Print Story OP: Back To Skool
Educashun
By Horatio Hellpop (Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 10:02:56 PM EST) (all tags)
DAY 13:
Louise.

Here's the drill-- all of you, even the furriners reading this post, know how to say the word Louise and can recognize it as being a woman's name.

A full 15% of my class came to a full-stop on it, as we read a passage aloud. I wish I had video of it for you, but I was too stunned to begin taping.

Jumpin' Jesus. Either I'm getting too old, or I'm surrounded by idiots.

< 2007.10.03: A Confluence of Fools | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
OP: Back To Skool | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Your class has to read aloud together? by Greener (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 10:12:25 PM EST
Just what grade are you in exactly?

pi by Horatio Hellpop (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 10:29:11 PM EST
Thanks for asking.

"You can't really know something until you ruin it for everyone." -some guy who used to have an account here

Dr L by blixco (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 03:12:19 AM EST
was asked by her nephew at one point what grade she was in.  She had to calculate it out real quick-like.  "I'm in the 21st grade," she told him.

He gets all wide-eyed, says "Geeez, I haven't even started the second one yet. You're crazy."

I like the idea of tracking progress through to doctorate that way.  Makes it much less nebulous.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

But much more desperate. [nt] by debacle (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 04:08:44 AM EST

As long as by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #6 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 06:07:47 AM EST
If your teacher starts having you chant by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 05:47:36 AM EST
and requests Rolls Royces, run before she turns into Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.

"It means more if you have to earn it, even if it's by doing something as simple as eating a meal." Kellnerin
College students by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 01:53:41 PM EST
I listen to college radio from Brown University in Providence.  One of the things  that  I've noticed with the  new batch of DJs this year is that they are the  dumbest bunch of  stumps I've ever heard.

---------------