Print Story Bullet train
Hardware
By FourteenNineteen (Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 11:27:35 AM EST) trains, bullet, japan, hardware (all tags)
Someday I'd like to ride the bullet train.

I was surprised to see how much of Japan is accessible from the bullet train(s).

Of course, Youtube is not to be letting one down:

< Another day, another pin-up | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Bullet train | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
One of our users here by blixco (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 11:50:00 AM EST
lives in Japan, and has photographed nearly all of it.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

Nice by FourteenNineteen (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 10:13:10 AM EST
I checked out the website but it has a lot of links. I'll look for the train pics again later as they didn't stand out on my first pass.

You can email him, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 10:35:02 AM EST
and he'll probably send you several hundred links....
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Nothing that special about them. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 12:43:16 PM EST
There's plenty more high speed trains in the world.

(Comment Deleted) by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 11:39:11 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by Merekat

indeed by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 11:39:59 PM EST
And I want to travel on all of them:)

I have never been on a high speed train by FourteenNineteen (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 10:27:20 AM EST
only Amtrak in the US and a toy train in Griffith Park, Los Angeles here:

Two things . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 06:53:58 AM EST
. . . one: the first time I rode a Maglev train in Shanghai, I fell in love.

two: of note for me, was the little side survey (down, on the left) on public disposition towards Japan fingerprinting and photographing all foreigners coming into the country. w. t. f.

In the US you get your thumb print and by FourteenNineteen (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 09:50:08 AM EST
photo taken.

Privacy issues are interesting. I think maybe we should all live on a farm, off the grid. Who then would monitor us?

Running away from the problems . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Oct 15, 2007 at 11:51:25 AM EST
. . . of a fledgling dicatorship is not a solution.

Bullet train | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback