Print Story Another busy week
By ad hoc (Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 10:43:47 AM EST) (all tags)
And time just flies.

Attention fishy aficianados

Big, big accident this morning. The street was closed for about two hours. Some woman way f-l-y-i-n-g down the street and hit a parked car, went airborne, and came down topside down in the middle of the street. Someone who came on the scene as she was being pulled from the car heard her say "I'm really really tired". Lucky she wasn't dead. The car was full of silverware and kitchen utensils, so my guess is she was trying to move in a hurry and then get to work or something. It's the first time I've seen a tow-truck driver right a car that was upside down on a narrow road. That's quite a talent.

Nothing much planned for the weekend as the weather is supposed to be pretty crappy.

Bought three new (used) CDs today. Yellow 1980-1985, Kraftwerk Tour de France 2003, and Hot Tuna Greatest Hits. I was looking for some Misfits or Ministry, but they didn't have any. Well, they had one Ministry, but I already have it.

Daddy's Junky Music (next to Berklee) is having a back to school sale that got me thinking about whether to join komet in his latest adventure. Hmmm... I'll have to go back and look again, but I think the online prices Mr. Abooey linked to are better than the sale prices at Daddy's.

I'm ending this week early and I'm off to the gym. Have a super swell holiday weekend.

< What I did with my summer vacation ('06 edition) | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Another busy week | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I hate to disappoint you by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 11:08:34 AM EST
but Kraftwerk is an electronica sort of band, and there's probably very little push bike content on that CD. If you wanted to hear lots of lycra clad guys like Lance grunting and sweating and bikes whirring and such, you'll probably want to look elsewhere.

Hot Tuna? Are you a hippy?

I kind of like the Kraftwerk tune, though. by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 01:41:16 PM EST
I heard it as background music on a YouTube video somewhere.

And I got Hot Tuna just for "Water Song". I love that.
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.

The New Mix in One Go is fucking great. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 08:43:15 PM EST
I'm such a fiend for Live at the Roxy.

Hot Tuna keyboard player Nick Buck by johnny (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Sep 02, 2006 at 10:53:06 AM EST
Guess where he is today?  A software salesman for Laszlo Systems, Inc, creators of OpenLaszlo, the Web 2.0 sensation.  He has plenty of tales about touring with Jorma and Jack, etc, and about how record companies screw you six ways from Sunday, but mostly we talk about parenthood and software.  It's funny how life goes, ain't it?

The guy looks so young too, which is the funny thing, as life on the road as a rock star is supposed to age you. You would never know that he actually was in Hot Tuna (& session man for Dead, Airplane, etc) except when he lets slip that over the last weekend he had to play in some benefit gig for some old Tuna roadie or Airplane drummer or whatever.

*Salesman*? by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Sep 02, 2006 at 11:44:01 AM EST