Print Story Another day, another pin-up
Art
By spacejack (Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 10:33:19 AM EST) (all tags)
Is it just me, or are a lot of girls into pin-up art these days? (I suppose it should be noted that even after 50 years, some images retain their NSFW-ness.)

Contents SWF however.

It's missing something... hands. According to trusted online sources, advertising illustration of the 50s tended toward close-ups of just faces and hands. I think it's one of those rules that's "true" in a reductionist sense that it's "all you really need to tell a story" but also not true in enough cases that it shouldn't be a rule.

Anyway, just a very small, quick sketch that probably needs hands.

< I jumped into the river. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Another day, another pin-up | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Damn! I'll say it again: by greyrat (4.00 / 3) #1 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 10:40:43 AM EST
You do great faces. So few lines for so much expression...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Boobies too.

Well even with quick ink sketches by spacejack (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 10:50:19 AM EST
I still do a fair bit of head construction with a pencil - putting the skull and jaw shapes into perspective and using wireframe-type lines to place the features. A pro illustrator might be able to do it without construction, but I can't.

Your excuses don't make the end result by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 11:09:16 AM EST
any less awesome. 8^P

Agreed. by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 2) #3 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 10:52:00 AM EST
Excellent boob size.

pin up link by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 11:21:38 AM EST
they sent him a 15 year old girl for pictures ? Boy, now a days that'll get you 20-to-life..

'Sent him a 15 year old girl' by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 12:14:42 PM EST
Yeah, not something you'd normally hear today... unless maybe you make TV commercials.

Speaking of the female form... by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 02:25:19 PM EST
Have you ever seen this or this or this? I like Lileks as a general rule, and these links just make clear what a sick sense of humor he can have.

N.B. There is much strangeness hidden in The institute of Official Cheer.

I do not like this one by debacle (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 06:08:44 PM EST
Everything from the neckline down (esp the shoulders) has a very rough feel to it. I don't like the composition of the lines. It also seems that the torso might be a bit lopsided.

it is pretty rough by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 05:11:05 AM EST
It was drawn small, so the scan is bigger than the original this time and you can see details and mistakes. The arms are kinda noodley.

Another day, another pin-up | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback