Print Story Pan-Pacific Shrimp
Food
By cam (Sun Aug 06, 2006 at 04:14:33 PM EST) Recipe, Grill, Shrimp, Lime, Stuff (all tags)
Recipe for; lime, shrimp, pineapple, corn, tomato and lettuce.

pan-pac shrimp

Marinate the shrimp in quarter cup of lime juice, quarter cup of olive oil, four cloves of minced garlic, and one finally chopped small onion. Plus a dash of crushed red pepper.

Grill shrimp on charcoal grill on skewers with tomato and potato.

Fry pinapple and boil corn. Present on platter with firecracker lettuce and romain lettuce.

Ta-da. I dripped some fresh lime on the shrimp while it was grilling too.

Good stuff.

< Elaborate Calling | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Pan-Pacific Shrimp | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Might could by ana (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun Aug 06, 2006 at 04:34:42 PM EST
roast the corn on the charcoal grill as well, wrapped in foil.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

In foil? No! by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun Aug 06, 2006 at 04:53:18 PM EST
Remove as much silk as you can without removing the husk. Soak whole corn (husk and all) in heavily salted water. Roast in husk.

MMmmmm.
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.

w00t! by ucblockhead (4.00 / 2) #3 Sun Aug 06, 2006 at 04:58:50 PM EST
And I'm getting a grill maybe next weekend!
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Shrimp? by ajf (4.00 / 2) #4 Sun Aug 06, 2006 at 07:58:31 PM EST
"Shrimp"?

You've been away from home too long.

Sounds tasty though.

"I am not buying this jam, it's full of conservatives"

Eh ? by Phage (4.00 / 2) #5 Sun Aug 06, 2006 at 11:30:01 PM EST
Shrimp ? What he said.

the peppers is american too by cam (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 01:14:36 AM EST
Sorta by Phage (4.00 / 2) #8 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 01:47:11 AM EST
They call them 'peppers' here too.

You're lucky I am still tripping up with pronouncing router. To me it's a 'rowter', here it's a 'rooter'. Just sounds odd.

In proper English by Vulch (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 03:34:52 AM EST

A "rowter" makes holes in wood, a "rooter" tell stuff where to go.

Completely correct by Phage (4.00 / 2) #11 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 03:42:52 AM EST
But in my background, root is a euphemism for feck. So outside of the garden, the American pronounciation has been adopted to avoid offence.

The root-route thing has me sufficiently by cam (4.00 / 2) #15 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 07:56:07 AM EST
confused that I dont know which I used to say. Every road here is a route, so I dont snigger at the word root anymore. Then again, I pronounced potomac phonetically for several years before training myself to say pah-tome-ick instead of potta-mack. Reminds me of the jokes about woo-loo-moo-loo.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

It is pan-pac by cam (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 01:14:06 AM EST
Apparently there is a difference between shrimp and prawns, something to do with their gills are, or something like that. I thought it was too different words for the same thing.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Nope, he's right! by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #9 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 02:05:03 AM EST
Lob another shrimp on the barbie, Bruce!  Rippah!

That looks tasty by lm (4.00 / 2) #12 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 03:47:23 AM EST
If only I could convince my wife and kids that shrimps taste yummy ...

Cicero, The Republic
it looks delicious! by bobdole (4.00 / 2) #13 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 06:26:21 AM EST
but shrimps still taste like saltwater chewing gum as far as I'm concerned. More or less depending on how they're done, but still.
-- The revolution will not be televised.
bubble gum shrimp by lm (4.00 / 2) #14 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 06:34:03 AM EST
Shrimp only taste like bubblegum when they're overcooked or have been frozen. Here in the Ohio, it's rare to not get them both overcooked and frozen.

The aversion of my wife and kids, though, comes from the fact that they look like bugs.

Cicero, The Republic
The secret lives of prawns by cam (4.00 / 1) #16 Mon Aug 07, 2006 at 07:57:38 AM EST
marinate, skewer, grill lightly and feel their juice dribble down your chin when you eat them.

cam