Print Story 9/18/06 -- More Notre Dame and the Latin Quarter
By garlic (Thu Sep 28, 2006 at 12:43:48 PM EST) (all tags)
We hit Notre Dame late on Sunday, and the towers were already closed. So we showed up early on Monday morning so that we could check out the top.

And man, was it worth it. The gargoyles were a late addition to the cathedral, in the 17th century I believe. They are showing some wear and tear, but they're also still pretty cool.

One of the things we enjoyed in London (besides LHUSI drinks, UTB:NB edition) was a london walk with a guide. We did 4 Paris walks this time. 2 in the latin quarter focussing on the first revolution and the medieval latin quarter, 1 in Marais, and a fashion walk. They all (even the fashion walk) were good. This photo is of some 18th century (I think) ads that were underneath a couple coats of paint.

< Rep. Nadler, D-NY | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
9/18/06 -- More Notre Dame and the Latin Quarter | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
LHUSI drinks UTB:NB? by debacle (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Sep 28, 2006 at 01:13:09 PM EST
hires?

Here's the lowres ones: by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Sep 28, 2006 at 01:27:07 PM EST
well, no babies, anyway.

I also was unaware of any UTBNB that day. Perhaps garlic will spill the beans.

and thusly by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Sep 28, 2006 at 04:43:02 PM EST
the american chicks are going to start again with the whole "oh they're cute" meme
Alice must be so cute by calla (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Sep 30, 2006 at 10:44:43 AM EST
that all cameras go blurry when his pic is taken?

"but i have a vested interest in keeping the people who see me naked interested in continuing to see me naked." 256

cute/nervously shifting by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Oct 04, 2006 at 02:23:36 AM EST
i geuninely hate having my picture taken

But... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Oct 04, 2006 at 04:19:16 AM EST
...just for you:

Red face & big nosed (drunken night out in Scotland).

I like this one though.

+++++ by calla (4.00 / 2) #11 Wed Oct 04, 2006 at 04:53:27 PM EST
Hey girls - MORE ALICE PICS!!!

not blurry!!!

HE'S SO CUTE!!!

God bless you... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Oct 05, 2006 at 12:34:00 AM EST
...and your various visual impairments.

Tom by garlic (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Sep 29, 2006 at 06:52:41 AM EST
was encouraging my buddy and my gf that since my buddy was having a dryspell, UTB:NB with my gf was the answer. Tom was greatly amused -- my gf, less so.

Tom went to boarding school, didn't he? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Sep 29, 2006 at 11:09:37 AM EST
So he should have been just as able to help your friend out. He can get as good as he gives, I'm sure.

To be frank, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Sep 28, 2006 at 01:28:25 PM EST
it's not worth going to big churches unless you can go up the tower. Well, that's an exaggeration, but I reckon it's the best bit.

IAWTP by MM (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Sep 29, 2006 at 01:22:58 PM EST
I rolled up to the top of the Koln cathedral years ago which at the time was the coolest view I had evar witnessed. We also threw pfennigs down into the square below because we were evil American teenagers and had our reputation to uphold.