Print Story Big Doin's in Boston
Husi Stock
By ana (Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 11:10:22 AM EST) (all tags)
So there are several visits to Boston by husi folks over the next week or so. Here's what I know now. Who knows, maybe I'll update it.

So dark nowhere is going to be here this week. We're doing lunch with him on Thursday. The discussion there says 12:30 on Thursday the 4th, at Empire Gardens.

I'm told dark nowhere and friends will be up for drinks sometime like Saturday night, and we'll talk about it at lunch.

Also in the comments there, and subsequent discussions, ni and misslake will be arriving by bus at something like 1:45 pm on Saturday. We'll be whisking them home somehow to deposit luggage (or perhaps stuff it in the car if it's handy) and, um, something.

I'm happy to report that the unlikely event has in fact occurred: our (last-place) church-league slow-pitch softball team beat the once-mighty Park Street Pros 32-2, and so we're playing for the consolation title at 10am on Saturday the 6th. That should be over by noon or so, for better or worse.

Another thing we might want to do is to attend the blessing of the animals, held annually on the Sunday closest to St Francis' Day. Since we had such a close call with Simon recently, and since Rocky is such a good dog, we thought we'd bring the both of them in for that. If folks wanna come along, at 4pm Sunday, they're welcome. Perhaps a frolick in the park will follow.

I think ni and misslake are off again on Monday morning, which for us USians is Columbus Day and for Soviet Canuckistan, Thanksgiving Day.

Then late in October, Merekat will be visiting, and has asked to do lunch with us. Perhaps she and the Mister can be lured out for an evening as well.

Did I forget anything? Questions?

[editor's note, by ana] Of course I forgot something! The common denominator, mrgoat, is also coming for the weekend. In this diary and the comments thereto, the Holy Goat expresses a desire for lunch on Saturday. If it's late enough to be compatible with the Canadian Invasion, we could presumably manage that.

< SFW on the outside, | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Big Doin's in Boston | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
People could meet us... by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 11:46:42 AM EST
as they trickle into town on Saturday at The Sevens, where we'll likely be drinking away our sorrows after the game. Just so long as people don't mind hanging out with us when we're sweaty and I'm likely bleeding from a new wound.
-----
If you don't get a Bonnie, my universe will not make sense. --blixco
NO NEW WOUNDS! by ana (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 11:50:07 AM EST
no text, either.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

I forgot it was a three-day weekend. by mrgoat (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 12:07:04 PM EST
Which is to say, lunch, (comma), and dinner on saturday are both probably good times for me. DrunkenGoat availability would be contingent on PetFreeCrashSpaceWithoutDrivingPlaces.

--top hat--
drunken goat by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #18 Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 05:32:48 PM EST
Oh, it's a very nice cheese, with a rind from soaking in wine. Even my kids like it. Then again, Little K's first cheese was a double Gloucester.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Oh goodness by mrgoat (2.00 / 0) #19 Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 06:26:48 PM EST
Your kids like drunken goat!? What have I done around your kids!? And I was soaking in wine you say?

I'm so ashamed.

--top hat--

Saturday Night by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 01:36:24 PM EST
I'll get a sitter and drag the wife into the Big City.  Just post the particulars.

---------------
HEY goddamn it. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 01:45:40 PM EST
Why not all of you come down to Austin, which rhymes with Boston, for a nice refreshing week of 90+ degree heat and awful humidity?
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
I loved that movie. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 02:56:12 PM EST
And they drove thru Bedford to get to Austin.  Bedford, PA that is.

Click
Man, by mrgoat (4.00 / 2) #8 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 05:02:13 PM EST
Someday, I'm just gonna fly to your place, show up at your door,  with, like, 15 gallons of cheap booze and a guitar, and... well, we'll just engineer the fall of society from there.

Don't wanna ruin it ahead of time.

--top hat--

um by joh3n (4.00 / 2) #9 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 06:14:13 PM EST
You, blixco, and all that booze is the downfall of society.

----
I just ate about 7 pounds of meat
-theantix

I'd love to by dark nowhere (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 07:44:54 PM EST
except I'd get shot according to some random anecdotal evidence.

Disregard that. If you can convince Steve Vai to change venues at the last moment, we'll end up in Austin.

Chill out, snowflake.

I don't know him that well, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 02:47:58 AM EST
but I'll call him anyway, and see what I can do.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
She told me to come but I was already there by rizzo (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 02:57:47 PM EST
Boston infidels, Soviet Canukistaniite insurgents AND The Goat Who Stares at Men? Oh hell yes. Saturday evening works. I'll bring the girl. Where?

No bowling alleys this time. >:O

Workin on it. by ana (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 02:09:02 AM EST
Stay tuned.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

evening by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Oct 01, 2007 at 09:37:44 PM EST
Highly possible, but not schedulable just yet.

Since when is mrgoat by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #14 Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 04:17:16 AM EST
a common denominator?  I thought he was pretty uncommon.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Saturday night possibilities by ana (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 12:55:27 PM EST
Brewpub? There are several around. E.g. Cambridge Brewing Co (we had a K5 meet there once); the place near North Station where we met up with Canajians last winter on the coldest night of the year... etc.

Headcount? I think I get potentially 10: ni, misslake, mrgoat, iGrrrl, ad hoc, toxicfur, ana, rizzo, $rizzo_friend, aethucyn. I think Kellnerin said she had plans for Saturday.

I can't stay out late, cuz of the church choir thing (up at 6, no dawdling).

I'm open to other ideas.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Me too by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 01:45:50 PM EST
<<fingers crossed on finding a sitter>>

---------------
Oh, right. by ana (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 04:59:07 PM EST
Twelve, then, possibly.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Cambridge Brewing Co. was pretty excellent. by mrgoat (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 05:47:37 AM EST
Rizzo, $rizzo_friend, and mrgoat are planning for a hotel, so who know what afterparty may come, when we have shuffled out of that restaurant, must give us booze.

--top hat--
Kellnerin attendance probabilities by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #21 Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 04:20:04 PM EST
Thursday lunch: Zero, I'm afraid. I can't believe tomorrow's Thursday already. I think I messed up putting the world on pause; the week got sucked away from me instead.

Saturday eve: Likelihood is nonzero. My Saturday night plans turned into Saturday afternoon plans, so I might be able to catch up with y'all depending on how long things run. Just post what the final plan is and I'll show up if I can.

"Late to the party" is the new "ahead of the curve" -- CRwM