Print Story Boston. Saturday. Be there.
Husi Stock
By ana (Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 10:20:06 AM EST) Boston, Dinner, Canuckistanis (all tags)
Details within.

After lunching with dark nowhere and friends, we've come up with a plan for the Boston get-together Saturday night. See also this diary for previous negotiations and links and stuff.
  • Where Beer Works on Canal Street, immediately adjacent to North Station. Some of the unindicted co-conspirators listed below were there on the coldest day of last winter.
  • When 7:00 pm, Saturday 10/6/07
  • What Eat, Drink, and be merry. Or not. Your choice.

I count 14 to 16 participants, some of whom are maybes. Here followeth the list: ana, toxicfur, misslake, ni, rizzo, lady jane, jimgon and the mrs., mrgoat (we're all mrgoat), dark nowhere, dr. valentine, one friend, ad hoc (probable), aethucyn (i think), Kellnerin (possible), and iGrrrl (possible).

As for meeting up earlier in the day, toxicfur and i will be playing softball on the Boston Common from 10 to about noon on Saturday morning. Thereafter, one presumes, we'll be at The Sevens throwing sharp pointy objects at targets and anybody who fails to properly lament our season. I suppose we'll be ready to go home by around 2pm, but can adjust plans to suit special situations.

If you want contact info (address, phone numbers, etc.) PM me and we'll get something to you.

< A Day in the Life | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Boston. Saturday. Be there. | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I wanna go! :( by atreides (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 12:12:09 PM EST
Need Tickets...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

We'll be there by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 01:48:16 PM EST
Turns out  we already had a sitter for Saturday night.  You all provided the thing to do.

---------------
I'm a total liar by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 03:04:45 PM EST
Set my attendance probability to zero. Saturday afternoon plans are back to evening ones, unfortunately.

Sunday will find me online as usual, and otherwise recovering from total failure to pause the world.

I'll just say what I forgot to note in the previous diary, that I now want johnny to have a character in one of his stories named Greatest Common Factor (or, failing that, a story by bo with the same character, though I imagine that would be a very different story).

"Late to the party" is the new "ahead of the curve" -- CRwM

Sorry to hear it. by ana (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 03:26:23 PM EST
Dunno what's up for Sunday yet. We'll explain the whole writing chat thing to the guests and see if they wanna play or not.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Flattered by johnny (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 07:00:40 PM EST
Sure, would be there if I could be but by johnny (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 07:03:28 PM EST
I'm in CA now and will be travelling to CO Saturday.

It's been a few years now since I've joined the Empire Gardens club, even though I'm a charter member.  I would like to see yz all again.

Please try to schedule our next get-together for sometime when I'm in our Commonwealth.
... this is dreamworld after all... it isn't? Shit.

We'd like to see you, too by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Oct 05, 2007 at 04:52:47 PM EST
Let us know when you're in our Commonwealth.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Update... by ana (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Oct 05, 2007 at 10:03:05 AM EST
I just called the bar to be sure they could deal with a crowd like us. No prob, but we're lucky...

Turns out the circus is performing across the street at the Garden, starting at seven. So the pre-show crowd should drain out of the bar before we arrive, likewise at seven.

If you're bringing a car, you might want to park it at a T station someplace (Riverside out west, or Wellington a bit north, for example) and ride a train to North Station.

And it would probably be politic not to be leaving just as the circus is letting out. I'm not for staying particularly late anyway (lightweight in the alcohol department; up early the next morning for the church choir gig thing).

See ya'll tomorrow!

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

I will indeed be there by aethucyn (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Oct 05, 2007 at 04:07:27 PM EST
This week has been rough enough that I might even try to keep up with ad hoc in the beer department.

Now to other things I've let slide all week...

I'm in by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Oct 05, 2007 at 04:55:35 PM EST
Turns out I'll be there, barring maritime mishaps.

We saw the masts of a ketch sunk in our usual sailing waters. Spooky.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Ah Damn. by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Oct 06, 2007 at 11:29:15 AM EST
I'm sick.  My five-year-old has been sick the last two days.  And it looks like I've caught it.  Since I would  like to  be able  to go to work on Monday I won't be going out tonight.  Well,  that  and I would  rather not get  you all  sick.

---------------
sorry to hear it. by ana (2.00 / 0) #12 Sat Oct 06, 2007 at 11:31:09 AM EST
We'll order some chicken soup for you.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Last minuteness by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #13 Sat Oct 06, 2007 at 01:22:45 PM EST
Something's come up and  I'm not going to be able to make it. Sorry for the late notice. But if I can get this crap done early enough, I'll see if I can drop by to see if anyone is still there.
Heat, pressure, and time: the three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
Boston. Saturday. Be there. | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback