Print Story American Beauty moment
By Merekat (Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 03:35:19 AM EST) (all tags)
Not the one in which during a mid life crisis I attempt to seduce a teenager.

The one with the plastic bag dancing in the wind. Except this one was lifted high above the multistorey office blocks, over the train station and drifted away out of sight. So intent was I at following the progress, I didn't notice my bus had pulled up, loaded and driven away until it was too late. Doh.

Unfortunate side effect of gym going. My trousers don't stay up properly:(

Workwise I've hit congestion again. Waiting for feedback and scheduling on three different things from twelve different people before I can continue to do work. Bah.

< Leaving off where someone else started | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
American Beauty moment | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Re: Trouser Quandry by theboz (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 04:27:46 AM EST
There is this new invention that might be able to help with that. It's pretty cool and you should check it out sometime to see if it works. What makes it even better is that they have a decent range of prices, so if you want to get one to try out for cheap it's not difficult.

I believe this new scientific breakthrough is called a "belt." :-)
- - - - -

aha! by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 04:54:39 AM EST
Unfortunately, there's enough extra material gathered by the belt that it makes the trousers a bit uncomfortable.

Solution by MrPlough (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 05:20:37 AM EST
No Trousers!
No work.
this suggests by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 06:44:11 AM EST
excellent idea by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 06:48:38 AM EST
Except all that are on sale at the moment are stupid really skinny leg fashionable ones where as these are comfly, well pocketed girlie combats.

ugh by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 07:14:28 AM EST
yea you wouldn't want to look good, i say stay with the bunched up, saggy assed dingy old stuff until you can eat yourself back into them.

dude by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 07:27:18 AM EST
I have legs like a rugby player. It would not be pretty.

I was thinking rose petals [nt] by R Mutt (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 04:39:09 AM EST

er by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 04:54:59 AM EST

Maybe he just meant by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 05:28:19 AM EST
<whisper, just so blixco doesn't lose his train of thought>Mena Suvari</whisper>

I mean, it's quite a memorable scene.

ZOMG! by blixco (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 05:43:27 AM EST
IUADFALKDSJ

<no carrier>
---------------------------------
I accidentally had a conversation in italian at lunchtime. I don't speak italian. - Merekat

Oh dear. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 05:49:35 AM EST
Sorry, I won't do it again. I didn't really Mena, I mean, mean to that time

Winds and carrier bags by Vulch (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 05:16:31 AM EST

Lots of gales in the UK yesterday. Dustbin day in my road. This week they collect the green bins of compostable material which are mostly empty given the time of year and the weather, and the blue boxes of recyclable plastics. Open blue boxes. Open blue boxes full of things like lightweight empty plastic milk containers. Some of which have been presorted by kindly householders into carrier bags of the two or three different varieties of plastics they take.

Imagine what my road looks like after the wind. Still, the assortment of green bins and blue boxes scattered in the road did at least slow down some of the rat runners yesterday morning.

I ain't been to no sinkin gym. by priestess (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 06:04:15 AM EST
But I noticed my trousers were a bit loose too. So I quickly grabbed the ones from the back of the cupboard that used to be too tight to wear. Might as well make the most of it before the weight comes back on I reckon.

They're still a bit too tight though. Still, holds the belly in.

Pre.........
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

american beauty moment by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 08:45:33 AM EST
not nearly as interesting as the one where the teenage slacker next door gets you high.

American Beauty moment | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback