Except we, and by which I mean me, overlooked a third quite obvious result: that being "who the fuck knows?" The hurricane that Joh3n sent to Los Cabos caused an evacuation of the city and the staff of the hotel I was booked at was evacuated. So there was no policy in place for if they would refund or not, and the people who would decide that were in the process of fleeing the city.
I took this as a bad sign and did the only reasonable thing and cancelled our trip, refund or not. Since then Alaska has now cancelled the flight entirely so I would find it hard to believe that they still intend to charge us for the hotel that we cannot get to.
Instead of Cabo we are going to Whistler BC, which from what I hear does not usually get hurricanes this time of year. If one shows up I'm going to have to chalk it up to fate and just assume that it's my destiny to go from one unlikely hurricane destination to another until I finally die of dysentery or whatever.
Thanks for you advice and kind words, we're going to have a great time regardless of the stupid hurricane.
Oh, and I got a notice saying my Green Card application was officially approved. woo!
|< Post-morting | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|