Print Story Attention Boston Infidels
By ana (Sun Sep 10, 2006 at 09:14:30 AM EST) (all tags)
Howzabout Friday evening?

Based on the results of this solicitation, it looks like Friday night would be a good time for the feting of janra and mh, who'll be doing the tourist thing next weekend in our fair city and environs.

Anybody have an idea for a place we can probably get in on a Friday night? I'm thinking we could gather someplace after work, do dinner, hang out, chat, etc. before bringing the guests of honor and their respective luggage to our house.

I'm guessing having the car down there would be useful for the coming home part, so someplace not all that far from the Boston Common and its garage would be good. That'd include, for example, Chinatown.

ad hoc, you in?

< "At the Foreign Correspondents' Club, in Yurakucho" | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Attention Boston Infidels | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
venues by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 04:44:46 AM EST
I'll leave Chinatown suggestions to those who work there.

Transportation building offers Tantric, a Pho Pasteur, and a California Pizza Kitchen, I think.

There's also the sushi place with the pretentious water that I went to once with aethucyn, which is in the vicinity of Downtown Crossing. Or also in the same vein, past where I work if you're coming from the Common, is Ma Soba where my former boss once ordered way too much food for a company dinner (as he is wont to do). Plus side of the latter is that it's close to ice cream and/or frozen yogurt afterwards.

The Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall area has gotten less interesting, though Kingfish Hall is still there, I think.

By the waterfront which is further but still walkable there's Legal's and Sel de la Terre.

Do not misuse.

Also... by ana (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 11:55:57 AM EST
in the Transportation Building is the Rock Bottom.

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

Maybe by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 11:41:27 AM EST
It would have to be pretty early though. I have to be up and out by 6:00 am the next day, and have to get the dog to the sitter that night, so I need to be finished no later than, like, 8:00 if it's in town. Probably 7:00 if out of town.
Once you get used to the idea that everything is equally true, decisions get much easier. -- johnny
I'm thinking... by ana (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 11:54:41 AM EST
a late night might not be in the cards anyway; we'll need to get luggage and the guests to our house and installed. If we meet around six in town and go for dinner, you could wander off when you need to.

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

That might work by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 12:04:15 PM EST
Plus, if I can't get my chain fixed or if it's raining, I'm not going, so would be free anyway.
Cool. by ana (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 12:07:41 PM EST
So how does everybody else feel about that. Say, Rock Bottom at 6-ish?

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

never been by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 01:57:17 PM EST
But I'm game.

Do not misuse.
As am I [nt] by aethucyn (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 02:19:57 PM EST

New wrinkle... by ana (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 05:34:01 PM EST
"I think I like Jacob Wirth's better than Rock Bottom," quoth toxicfur. Kellnerin, at least, will remember sitting opposite rusty there.

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

I remember being there by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Sep 12, 2006 at 02:23:18 AM EST
Not exactly how to get there though, since we arrived by way of Penang, in the dark.

Do not misuse.
Sounds like by ana (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Sep 12, 2006 at 04:00:49 PM EST
we have at least most of a groundswell in favor of Jacob Wirth's, Friday night, say 6:30?

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin