Print Story Unheeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 05:30:45 AM EST) All this and much much more!! (all tags)
The B.A.D.TM

Living the Americian Dream since 1976...

I've been having lots of dreams lately. Or at least remembering them, for all I know I've always been dreaming but didn't recall them. As a matter of fact I'm back on my "wake up at 3:00 A.M." schedule (almost on the dot) every day and this seems to coincide with the dreams. They're not nightmares so I don't think that's why I'm waking up, but nonetheless I'm waking up in the middle of some bizarre shit.

I'm not going to bore you with the details as there's little that's more dreadful than some imaginary Internets putz going on and on about some whacky dream he had, but suffice it to say that it's stuff like going fishing with Mariah Carey and debating the merits of various different soda's with her. Beats me, I mean, I don't even like to fish and I rarely drink soda. I suppose it probably means I want to fuck my mom, or some such bizarre crap, but I'm generally not one to put much credence into the meaning of dreams, for me it's more like watching myself in some freaky movie. Mariah has great cans, by the way.

I was bored and feeling lackluster on Sunday so I hopped on my trusty steed and rode down to the bookstore where I picked up a couple DVD's1, namely the new Pink Floyd disc, and the old Peter Frampton disc. I have the Frampton one on a CDRom as a friend of mine downloaded it on the double top secret underground Internets P2P network, but I wanted to see it on the big screen (relatively speaking) with a real stereo.

The Frampton disc is great, his playing is killer (it's a shame he had that pretty-boy rocker rep hanging on him because he's a damn fine guitar player) and the video is very tastefully shot. His voice is still in great shape too, all in all this is a great disc. The Pink Floyd disc is pretty good too, although I've only watched Disc 1 thus far. The audio is pretty good (not great) and the video portion isn't bad either, they do their best to give the feel for what it's like to attend a Floyd concert. I actually saw PF live back in the day when I was a mere lad but darned if I recall any of it, however I was assured by the people I went with that I had a rip-roaring time! Ha!

I cruised down from the bookstore to the local Sam Ash store where I bought some new cables and futzed around for about a half hour. I sat down and plinked on a couple "real" pianos as well as a real nice Korg electric piano that sounded effing great, however it was a real shocker to have to deal with using real weighted keys instead of the faux keys on my little Casio. I can see how learning on a cheap electric would make for a tough transition to a real one. That said I was able to pound out a rather convincing version of Greensleeves and Let It Be.

The End.

[1] - I know I know, buying crap to make yourself feel better is such a girlie thing to do (it's okay for them though as they need something to keep them busy when they're not cooking or getting pregnant) but I don't do it very often so I'm not concerned.

< A Day in the Life | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Unheeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Dreams by me0w (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 05:49:01 AM EST
I keep having this dream where I'm travelling with the Dalai Lama. We discuss complex Buddhist concepts. And then we go to Vegas.

Ah.. by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 05:52:57 AM EST
I'm pretty sure that means you want to fuck my mom too.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Your mom by me0w (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:04:19 AM EST
Is she hot?

She was when she was 18 by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:10:42 AM EST
But after three kids and two divorces she's all mom-ly now. That said she's probably ahead of the curve when compared to her peers.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

That sounds hot! by me0w (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:13:24 AM EST
I bet she's a wild woman in the sack.

WIPO: Time for some decongestants by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:02:14 AM EST
Bob, if you're not going to see Dr. Mumbai, I'd suggest stocking up on various decongestants, so you can drain your sinus cavities. I'm a big fan of psuedo-ephedrine myself, I reckon about ten boxes should last you, and if you could pick up some Lithium button batteries too I'd be much obliged.

You think?? by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:15:27 AM EST
It's all on the left side of my neck, just under the ear. In fact the gland is noticeably enlarged just under the ear.

I'm wondering if it's an ear infection (although the ear doesn't hurt so much as the gland running under it, which is causing the ear to feel blocked like when you're on a plane) or something cause the bastard refuses to go away on it's own.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

You're old enough to have seen PF back in the day? by lm (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:20:48 AM EST
I'm thinking you must be referring to the Waterless incarnation. I dunno if that quite qualifies as ``back in the day.''

Cicero, The Republic
I honestly don't know what year it was by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:29:56 AM EST
But it was the Waters-full version as far as I know. I'm not certain though.

I'll have to do some research on their tours to see if I can figure it out.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I think '83 was the cut off for Watersful touring by lm (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:39:43 AM EST
At least I'm pretty certain that Waters never toured with PF after the release of The Final Cut in '83 which everyone except Waters hated. They may have stopped touring even earlier than that. That would have made you quite the wee lad, no?

Cicero, The Republic
Ah.. that settles is then by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 06:50:15 AM EST
It would have had to be the Waters-less version indeed.

It's rather a moot point though, it could have been the original Beatles for all I know. Well, truth be told I do seem to recall a huge giant pig with blinking eyes floating about over my head, but that's it.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

So, you enjoy pounding one out at the music store? by atreides (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 07:09:22 AM EST
Naughty Tympanist...

Have you seen The Passion yet? Here's a spoiler for you: Jesus dies.
"...compassion is more than a 16 point word in scrabble." - MostlyHarmless

Yes by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 07:28:59 AM EST
Gazing upon a gaggle of ill-dressed rockers with bad hair and tasteless tattoo's always turns me on.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I saw Floyd in the late 80's by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 02:43:22 AM EST
in Houston. Very bizarre show. The bizarrity was possibly enhanced by the 4 or 5 hits of LSD, the dope I smoked, and the Bacardi, but I recall it as being the most weird show ever. Great music, and you could hear all of it as no one was talking/screaming/cheering during the show. We all just sort of sat there and took it all in.

I remember a flying inflatable pig, but that may have been the acid.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Yeah yeah! by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 03:58:27 AM EST
That wasn't just you, I saw the pig too! It was as big as a house and had blinking eyes. Wild.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Get To A Doctor by Improbus (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 05:27:31 AM EST
It sounds like you have an ear infection.  If you get a shot of antibiotics in your hiney you will probably feel much better.

P.S.  That song is one of my favorite "El Cid" memories, that and "Blackhole Sun."

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago. --- Oma Desala