Print Story Fragmented
By MissTrish (Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 04:26:23 PM EST) i'm not sure, wfc, wtf? (all tags)
My knuckle is swollen. It's the second one, the big lump where my middle finger connects with my hand.  I am a little disappointed with myself; the third knuckle, the ring finger, is swollen too. This means that I have been punching wrong. That even though the drywall gave an encouraging buckle under my fist, and there is a strange little dent in the wall where my ring tore off a bit of the paint, I hit wrong. My wrist wasn't lined up. I am pretty sure the first two shots were aligned, so that leaves the third, the angriest, as the punch I slipped on and couldn't even hit right. Especially in moments of extreme anger, a girl should be punching properly. Also, it would also seem that I am incapable of writing a coherent diary. edited

I can't talk it out, type it out. I am angry. I am sick of this crap. I am about to do something stupider than bruise my hand.

For two weeks I haven't been able to clarify. There's too much, I'm overloading. It just keeps going, one thing, one more thing, another thing, something else, things, things, things.

I am satisfying myself by listening to Tracy Bonham, Snake River Conspiracy, Veruca Salt and the Streets. Occasionally another song will intrude on the playlist. Walk Like an Egyptian, Black Steel, Smack My Bitch Up. Lovefool reduces me to tears.

Fuck this shit, back to White Zombie remixes.

[What is there to drink? Sake, white wine, and orange juice. Which has the highest alcohol content?]

I would very much like to go into the whole mess, but it is not just my mess, and I'm not really in the mood to relive it.

Now for the marginally interesting part. WFC.

I cannot explain Lather. I'm not sure where it came from, aside from a shout into the kitchen, "which is your favourite b-movie monster?" responded with "Frankenstein's monster [from here on referred to as "Frankie" outta sheer laziness and boredom with the word monster]." The italicized lines were quotes from Ed Wood, the scene from the filming of Bride of the Atom/Monster.

[Never saw Bride of the Monster, but there is a boxed set of Ed Wood movies including it at HMV for $40]

Fourth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer featured the Initiative and the Frankie-esque, Adam.

Prima Materia, or Materia Prima, is an old alchemy ingredient, the stuff of life.

Aside from that, it really just doesn't seem right to fuck with a man's pants.

< WFC goddam it! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Fragmented | 29 comments (29 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
+1 on the White Zombie mixes by greyshade (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 04:59:45 PM EST
That's some of my favorite driving music.

hugs I hope you feel better. =(

ps. find some dit da jow for bruising/swelling.

Thanks by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 05:41:58 PM EST
for the hugs. I am a little hesitant to deal with the bruising. The colours are too interesting and the gradient is actually a little attractive.

ypu're a chair
p u by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 11:06:29 PM EST
i never enjoyed the smell, or the stains, of dit da jow.

nope, but it does the job. by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #29 Sun Sep 03, 2006 at 11:18:45 AM EST
ps. Official grats should be in order by now, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm sorry you're feeling bad. by debacle (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 05:15:07 PM EST
It usually gets better.

Usually.

Who are you trying to kid by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 05:44:52 PM EST
There is no better, there are only levels of coping. Life is consistently throwing crap in the way, the trick is to manage it without hurting yourself (e.g. knuckles)

[please note the above is spewed by an intoxicated hack. -1 self-pity.]

But I appreciate the sympathy.

ypu're a chair
It always gets better by debacle (4.00 / 3) #7 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 05:56:34 PM EST
The trick is to stomp whatever life throws in your way into submission and then let it watch as you kill its wife and children.

thank you very much by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 05:54:33 PM EST
I'm going to spend the next week trying get I'm Your Boogeyman out of my head.

Aw yeah
Aw yeah
Aw yeah

My dear, by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 05:55:47 PM EST
It's always right to fuck with a man's pants. Really. Even if he's not in them.

Here's a #HUG#. Don't know what else I can do for you right now...

Of all the male articles of clothing by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 03:59:03 AM EST
I seem to have the most respect for pants. Hats, I'll steal without a moment's thought (see: my head, today); Shirts have a tendency to be too large for use, too smelly for polite company or just completely unattractive, and will often be torn apart during various circumstances; socks should be burned once they can stand on their own to prevent the formation of an army, properly ignited from a safe distance; and boxers shouldn't even be bothered with, except possibly in winter to combat the dreaded Frozen Fly.

But the time and skill that goes into a well crafted pair of pants alone engenders respect, even if it wasn't the main article of protection and style. A man will often have perhaps three pairs of carefully chosen pants on a steady rotation ranging from daily shifts to weekly. In some cases monthly. The lengths that I have witnessed men going to keep their disintegrating pants wearable for just a little longer, they're just the way I like 'em, are simply Herculean.

As such, it just doesn't seem right to fuck with a man's pants.

ypu're a chair
As you wish. But you can [redact] with mine by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 04:15:43 AM EST
anytime you like. I'm an old man and pants are more of a commodity item to me. Plus I like being without them -- except in that particular genre of dream involving work or school...

My choice would be sake. by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 07:07:30 PM EST
I hope you feel better although hole punching rage can be frighteningly liberating sometimes.

I did end up choosing sake by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #22 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 06:12:18 AM EST
but that was because I had forgotten how much I hate sake. But it did get me drunk.

ypu're a chair
The hands of someone by blixco (4.00 / 2) #10 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 03:14:50 AM EST
who punches walls in frustrated anger have a particular look to them.  Years and years later, my knuckles, especially my Fuck You Finger, are still fucked up and bigger than the rest of my hand.

My wife has bird hands, delicate and fragile.  Mine have calcium deposits and scars and twisted bits where the wall didn't give because I can be a stud finder some percentage of the time.

I have a punching bag now, though I haven't had to use it since last December.

The best thing about furiously striking something is, it's a quick and easy release with a long slow burn after, as things heal.  You get reminded how righteous or stupid your anger was.

The physics of punching things harder than a person are too difficult to maintain.  If you do need to hit a person, the only bits to remember are don't lock your wrists and do start the hit from the shoulder...this prevents over extension, puts your body close to your attacker where you can do more with less.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

They're on the way by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 03:44:38 AM EST
to the knarled beasts that speak of repressed rage. Another side effect I have noticed is the ability to crack all my knuckles just by flexing the right way, something I hadn't been able to do before my anger issues required some sort of vent.

I do not recommend getting angry in a room with three shabbily constructed dry-walls and a fourth wall that looks like dry-wall, but is in fact a brick wall cleverly disguised. Studs everywhere.

ypu're a chair
From time to time... by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 03:58:55 AM EST
I consider getting a punching bag. It took me a long time to learn how to be angry (as opposed to merely numb), but I still haven't learned how to let the anger out. It sits in my gut, smoldering, until it fades away. The days that the flames flare up, reaching the back of my throat and leaving me with the taste of impotent rage, I think a punching bag would be just the thing. I'm not sure where I'd put it, though. As for punching walls, I'm afraid that punching the plaster walls would create a House of Usher-type architectural armageddon.
Try starting by MissTrish (4.00 / 2) #14 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 04:02:44 AM EST
on closed doors. Less structural damage and you can always cover it up with a poster. And if you're renting, your landlord with be too afraid to make you fix it.

ypu're a chair
Sadly, by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 04:48:58 AM EST
ana and I own the house, so any repairs would be my responsibility. And I'd rather ana not be afraid of me. :-) Doors, though - that's a good idea.
My heavy bag by blixco (4.00 / 1) #18 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 04:53:04 AM EST
is a pedestal-type water filled punching bag.  Has this ABS plastic base that you fill with water, and a bag that slips over it.  Minus the water, it is light and fairly easy to get out of the way.  With water, it's a bit more difficult.

And it does move about the room unless you have a decent friction surface beneath it.  But the options (hanging bags, mainly) aren't as flexible.

It's better to use a bag than to break your hand, but it depends on your motivation.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

That's what ana is for by debacle (1.00 / 4) #27 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 11:38:04 AM EST
Just 'cut him off.' Your anger will dissipate quickly.

Yeah mine too. by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 04:41:25 AM EST
First 2 knuckles on my right hand are noticeably chunkier than on the left.

That said I haven't hit anything since a few months ago, but that was some chavscum who took a swing for me.

For future reference, misstrish, you should only ever aim to make contact with the first two knuckles on your hand; the pinkie and ring knuckles should be almost folded over and nicely out of the way.  There should be a straight line from the innermost bone on your arm to the index finger knuckle.  And keep the wrist straight.

the problem by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #21 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 06:07:54 AM EST
is not so much lack of knowledge as to how I should be punching, but the fact that after hours of repetition I still cannot punch properly when I am too angry to think about how lined up my wrist is.

ypu're a chair
More practice then young padawan! by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #23 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 06:25:34 AM EST
Have you calmed down yet?

The anger has subsided by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #24 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 06:48:12 AM EST
But I am left with a sick feeling in my gut reminiscent of IBS, puffy red eyes, and the fear.

Admittedly, at least two of the above can probably be attributed to a morning spent on hold with Dell tech support.

ypu're a chair
Oh dear. by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #25 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 07:02:18 AM EST
Without knowing the specifics (other than Dell tech support) it's a bit difficult to offer anything but "there, there".  Cup of tea and a biscuit?

It *will* get better. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 05:37:05 AM EST
It always does.

Faith, and the possibility of weaponized kissing?
the writing or the fist? by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #20 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 06:04:29 AM EST
intententionally obtuse

ypu're a chair
Evil grin. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #26 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 08:59:06 AM EST
Both.

I dunno if you follow my diary at all, but a while back I did enough hand-to-wall combat that my son was spackling the holes for a week.

Then I went and punched a heavy bag until all the knuckles of both hands were bloody, took weeks to heal.

But, on the bright side, I apparently landed every punch correctly....

:-/

Faith, and the possibility of weaponized kissing?

I seem to remember that.. by MissTrish (4.00 / 2) #28 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 01:38:59 PM EST
I am now seriously considering some sort of voluntary beating victim, be it a punching bag or Muay Thai clases.

I recall a time when it was my job to fill/cover/repair the fist-sized holes my brother left behind. He had managed to artfully disguise them with furniture and naked lady posters until he moved out and I got his room. It is a necessary skill to have and becomes an art after the first ten or so.

ypu're a chair