Print Story Every Clyde needs to have his Bonnie
HuSi
By spacejack (Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 06:29:03 PM EST) Husi portrait studio (all tags)
Gah, sometimes when I finish these things and then I have to come up some witty title and copy for a diary, I've just got nothing.

Oh also, ATTN: 256 CHECK YOUR PMs.

calla

Her photo was cropped at the top (WHICH IS A BIG NO NO BY THE WAY) so I had to crop it to a landscape composition.

< She had hips that were *censored* and would not stop. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Every Clyde needs to have his Bonnie | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
SUUWEEEET!!! by calla (4.00 / 3) #1 Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 06:33:38 PM EST
I'm thinking I look like Brooke Shields there.

Thanks - I'll look good next to the dude.

"but i have a vested interest in keeping the people who see me naked interested in continuing to see me naked." 256

Haha by debacle (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 07:06:49 PM EST
Try Jay Leno.

for reference by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 07:44:06 PM EST
I know who brooke shields is by debacle (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 08:05:25 PM EST
Trust me, the fappatory nature of our relationship is nothing to be taken lightly.

Also by debacle (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 08:10:33 PM EST
The Jay Leno chide is because for once you used the right number of lines on the top half of the face, but the ones on the bottom are still too defined.

Is the point of this exercise to go from colors and grayscales to black and white? I've seen some of your stuff in color and you don't make any of those mistakes here.

Also, while I don't have access to the source material, I wonder why her hair and ti_mmoniacal's hair look wet in the pictures.

Hope you don't feel like I'm ribbing on you - I don't think I could do better. If you feel like I'm stomping a bit too hard, I can ease off - I'm assuming you're doing this for yourself as much as anyone else.

My hair is wet in the pic. by calla (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 09:33:27 PM EST
that's all.

Something strange [nt] by debacle (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 10:15:35 PM EST

is that.. by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 04:49:12 AM EST
Is that hair gel?

I don't mind by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 05:21:14 AM EST
you can critique the drawings however you want, just try not to stomp all over my models in the process.

I wasn't stomping calla by debacle (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 07:54:22 AM EST
I'm sure she's purely vivacious both physically and in spirit.

Sorry calla!

also re: purpose by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 08:00:57 AM EST
I'm basically just practicing portraits and figures, and just trying to practice drawing in general. I'm also trying to get used to using an ink brush, which I've never used much in the past. Like you said about painting, you can fix your mistakes. Ink drawings, though I sometimes do a little retouching on the computer, you have to live with your mistakes (or try to learn not to make as many).

If I really want to improve, I really need to get back to the basics and improve my drawing and sketching skills. I've actually been considering taking a classical art class that I found out about through a friend, who recommended it highly.

lips by garlic (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 06:50:52 PM EST
I'm not sure what it is, but many of these pictures' lips seem a little off. Still very cool though.

Yes jack. Your rendering of eyes, lashes and brows by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 02:59:52 AM EST
are becoming spectacularly good.

I think you got her eyes just right by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Sep 14, 2006 at 07:52:49 PM EST
as I remember them anyway.

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

Dude, by blixco (4.00 / 2) #10 Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 02:36:44 AM EST
it's amazing.  You're amazing.  This whole experiment / art concept is amazing.

I really wish I could draw.  When I was younger, I was decent with both technical pen and pencil, but I had to cheat, using graphs and the like.

It's not easy making a drawing look like someone.  Just a bunch of lines, and they end up being a person.  That's just damn cool.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

I love the eyes . . . by slozo (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 10:30:13 AM EST
. . . lots of character there. Nice overall composition.

I agree with an earlier comment about the lips - but I'm not sure of a practical solution. Putting in "lip lines" might make it look strange . . . but making the inside of the mouth dark might help at first. I don't know, just throwing out some ideas . . .

by the way by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 11:51:12 AM EST
What time were you planning to get to the bar tomorrow? I had a feeling Saturday might be a conflict for me, and it turns out I was right. If you're going to be there before 9 though, I can stop by first before heading out to a friend's birthday.

Not to make any promises . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 05:30:40 PM EST
. ..  but I should be there around 8pm. Coming with littlestar and CBB though, so it's on their schedule. I'll see u at 8!

will do (nt) by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #19 Sat Sep 16, 2006 at 06:44:16 AM EST