Print Story Update
By webwench (Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 12:51:10 PM EST) (all tags)
(1) Still in luv with the best guy in the world.

(2) Probably not going to get laid off, based on my performance review. But then again you just never know, do you...

(3) Work motivation today is at an all-time low, despite a promising and productive Monday. We shall have to take another shot at it tomorrow, I am afraid.

(4) All parent meetings went well. Really, really well. Even my stepmom liked him.

(5) My new cable ISP is pretty good at blocking incoming http requests, it seems, so good in fact that I don't think I can host on a closet server anymore... so I'm starting to transfer my gallery albums to smugmug.com, and I'll have to host the rest elsewhere, maybe start using blogger or googlepages or something. Sheesh.

< Stick out, throw forth, or "No new Texes" | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Update | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Congrads by Pasofol (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 01:08:54 PM EST
on number 1,4.  Think he's a keeper?
All the best on 2,3.
I hope it's cheaper as well for #5.

definitely by webwench (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 01:20:47 PM EST
(en tea)

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

Question: by yankeehack (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 01:41:46 PM EST
Does he have a cute younger brother?
How about an older one? by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 02:51:44 PM EST
Depends on how old by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 03:55:52 PM EST
Granted, I have 29-36 on my online profiles but all the guys who contact me are 45ish. Needless to say, I haven't gone out on a date yet.

I don't think I could date a 45 year old unless he was in stupendous physical shape.

I didn't mean by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #8 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 05:46:14 PM EST
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 05:48:18 PM EST
that was good. Really good.
hey, mine is 43 by webwench (4.00 / 1) #15 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 04:52:34 AM EST
although he is in stupendous shape... don't knock the geezers until you try one ;)

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

You've got my age wrong by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #22 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 05:24:29 AM EST
I'm only 43 in April

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
unfortunately, no by webwench (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 04:51:27 AM EST
he has a sister in the northeast, but she's married, so... *shrug*

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

that's crazy talk. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 03:54:54 PM EST
If I ran PHP on my server I'd allow ya some space.  I've tried filling it up but alas.

I once had a performance review that went pretty well.  The next day there was a 20% reduction in force.  My manager was not told about it.  But I doubt your company runs itself the way mine did.

Click

Oh, you'd be surprised by webwench (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 04:56:38 AM EST
I know for a fact that the last layoff targets in our group were targeted not based on their performance, but on their range of skills. When you chop your group in half, you keep the people who are the jacks of all trades, masters of none, and there were some very good masters of a trade or two who lost their jobs that day.

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

I still by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #24 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 02:24:29 PM EST
rue the decision I made to NOT be the Version Control dude.  I wanted to PROGRAM, not manage code.  Heh.  I was part of the RIF and the dude who did take the position left on his own accord 2 years later.  Doh.

Click
Lay Off by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 04:00:35 PM EST
I would say it depends.  Check into how much it appears the officers in the company are raiding the company treasury.  Teh Client didn't need layoffs this year, but the profits weren't high enough to guarantee this year's round of executive incentive comps with out it.  So...

---------------
Fucking executives by debacle (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 06:44:44 PM EST
That's insanely stupid.

If you do a good job, you get a bonus.

If you do a bad job, you fire some people and get a bonus.

It works by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 02:28:01 AM EST
If you only care about yourself, and you aren't a guardian of the company it works.  The problem is that most executives aren't homebrewed.  They come in attracted to high salaries and high bonuses.  They're loyalty isn't to a company it's too a paycheck.  When they leave they follow the next big payday.  That's where Teh Client is right now.  Downward spiral leading to a buyout or closure.

---------------
yuck by webwench (4.00 / 1) #19 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 04:58:10 AM EST
get out while you can :(

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

Working on it by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #23 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 08:08:10 AM EST
Thankfully I've been watching where people are going in the diaspora.  I've kept contact with those going to happy places.

---------------
On (1): by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 01:28:06 AM EST
You say that now, but even sweetie_68 and calla fell out with him.

Are you saying it will be any different this time around? ;)

but, see, I'm special by webwench (4.00 / 2) #13 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 04:49:57 AM EST
I can change him with the power of my love!

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

Well why didn't you say so? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 04:55:28 AM EST
Here was I all worried for no reason.

Further to ad hoc and yankeehack's questions, has he got a younger sister in the UK?

Gosh, sorry by webwench (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 04:57:19 AM EST
My dream guy's family is entirely US-based.

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

hey wait by webwench (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 04:58:55 AM EST
calla fell out with him? There is scuttlebutt I have not heard, apparently...

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

I'm not sure. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #21 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 05:15:16 AM EST
Someone somewhere alluded to it obliquely possibly.

I chose to believe it thus putting the setup for a cheap joke far in front of other people's right to privacy of their emotional life, let alone the potentially libellious nature of my statement.

calla has one guy. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #25 Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 03:52:15 PM EST
sweetie had another.

I shall say no more.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

Update | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback