Print Story Photo Tuesday: Grass
Photos
By stark (Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 10:57:20 PM EST) photos, photo of the day (all tags)
Blue skies + yellow grass-type stuff = good photo (in general). Sadly not necessarily true for this shot, but there you go.

Grass
< We've got golden fingers | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Photo Tuesday: Grass | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
For myself, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 05:03:24 AM EST
I'd have focussed more on the middle blade.

I'm a bit of a fan of depth of field myself, too.

My liking for narrow depth of field by stark (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 11:03:00 PM EST
stems from the fact that it's much easier than getting a decently large DOF!
U.S. Patent 5443036 concerns a device for encouraging a cat to exercise by chasing a light spot.
Even in that light? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 12:28:33 AM EST
I'd have thought you'd need a neutral density filter for that.

I'd have liked to see one with just the second nearest blade of grass in focus instead of the closest, though.

Nice shot by glamorgan (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:14:15 AM EST
The blue sky is a great backdrop for the grass.  On your belly for this one, or was it near the top of a hill?

I just picked up an Olympus E-500 and have been having a blast with varying the field of depth.  This is my first SLR camera so the creative freedom is refreshing!

Crawling around on my belly by stark (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 11:05:27 PM EST
Update: grass is itchy and contains numerous insects.

I would be interested to see the shots from your new camera...

Unworthy by glamorgan (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 04:08:40 AM EST
I've taken about 600 shots in the week since I bought the camera. I think I have 200 pictures of my cat, and she now is blind from the flash.

Most of the pictures are not fit to display in public, but I'm sure I can find a few that are not too bad.  I'll post a few later today.

Very nice. by skippy (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 11:14:35 AM EST
They still make that colour blue?  Purty!

Only in Australia by stark (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 11:08:38 PM EST
Taken on Granite Island, just outside Victor Harbor near Adelaide.
Photo Tuesday: Grass | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback