Print Story Attention Hodnet Infidels.
You know that bit of the A53, right? You know, the straight section with a couple of summits just south of the Hodnet bypass. Single carriageway, one lane in each direction, just like all the rest of the road.

Excellent. Just to make sure we're talking about the same place, it's the summit that I slowed down for when I was last driving southbound. That was just after I'd been overtaken by the Subaru Impreza whilst I was driving at the speed limit, having been driving at the limit of distances I could see and foresee to be clear for the previous 5 miles from Loggerheads where you were following me.

You know, where immediately after that summit, we came across the fresh signs of a collision, apparently someone was hit when pulling out of a side road. No one looked badly hurt, but that Corsa without the front wheel looked a bit sad. They hadn't even got out of the car though, and it was another three miles before we saw the first ambulances and police cars coming the other way.

We'd got past that just before the bloke in the Toyota Avensis overtook me once again. It was nice to follow him onto the roundabout at the start of the Shrewsbury bypass ten miles later, then catch up with the Impreza at the next roundabout (thanks for slowing down as you came away from that roundabout. I like people to keep me on my toes. I'll make sure next time that I don't flash my brake lights at you when you're about to make a stupid overtaking manoeuvre. It is, as I realise now, a fruitless expression of aggression).

No, it's not the same part of the road where there was a sign up from the police asking for witnesses for a crash that occurred last night at 9.35pm. That's a bit further north.

Hopefully we're all clear on where we're talking about, so now I can get on to my message.

If any of you see the utter fuckwit in the red Rover Metro GTa that was attempting to overtake the 32 ton Scania tipper truck this morning at approximately 11 am while the bloke in the silver Vauxhall Vectra in front of me was in plain view for the half a mile that the driver's passing manoeuvre took, whilst safely cocooned in a Rover Metro, if any of you see him, lynch the bastard for me.

I can't believe the way people drive on intensely busy single carriageway roads, and I'm so glad it's only this week I'm driving into work from south Shropshire, which, in case you didn't know, is an intensely, intensely beautiful part of the world where I'm lucky to be arsing around. It's much nicer to be driving in tiny short gaps at 70mph like I normally do.

Even better will be when I get a job and a house which are close to each other. It feels like it's a possibility now, with two months of near complete remission from my Crohn's, and energy levels which are rating high by normal standards, instead of "can't scrape myself out of a chair".That is outside of the scope of this rant of a happy but tired person. (Well, I did sleep out of doors last night. (Sunrise was beautiful))

< Power | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Attention Hodnet Infidels. | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden)
Top news by Breaker (4.00 / 3) #1 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:07:07 AM EST
On the remission front.  Are you putting on a little weight now, then?

Yeah, by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:17:07 AM EST
that was the only interesting bit of this diary. The rest was just to stop me blowing up with pissed-offness on the way home.

Oh, and to answer the question: by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:27:17 AM EST
my weight's slap bang in the middle of healthy, and I didn't have to make too much effort to stay afloat last time I went swimming, so really I'm pretty well. It just feels great that I just think and my body does what I want it to, with nothing being a real effort.

lol car drivers by nebbish (4.00 / 3) #2 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:07:51 AM EST
Tits, the lot of em

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Me included. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:16:39 AM EST
I drive with a mixture of exhilaration, self hatred, boredom, concentration, sense of freedom and about a billion other factors.

Sometimes I drive like a tit, others sensibly.

Sometimes I arrive excitable, others stressed, but very rarely relaxed.

Also, someone had a not entirely undeserved word with my for having to brake too hard meeting him on a single track road. Mainly the problem was that my brain simply doesn't notice oncoming cars quickly enough on them, but a fair amount of the problem was me driving too fast. I felt really guilty for days.

I don't drive of course by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:29:01 AM EST
but sit there in the passenger seat. So you see, whilst drivers are tits, I'm a complete cunt.

Good news on the Crohns BTW.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

It is brilliant. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:31:54 AM EST
All with dietary treatment, too.

I think I mentioned it, but it's a liquid diet which effectively needs no enzymes to digest (raw amino acids, sugars and fats). It rocks. Apart from the taste.

Yey, A diary from you. by hulver (4.00 / 3) #3 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:08:17 AM EST
Been a while, glad you're doing a better.

There are an amazing amount of idiots on the road.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

There's plenty to put in other diaries, too. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:33:35 AM EST
And feeling well is excellent. I'm very happy.

IAWTP by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 11:04:53 AM EST
I bet the fucker had remote door locks, too.

Do not misuse.
Bastards, the lot of them. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #19 Sun Aug 06, 2006 at 06:34:36 AM EST
Mind you, my driver's side door lock has given out, so I'm thinking repairing the remote locking would be an excellent first move towards making life easier.

WIPO by Phage (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:15:30 AM EST
The advatange of the warm weather is that when you catch up to them at the next set of lights/roundabout, you can Taser the fuckers through the open window.

Hodnet by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:24:54 AM EST
Web portal for brickies.

I wouldn't have written it, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:30:09 AM EST
if there wasn't a good name to hang it on.

ERROR. by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:25:03 AM EST
THIS DIARY SHOULD BE PLACED IN THE COMMENT OF ANOTHER HuSi USER.

ERROR.

Glad your getting better.

Boring driving diary. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:29:23 AM EST
Takes away the boredom of actually doing the driving.

It is, of course, blixco stealing my account.

Interesting things may be written soon. A tex reclaim and student loan deferral really, really should be higher up the list.

WIPO (part 3): Jersey barriers by BadDoggie (4.00 / 2) #9 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 06:25:18 AM EST
Anywhere that overtaking could be dangerous gets those concrete barriers put up between the lanes to make passing impossible. It also forces drivers to slow down not only because the road is a bit narrower but also because of the clearer perception that a wrong move will result in damage.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

remission is great news (n/t) by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 08:18:34 AM EST

Crohns sucks by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 10:48:56 AM EST
coworker has it, and is still a stick person. she got down to about 90lbs before her diagnosis. and she can't eat pizza with peppers onions on it, else she spend the day in the bathroom.

so, where i'm going with this is that remission rocks, and food rocks too.
---------
Dance On, Gir!

Attention Hodnet Infidels. | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden)