Print Story Does anyone have any suggestions
Boredom
By Driusan (Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 12:33:47 AM EST) (all tags)
For things to do while homeless in Paris for a night? You have 30ish minutes to comment before it's too late.

< OP: Back To Skool | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Does anyone have any suggestions | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
8ème arrondissement by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 12:48:53 AM EST
MANY bars there are open until daylight breaks, at which time you can grab a croissant and coffee with a shot of very good calvados.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Fuck, too late. by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Oct 13, 2007 at 02:29:02 PM EST
It wasn't within the alloted twenty minutes.

I realized once I landed in Beauvais and got the coach to downtown that I was far too tired to stay up all night waiting for my flight home from CDG like I intended when I posted this, and even if I wasn't the lockers at Gare du Lyon which I was going to leave my luggage in for the night (only ones I know of) would have been closed since it was after 2200h.

In the end I wound up getting a shitty hotel for 45eur by just walking around Port Maillot.

Thanks for the only serious reply, though. Next time I'm in Paris for one night waiting for a flight I'll try the 8th.

Vive le Montréal libre.

Hasn't this been done already? by squigs (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 12:52:57 AM EST
Get a job as a Plongeur at the Hotel X:P

A very good novel, but by FourteenNineteen (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 10:40:21 AM EST
something of a pose perhaps? Blair wasn't really all that poor, as far as his background is concerned.

He didn't sink like, say, Bukowski, who seemingly had less of a fall and more of a facilitator (drink).

Get Beaten by NeoNazis! by CheeseburgerBrown (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 02:17:41 AM EST
Or, alternatively, find a really old building and then haunt it by crouching outside and going, "ooooOOOOOooooo."

I am from a small, unknown country in the north called Ca-na-da.
Mate of mine in the same situation by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 04:42:53 AM EST
Sat under a bridge with a Hungarian clown. I can think of worse things.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Sitting under a bridge with a french clown? by LinDze (4.00 / 2) #6 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 01:05:22 PM EST
nt