Print Story I took the time to write it
By StackyMcRacky (Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 06:39:04 AM EST) (all tags)
I may as well post it.

Good days, and bad days.

This is beginning to look like a bad day.

Tuesday was awful.  The nausea almost incapacitated me.  To make things worse, I feel like such a pansy for not being able to just suck it up and function.

Wednesday I stayed home from work.  I called my mommy  :(  She went to the health food store and brought me some ginger root tea.  The tea is like a miracle - it really takes the edge off my nausea.

Yesterday I was good, I was functional!  Today....I just feel like crap.

Adding to my crap feeling is my lack of sleep from last night.  We're keeping the man-dog again.  She decided that 3:30am was prime playtime and that everybody needed to participate.  I was unable to go back to sleep.  She's such a spaz I can't even acknowledge her - even a simple pat on the head turns into her freaking out and jumping all over me.  Jumping all over me leads to much pain, so I pretty much ignore the pup.

Porschea is being a sweetheart of a pup.  While I was puking my brains out last night, she sat next to me and licked my leg.  She's also trying to keep the man-dog away from me.

Yesterday, somebody actually sent me an email saying I needed to do their job for them, because they just don't have time.  At least she didn't try to hide it this time.  Unfortunately, I have less time than her, so I couldn't help.  I was nice about it, thought, and found somebody else who took care of it.  Man, I want a job where I can just pawn off things I don't feel like doing.  How do so many people get away with that kind of thing?

I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again - I'm really digging taking the bus+train+shuttle to work in the mornings.  Not driving is really a relief.

My new iPod Nano is actually kinda cool.  It's soooo small!  I'm also enjoying podcasts on my way to work in the mornings.

< A Day in the Life | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I took the time to write it | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Those coffe swilling swine by Phage (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 06:48:48 AM EST
Have had it coming.

i miss coffee by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 06:55:00 AM EST
all its tasty goodness.

Be careful with the ginger. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 07:08:50 AM EST
I don't want to scare you - but it can induce miscarriage. My doc wouldn't let me drink it.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.
so does everything else by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 07:14:21 AM EST
i have strict instructions on how much tea to drink, etc.

and i'm told that before it will cause a misscarriage, it will cause horrible stomach acid problems.

That's good to know. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 07:24:15 AM EST
I used the ginger tea only a few times, and told the doctor. She was a very tiny Asian woman and raised her voice when she said "Do you want a miscarriage?"

I felt like a criminal.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

next time that happens by dr k (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 08:58:16 AM EST
tell her: "Correlation does not equal causation."

Also, don't tell your doctor anything.

:| :| :| :| :|

Maybe you should see a Priest by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 08:12:14 AM EST
I mean, I'm not convinced that you're not carrying the Devil's baby, what with all this puking and head spinning around and stuff.

My new iPod Nano is actually kinda cool

Ahah... it's a good thing you cut back on those baby carrots so you could afford to get a new iPod :)

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

nobody ever said by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 09:13:23 AM EST
it wasn't the Devil's baby.  it feels pretty damn devilish sometimes.

And the nano, along with all other xmas gifts, were purchased well before we even suspected I was pregnant.  If I could see the future, Bob, I would be able to tell you exactly what color of van down by the river you'll be living in!

Rats by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 10:18:26 AM EST
I thought I had you there.

Ah well, you'll slip up and I'll be here waiting patiently for it to happen...

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

maybe i'll get Smart by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 10:50:16 AM EST
and I won't post my slip-ups!  HA!

IN YOUR FACE!

it's hard to slip up when all you do is puke and sleep.

Unless you step on by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 11:49:18 AM EST
the puke, and slip in that.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

ew by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 12:11:39 PM EST
toilet.  i aim for the toilet.

Man Dog by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #7 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 08:31:39 AM EST
clock's changed his username?
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together
heh by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 09:14:07 AM EST

man dog = friend's 1-year-old Boxer pup named Freya

boxers == teh loopyness by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #17 Sun Jan 14, 2007 at 07:47:56 AM EST
they calm down at around the age of 10 or so.

Missing Poll Option: by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 03:52:35 PM EST
  • Whaling First Mate
  • Hang in there. I'm telling you: Tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after, you'll convert into SuperWonder Woman -- and in addition to other things, the man-dog will be hiding with his tail between his legs.

I'm living for the 2nd trimester by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 07:06:55 PM EST
    weeks to go yet, but i hold hope.

I took the time to write it | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback