
If you need to know about middle class 19th century England, he's your man. Austen, Elliot and the Bront√ęs are all about people and emotions, and Dickens is too much social commentary, but Trollope covers smaller injustices. He does explore people though. There is a point to his fiction.

I have read one of his. by herbert (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Oct 06, 2007 at 02:09:54 AM EST
"The Way We Live Now".  Long but easy to read.  Bit of an epic or soap opera type feel, as I remember.  Liked it, will probably read some more of his sometime.

Anthony or Joanna? [n/t] by Herring (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Oct 06, 2007 at 02:40:10 PM EST

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Flashman's ultra Christian by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Oct 08, 2007 at 12:13:26 AM EST
Captain once asked if he could get him some trollop; Flashman was disappointed to hear she's an author.

This reminds me of the most important reason by herbert (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Oct 08, 2007 at 02:23:43 AM EST
to read Trollope - so you can say "I enjoy going to bed with a good Trollope."

Is Trollope any good? | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback