Print Story Baby steps
By Sapphire (Fri Jan 05, 2007 at 10:16:01 AM EST) (all tags)
I did it.  I applied for a different job.

I posted my resume on line yesterday at about 4:15 p.m.  I got a phone call less than 15 minutes later.  I spoke to the HR guy and he set up a time with me to do a telephone interview this morning.  He called and I answered the questions he asked.  He said that I will be getting a call from the local HR team and I'll have to go in and take a personality test as well as listening to some phone calls and see how I react to the calls.  This is typical of a call center.  I have experience in that.

I found out more about the commission changes at current company.  It is impossible to make money here.  It will be less than I have ever made in this industry.  It is time for a change.

I feel really good about the new company.  I am visualizing myself working there.  A friend helped me through some visualization techniques.

Other than that, I have a cold that has traveled to my chest.  I hope it goes soon and I'm not hacking up my lungs two months from now.  More positive visualization is needed.

< There's a new kid in school | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Baby steps | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I'm visualizing a nice cup of ice tea. by garlic (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Jan 05, 2007 at 10:52:50 AM EST
too bad visualizing someone bringing it to me isn't working.

Good luck! (n/t) by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jan 05, 2007 at 11:03:08 AM EST

Personality test? by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jan 05, 2007 at 03:26:06 PM EST
Holy chakra.
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together
Yeah by Sapphire (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Jan 06, 2007 at 05:53:58 AM EST
They want to see if my personality fits the job. Can she sit there for eight hours talking to people?

Personality tests are crap. by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Jan 06, 2007 at 06:03:53 AM EST
Except maybe by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Jan 06, 2007 at 06:04:47 AM EST
that someone is [compliant|stupid] enough to sit there and take one and believe that it proves anything at all.
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together
common by Sapphire (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Jan 06, 2007 at 11:29:08 AM EST
As far as I know it is common practice in call centers. I'm only going to have to deal with it for seven months if I get hired.  Believe me, almost anything is better than what I'm doing now.

Baby steps | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback