Print Story Outside my window
Photos
By barooo (Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 07:12:54 AM EST) I have nothing further to say on the subject (all tags)
Dear Leader was about 30 feet from my desk!

Sorry for the crappy cameraphone pictures.  I actually have about 25 good ones, but no cable to xfer them until I get home.  I had to show ID twice this morning to get into the office, and be wanded.

Dear Leader waving at the top of the jetway

Dear Leader`s plane

< Desmond | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Outside my window | 31 comments (31 topical, 0 hidden)
When my wife went to Alabama by cam (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 07:16:35 AM EST
she couldn't get into her hotel through the front door as Condaleeza Rice and Jack Straw had monopolised it. What a horrible cloistered life he must lead. I guess if you want the power, you have to accept it.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

During his re-election campaign.. by ana (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 07:23:44 AM EST
HW had to have somebody explain what these fancy laser scanner things in the grocery stores were about. It'd been that long since he'd been allowed out in public.

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

a myth, sadly by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #29 Fri Jan 26, 2007 at 11:19:24 AM EST
Like Clinton's haircut shutting down LAX: http://www.snopes.com/history/american/bushscan.htm

You work at an airport? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 07:21:10 AM EST
It must suck to remove your shoes and belt to get into work.

The ad agency by barooo (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 07:25:27 AM EST
I work for has office space in an unused terminal of the semi-abandoned KCMO downtown airport.  It's only used for private planes, and the part that we work in isn't secured, other than a sign saying no guns or knives in the building.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
I work at Dulles by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 07:36:49 AM EST
In a building outside security. The employee parking lot is walking distance to the terminal, so I get free parking when I travel.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I co-oped at the AC Airport by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 07:41:09 AM EST
Just a wave of my badge, and I could go nearly anywhere. It was best to use the radio and call the control tower if I had to cross a runway, and the Air Guard section was quite perturbed by my Swords into Plowshares bumper sticker.

I'll wave next tiem I go through Dulles.

Daily garage 2? by cam (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 08:09:06 AM EST
Yep by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 08:46:36 AM EST
Out the back door, cross the lot, and I'm there.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Bastard by cam (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 09:00:03 AM EST
We paid $60 the week before to stay in that garage.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

When I flew out to visit Dad by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #19 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 10:45:06 AM EST
I parked in the employee lot right across the street from the garage. About a 1 minute walk to the shuttle bus.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

you should have by alprazolam (4.00 / 2) #8 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 08:27:35 AM EST
[REDACTED]

Did you put by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #11 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 09:02:06 AM EST
a "Yankee Go Home" sign in the window?
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together
A new NASA moon mission by theboz (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 09:30:20 AM EST
I hope you pressed your ass against the window and showed that worthless piece of trash what America really thinks of him.
- - - - -
I don't know about worthless. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 2) #13 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 09:40:27 AM EST
He's just in a position that demands way more than his slim abilities can handle. But, in some other position, say, elementary school gym teacher, I bet he'd really shine.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN!! by Vulch (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 10:19:54 AM EST

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDRUUUUUUUN?

Hmm. Something else then. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 10:23:45 AM EST
How about toll booth attendant?

No by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #21 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 11:41:45 AM EST
Good point. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 01:30:57 PM EST
What about rodeo clown? If he's good at it, then it is something to keep him busy. If it turns out he isn't so good at it, well, then we don't have to worry to much about his future. I think that's win/win.

No by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 01:36:19 PM EST
They have to (1) think fast and (2) their primary job is to protect someone else (the cowboy).

Failure on (1), spectacular failure on (2).

Then again, your 2d point is very well taken.
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together

I don't know by theboz (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 10:42:10 AM EST
The guy is a former cheerleader, not an athlete. Most of the gym teachers I had were at least interested in sports, not dressing fancy and prancing around.
- - - - -
Former? by debacle (2.00 / 0) #26 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 01:52:18 PM EST

He was a high school athlete. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #30 Sat Jan 27, 2007 at 10:39:24 AM EST
He played Little League baseball before focusing on football in junior high. He was QB on his junior high team.

In Andover, he played varsity basketball and baseball, though he was not a star player. He did quit sports his senior year. He became a cheerleader instead of a player, though this was so he could focus his time and energy on his garage band, the Torqueys (weirdly, he wasn't a singer or instrument player - he was "the clapper" in the band). Unlike Kerry's garage band, I don't believe they ever recorded a single.

During this time, Bush also organized the previously haphazard Andover stickball league - becoming Andover's first "High Commissioner of Stickball." A classmate remembers him stopping a stickball game and leading everybody in applause for a bookish, academically-disinclined student who, to everybody's surprise, caught a pop fly. Tell me that's not gym teacher behavior.

During his "nomadic years," he mentored African-American kids in the PULL program in Texas. That program included many sports outings. Youngsters in the program remember Bush playing basketball and teaching wrestling. He also, interestingly, told youngsters not to run when they saw a police cruiser because cops in Texas would unfairly assume the kids had done something illegal and run them down.

I'm telling you - Bush is considerably more qualified to be a gym teacher than he is to be president. In some alternate universe, some better alternate universe, there's a group of kids who absolutely adore their wonderful gym teacher Coach Bush.

Perhaps so by theboz (2.00 / 0) #31 Sat Jan 27, 2007 at 04:53:22 PM EST
Perhaps he is more qualified to be a gym teacher than president. Somehow though, I can just imagine he would manage to fuck it up badly.
- - - - -
Mirrored windows by barooo (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 10:10:48 AM EST

So it wouldn't have really mattered.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
I mean by barooo (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 10:11:07 AM EST

Our building has mirrored windows.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
I work in a book warehouse. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #20 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 11:26:45 AM EST
So if he were driving past the grassy knoll just outside in an open-top parade...

Well, I'm sure you know what I'm thinking.

You'd throw him a copy of 'Where's Waldo?' by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 12:50:20 PM EST

Don't be silly by ambrosen (4.00 / 2) #24 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 01:34:33 PM EST
I'd throw Where's Bin Laden, the undoubted zeitgift of Christmas just gone in the UK.

cameraphone, eh! by bob6 (4.00 / 1) #27 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 10:12:20 PM EST
Nokia's next hit product: the bazookaphone.

Cheers.
Unfair ! by Phage (2.00 / 0) #28 Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 11:42:49 PM EST
I was expexting a picture of Chairman Mao standing in the snow outside some NA business park !

Outside my window | 31 comments (31 topical, 0 hidden)