Print Story I don't speak any Spanish, but...
Furries
By MohammedNiyalSayeed (Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 06:27:24 AM EST) makin' poops, friggin' intense (all tags)

I also say "Mair-un", so it all balances out.

Le Guerré Against My Lungs

I picked up a hell of a cold, or, in the parlance of our times, hella cold, which, really, is hellappropriate for a segue at the end of this paragraph, but I am presented with the problem that, here I am, one sentence into the motherfucker, trying and failing to pull a Vollmannesque stream-of-consciousness one-sentence picture show, and I've got no goddamned idea how to turn it around other than to say the cold knocked me the fuck out, and forced me to take Monday off to go home and sleep the rest of the day; I'm a little better now, for sure, but man, did that suck some major donkey balls. Failure is a second sentence.

Le Guerré Against My Leg

I was sick, is all. Fucking sick. Then Tuesday, feeling a little better, I managed to injure myself, and bled some, which always does wonders for making you forget you're sick, right? Right. For a while. I think I need more iron in my blood. It's not quick to clot, and tastes less salty and full than usual. You have to taste it, yo. It's coming out of your leg. You clean it up, then you squeeze it, then you taste it. Besides, what else you gonna do? Just leave DNA evidence behind like that? Fool.

Le Guerré Against Leisuretime

It's all so complicated. Effort is for suckas. On the real. I hereby cordially invite anyone who wants to go, to go to see Digital Underground, September 15th, 2006, at Avalon. I'm going, regardless. One major regret I had about leaving the area the first time was that I never got to meet Greg Jacobs. No more fucking around, life is too short.

Actually, I totally disagree with that; life is entirely too long. Digression.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and not just because it's fucking walking distance from here. In fact, I may try to see them in SF this Friday, as well. I fly by the seat of my pants! I'm a crazy man! From around 6:00pm til 11:00pm on weekdays, and sometimes as late as midnight on weekends! And stuff.

Also, I want to see Little Miss Sunshine. I may do that this Saturday, in the afternoon, as, after work on Friday, I'm headed up to the city to catsit for my friend E, who gets back into town on Sunday. I've been borrowing her car this week, but other than driving from the city down to here, it's sat unused in the garage the whole time. I might take it to Target tomorrow after work to buy a broom. Then again, I might not. Six lights isn't that far to walk carrying a broom, it's not like the things weigh 75 lbs or something.

Le Guerré Against Poops

Since I was knocked the fuck out all day on Monday, I didn't manage to eat anything. This resulted in some serious water-poops the next day. I'm happy to say, though, that things are back to normal now, and the poops are rockin'. They say you can tell what a person is made of by the substance of their poops. I'm apparently made of corn.

Actually, I'm not. It was just too nasty an image to pass up. I'm sure you understand.

Le Guerré Against My Ears

The new Ratatat album, "Classics": Goddamn. Double Goddamn. Queue was right; it's like treasure. Hell, it is treasure. And just when I'd shaken "Noose"...

Also awesome: the Roots "Game Theory". And awesome, but kind of sad considering J-Dilla passed away and won't be bringing us any subsequent albums, The Shining.

But mainly Ratatat. Holy shit.

Also, could whoever broke the internet please get it fixed? That'd be great, thanks. It's seriously not my fucking day to watch it. Check the calendar, yo. Sadly, time to post this, then disappear from the network for five or six hours. Maybe I'll get a cool new injury to take pictures of! Wish me luck!

< Touch and Go 25th Anniversary | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I don't speak any Spanish, but... | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Good splash page too by cam (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 06:34:36 AM EST
nt

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

WILDCAT POWER! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 02:39:45 PM EST

Not bad for a four-legged cat, eh?

All those links look the same by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 06:43:15 AM EST
One Moment Please.

Connecting to the iTunes Music Store.

We are unable to find iTunes on your computer.
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.

We found our lone NetBSD user by cam (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 07:15:05 AM EST
For you archaic plastic-disc-wanting infidels, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 02:39:19 PM EST

Here, here, and here>.

Seriously, though, ITMS IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE.

I'm probably up for it by MM (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 12:05:18 PM EST
since it's on a Friday. And, well, it's digital underground.

Is E the owner of the joint we crashed at that one night?

E is indeed the owner by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Aug 31, 2006 at 02:32:51 PM EST

Well, the tenant, as it were. But yeah.

And hell yeah, dude. DOWN THE STREET FROM MY HOME!

Doowutchyalike by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 01:09:12 AM EST
That tune changed my life. Only a little, but it still changed my life.

Any kitty pics?

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

No kitty pics yet by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 06:38:04 AM EST

though I don't start catsitting until after work tonight, so I'm sure I'll get some eventually.

And seriously, if you get a chance, check out some of DU's (the heirs to the P-funk throne, not the autistic dude who lives in New Hampshire and posts here) later albums. Namely, "Future Rhythm" and "Who Got The Gravy?". Food fight! I'll hit you in the neck with a cheeseburger!

Recommended by 606 (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 07:06:19 AM EST
I saw Little Miss Sunshine last week, and yeah it was a damn good movie. Steve Carell can actually act. Actually, everyone does a good job acting in that movie. Even Olive, the little girl, isn't as cloying as most child actors. Go see it, it's worth full price.

Digital Underground on the 15th eh? Well, if I was in SF I'd go, but I'm not so... damn.

So is Guerré spanish? Cuz it sure as hell ain't french. I think you mean "La Guerre". Note that Guerre is a feminine term as it uses "la" instead of "le". Because war is for girly-girls.

-----
imagine dancing banana here

le Guerre is 'mnsSpanish' by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Sep 01, 2006 at 10:17:12 AM EST

But I don't think most Spanish-speaking people recognize it. Someday they'll accept my version of their language, instead of being all bigoted and shit.

Re: Lil' Miss Sunshine, I'm on it. Tomorrow afternoon.