Print Story 47 Pins
Marriage
By LilFlightTest (Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 05:33:52 AM EST) (all tags)
Or: Holy crap, I have a husband.

Yesterday was perfect. I suspect it was so because after about wednesday, i just let it go. i relaxed more than i have in months. by that point, i realized, what will be will be. i've always known this, but it was easier to realize when i didnt have work or anything else to worry about too. my mother finally stopped asking about whether i had stuff done on about friday afternoon, and i got the last minute projects done (we did some photoboards of parents, grandparents, and great grandparents weddings) and some candids of nick and i, as well as the lovely artwork of Spacejack.

everything was fantastic. i didn't pass out at the altar (though i realized when i got up there that my bra was on waaaaay too tight, and i couldnt breathe, but i'd been in the thing for all of 10 minutes at that point) and i didn't cry, which surprised me. we took pictures in the snow, which were beautiful. i got the exact weather i ordered, which makes me happy.

my pictures are awesome. my photographer is the best, and i'm really glad we went with him. i had so many people come up and tell me he was great, because during dinner he was sitting in a corner putting together a slide show of the ones he took, and he put his laptop out on the cake table after it was cut.

thanks for all your well-wishes, and we'll post pix when we can. we leave on the honeymoon on monday morning at the crack of dawn.

< Attention MNS and other puppy-loving infidels!!!! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
47 Pins | 24 comments (24 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 05:40:48 AM EST
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Here's another #KISS# for the bride! Aww hell, here's a #KISS# for the groom too.

Con grad you lay shuns.

I presume you'll work on the 'lay' part of that this week.

And you can read this now...

Congratulations! (N/T) by theboz (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 06:09:14 AM EST

- - - - -
Congrats! [nt] by TheophileEscargot (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 06:11:29 AM EST

enjoy your married life! :) [nt] by R343L (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 06:26:59 AM EST

Congrats! by ana (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 06:37:03 AM EST
And yeahthat, about letting go and letting it happen. You've survived the wedding, which bodes well for the marriage.

Mazel tov!

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

Perfect? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 06:50:31 AM EST
Of course, it was your special day. How could it have been anything else?

You're fired. by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 08:24:12 AM EST
oh, and WOOT! to the new couple.

Wumpus

Oops, yeah. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 08:47:29 AM EST
I forgot the w00t to the lovely couple.

You guys rock!

HOORAY!!!!!!! by Corky Sherwood (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 09:30:43 AM EST
I'm so happy for you two!  FINALLY!!!

Glad it went without a hitch.  Posst pics when you return!!

W00T!!!

Without a hitch? by komet (4.00 / 2) #11 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 10:09:02 AM EST
No, I'm pretty sure it went with a hitch. Wasn't that the entire point of the exercise?

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Congratulations to both of you! by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #10 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 10:02:54 AM EST
I'm glad you got to make use of the portraits. Have a GREAT honeymoon!

Congratulations! (nt) by thunderbee (2.00 / 0) #12 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 11:32:09 AM EST

w00t by hulver (2.00 / 0) #13 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 12:50:56 PM EST

Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Congrats! by blixco (2.00 / 0) #14 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 02:07:32 PM EST
Glad it went well.  That makes me happy.
---------------------------------
I accidentally had a conversation in italian at lunchtime. I don't speak italian. - Merekat
did you buy insurance for him? by martingale (2.00 / 0) #15 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 03:32:21 PM EST
New husbands are pretty fragile these days, there's lots of complaints about exhaustion right after the honeymoon :)
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
Yaaaayyyyy!!! by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #16 Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 07:43:59 PM EST
Congratulations!!

So sorry we couldn't be there. Enjoy your honeymoon and the rest of your lives together.

Congratulations by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Jan 22, 2007 at 02:52:21 AM EST
May your happiness know no bounds.

---------------
Congrats you crazy kids! [nt] by vorheesleatherface (2.00 / 0) #18 Mon Jan 22, 2007 at 03:23:31 AM EST

Welcome to the marrieds, and . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #19 Mon Jan 22, 2007 at 04:57:44 AM EST
. . . best wishes to you both.

congratulations by webwench (2.00 / 0) #20 Mon Jan 22, 2007 at 09:20:19 AM EST
it's about time ;)

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

i waved at your city today. by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #24 Mon Jan 29, 2007 at 08:09:43 PM EST
so i sort of said hi as we took off in a giant metal tube.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Congrats! by duxup (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon Jan 22, 2007 at 09:42:13 AM EST
n/t
____
CONGRATUMALATIONS!!!! by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #22 Fri Jan 26, 2007 at 07:31:13 AM EST
I'm glad everything went well!! Wish we could have been there.

Have a SUPER MAGNIFICENT time on your honeymoon. Relax and enjoy your time together.

Hugs!
*twinkle*twinkle*

better late than never.... by Mrs FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #23 Fri Jan 26, 2007 at 06:53:37 PM EST
my congrats to you both that is.

sorry we didn't make it out, i'm sure it was simply beautiful. we meant to call you that day, but i think we actually slept in til a little after noon our time.

hope your honeymoon is way fun and exciting.

would love to see some pics when you have time.

love,