Print Story My accounts are being subject to cracking
By Troll Hard (Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 12:39:38 PM EST) Accounts, password, hacking, cracking, crackers, security (all tags)
I got locked out of various accounts of mine with my other ID because someone is trying to crack the password to them. One of them being my old account here. So I created a new account. When they get a failed cracking attempt it shuts me out of my account for 15 minutes or more for too many failed password attempts. It is sort of like a denial of service attack.

I guess I pissed someone off, or I have gotten so popular that people are willing to crack the password to my famous accounts in my old ID name?

Just how do you protect your accounts from crackers? I am talking about the hacker type of cracker and not a poor white person from the southern United States of America.

I reset the password to my old account here, but the new password did not work. Then it got reset twice.

< bizarre law | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
My accounts are being subject to cracking | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Is this Stacky? -nt by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 01:08:51 PM EST

I don't think so by Troll Hard (1.00 / 1) #2 Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 01:24:11 PM EST
at least I wasn't when last I checked.

VS2FP by discordia (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 01:55:30 PM EST
no, really

Why vote the diary to the front page? by Troll Hard (1.00 / 1) #4 Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 04:01:04 PM EST
I do not think that it is worthy of being voted to the front page.

I mean I am locked out of my accounts, and I was forced to create new accounts.

Have you tried "Mail Password" by TheophileEscargot (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 09:04:46 PM EST
Just enter your username and hit "Mail Password" instead of "Login".

If you don't have your original email account, you're probably out of luck.

I do by Troll Hard (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 04, 2007 at 10:20:37 AM EST
but every time I mail password, and then try to log in with a new password, it generates a new password for me anyway and invalidates the password I asked to be reset.

In this way I am denied access to my original account. As soon as I try to log in with a new password, someone else issues a new password request and it locks me out and invalidates the first new password with a second new password.