Print Story where'd my year go?
By LilFlightTest (Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 12:40:54 PM EST) (all tags)
i'm twenty-freakin-four.

this year went way too fast...i know i'm not that old, but i feel old in a lot of ways. i'll probably feel older after i dont go back to school in fall, and when i get a job.

i'll probably feel older still once i'm married, and again when i have kids. jeebuz.

i know i'm still a youngun, but time marches on.

< The big blue room | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
where'd my year go? | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
happy birfday. by ana (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 12:47:06 PM EST
:-D

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

Happy birthday by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 12:57:17 PM EST
Crikey, Mrs. Ha and I were already livign together when I was 24.

we've been by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 01:49:28 PM EST
since i was...um...21.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
but look at all you've accomplished in that time by Greener (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 01:01:34 PM EST
You've graduated college, gotten engaged and traveled through parts of Europe. You earned that year.

It's worse when you're stuck in the drudgery of a regular 9-5 where your vacation time is used just to catch up with your life and you don't have the chance to go traveling or experience something new. When all the years start blending together into one big monotonous span and you don't notice when one ends and another begins then start to worry about getting old.

Man, that sounds depressing. I hope It never happens to me.

for real by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 01:12:32 PM EST
I was just 19 yesterday or so it seemed.

Blizzard of Death '06
One boring year by skippy (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 03:06:09 PM EST
Seriously, that's all I want.  One boring year.

Too many boring years would suck, but there has just been too much excitement these past (three? four?) years and I wouldn't mind a break from it.

Happy birthday! by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 01:42:00 PM EST
When I was 24, I was in the death-throes of a soul-sucking relationship. You've got your life way more on track than I did. Enjoy it! :-)
Continue to lean until you feel gravity threatening to discipline you for being stupid. - CRwM
my soul sucking relationship by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 01:50:13 PM EST
ended when i was 19...such a relief!
---------
Dance On, Gir!
HAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!! by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 03:13:59 PM EST
There's the equivalent of a person of drinking age between your age and mine!

Con

grad

you

lay

shuns

Indeed by Phage (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 10:33:03 PM EST
Time's swift arrow, and all that.

happy birfumday kiddo by Mrs FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 06:37:46 PM EST
hope you got your card on time.

Wheeee...Flyin' is Fun!!

I'll be God-damned. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 07:17:45 PM EST
I am old enough to be your father.

is it bad of me by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 3) #12 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 07:43:23 PM EST
to be glad you're not my father?
---------
Dance On, Gir!
It's for the best. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #13 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 08:49:19 PM EST
Really.

No, you're old. Hope you have a big dowry... :P by atreides (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 03:16:13 AM EST
Oh, and the blessings of the Tyrant on his Satrap's most happy birthday. Let yesterday be a day of joy and feasting throughout the land.

Selah.

Have you seen The Passion yet? Here's a spoiler for you: Jesus dies.
"...compassion is more than a 16 point word in scrabble." - MostlyHarmless

we feasted by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 11:18:49 AM EST
had an excellent chicken alfredo pizza.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Happy Happy! by molasses (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 04:04:28 PM EST
Hope you have a great day! (or had)

Happy Birthday! by MostlyHarmless (4.00 / 1) #18 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 10:08:15 PM EST
Please keep "not dying" on your list of yearly accomplishments!

And "enjoyed life".

Mike
[Mostly Harmless]

i'm still a youngun by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #19 Mon Aug 21, 2006 at 05:03:08 AM EST
Go on, keep saying it. :o

--- Thad ---