Print Story 9/16/06 -- Heritage days -- Pantheon invaded
By garlic (Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 01:31:04 AM EST) (all tags)
The Pantheon was open for free due to heritage days, so Liz and I went in to check it out. I don't reconize many of the revolutionary names in the tombs, but I did recognize Hugo and Dumas.

Flying that way is pretty jetlagging, so we were goofballs and proceded to go to Crepes a gogo and order baguettes instead of crepes. Probably also a little flustered since our French was still pretty rusty. Although it did seem like more Parisians were willin to speak English this time when they saw us struggling or heard our terrible accents.

< More spam wisdom and inevitably attention Kellnerin | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
9/16/06 -- Heritage days -- Pantheon invaded | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WTF? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 02:03:10 AM EST
What was that designer thinking, with those ginormous used condoms hanging from the ceiling?

nylon filled with styrofoam. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 04:15:45 AM EST

Two great things that go great together by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 02:32:10 AM EST
Hey, you got your Greek temple in my largest dome in the ancient world! You got your largest dome in the ancient world in my Greek temple!

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
sorta by garlic (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 02:41:19 AM EST
it's in Paris, created in classical (neoclassical?) style as a church about a year before the revolution, not a ood year to open a church. The revolutionaries repurposed it as a place to keep the remains of the Grand Hommes of the revolution and of france.

I must admit I didn't know there were two now by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 03:03:54 AM EST
Still, I think it's the Pantheon, not the "Partheon", which seems to be a confusion with Parthenon.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
uh.. oops. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 03:21:26 AM EST
I've been saying it right in french, but wrong in English the whole time. this is why I always thought something sounded wrong when I was saying it in english.

Of course the French are willing to speak English by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 05:14:55 AM EST
They don't have the time to correct all your mistakes. Besides, even if they did, hearing their language butchered by anglophones is unbearable to them.

a la carte, mon francais n'est pas mal. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 06:10:05 AM EST
Pour billets aussi.