Print Story Who the fuck wanna die for their culture?
For real, I keeps it ill like a piece of blue steel
Pointed at your temple with the intent to kill
And end your existance
Ain't no use for resistance

Hot Petabyte Action!

So we've moved about 2 petabytes of storage equipment from Donut Wheel Main Campus to Donut Wheel Offsite Datacenter. The sheer amount of data we have is staggering, particularly when coming from a 15-person operation where our total hardware inventory was the equivalent of one day's "new shit" arrivals at Donut Wheel. Multiply that times three hundred or so, and that *just* about covers the new shit, which is to say nothing of the previously-existing shit. Simply staggering. Where before management of such a collossal network seemed too complex and insurmountable, it's all making sense now. Thanks be to Allah (PBUH) for sound systems of organization. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Hot Guantanamo Bay Action!

You know, it'd be a shame if Gitmo's detainees all perished in a hurricane. Four hundred and fifty dead Islamists: a good start!

With this transfer, approximately 310 detainees have departed Guantanamo for other countries, including Albania, Afghanistan, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Maldives, Morocco, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, and Yemen.

Approximately 450 detainees remain at Guantanamo.

68 percent of our combatant prisoners have been released to other countries. Why is it that the Koslems still whine and seethe so?

Hot Dragging My Parents Screaming and Kicking Into the 21st Century Action!

My Dad just had a birthday this past week or so, for which I bought him a donutPod nano. At first, I didn't know if he'd be up for the complicated task of populating the thing with his music library, but he's all over it. My Mom came home the night he got it to find him sitting at the computer, ripping and dragging and dropping. This is huge: my Dad almost never uses the computer at home. Now, though, he's unstoppable. He loves carrying that tiny little donutPod nano around, and listens to it while he mows the lawn. Which he does an awful lot. What can I say? Some people like mowing the lawn!

Also, I am an awesome son.

Baby Puppy Mackenzie, though, has other plans for the donutPod nano. It seems she has a strong desire to eat the thing. Can't say I blame her... They are pretty cute, and pretty much bite-sized.

Hot I Was Wrong About perl Action!

I used to think perl was stupid and useless. Now I see that it is simply stupid. It's pretty useful, though, for rapid processing of syslog-ng composite files for 500+ hosts per environment. Who knew?

Hot Audrey Marie Anderson/Audrey Washington Action!

Mmmmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm. I cannot wait for season two to start up.

Hot Where The Fuck is Ellen Feiss Action!

You know, when I took this job, they promised me I'd share an office with Elite Systems Administrator/Superhottie, Ellen Feiss. I was lied to. As a result, I shall now file a grievance with the labor board of California.

Actually, my bad; they said no such thing. My former employer, however, owes me two weeks of vacation pay. They stiffed the dude who left before me, me, and the dude who left after me. At first, I was just going to leave it alone and count my proverbial blessings that at least I don't have to work for those shitheads anymore, but then I realized that since I'm in California again, it's not too much of a pain in the ass to request a hearing with the labor board, and, awesomely enough, I don't even have to hire a lawyer to do it. But I probably will.

Hot I'm the true fist of the North Star Action!

By which I mean a rapid series of links is going under this sentence. I explain that in the event you are a Fucking Retard, incapable of spotting the reference contained in the paragraph header.

Hot Me Action!

I have freckles on my head now. WTF. I miss weather. And cloud cover. I don't, however, miss the humidity. I do, though, miss la mia former barista. Speaking of which, I also miss Fritz.

Mathgeeks Defence Forces: live on KFJC sometime in November. That gives me about two months to assemble a full band. Too bad I have no idea what my friend Owen's current contact info is...

Comcast Basic Cable: Pretty lame. No news channels, no BSG, no Comedy Centraal, and not nearly enough HD content. The HD problem, though, seems to be an industry problem, not a Comcast-specific one. I checked out DirecTV's available options, and holy shit do I not want any of that. Oh, if only television programming could be purchased a la carte... Oh wait. That, combined with this, and I should be all set.

Poops have been pretty routine, though I skipped pooping on Sunday. On Monday, I pushed out about 15 feet of brown rope, which clogged the toilet at home. Good thing I bought a plunger, yo.

I am drawn to this, and may buy one. Or I may not. My boss, who is a pretty awesome dude, thinks that I should not buy a car, and that I should stay strong. On the other hand, I have this fucking garage I need to start using. My alternate (to buying and using a car) plan for garage utilization is as follows:

1. Buy some Astroturf.
  2. Get an old wooden console tv and a beer fridge.
  3. Get a shitty-looking old couch.
  4. Start hanging out with the garage door half-open, smoking reefer and drinking cheap beer, watching football games.
  5. Start a technology start-up in the garage, building some sort of electronic device that will change the world. This is Silicon Valley, after all.

Probably better to just go ahead and buy the car.

Oh, and my video game consoles arrived. There go my evenings.

Hot WTF?? Action!

Fuck Proposition 86, Fuck California's Democratic Party for supporting it. Interestingly enough, it seems that Bush is to America what Arnold is to California; the subject of obsession for Statist Apologists (note that that's the party's "blog", not even the dedicated Arnold-hatin' section of their website). I really didn't know who I would vote for Governor (I just registered last week), but I think I'll vote for Arnie, not because I necessarily support the dude, but because CA-DEM apparently can't stand him. And, quite honestly, anyone that pisses them off must be cool. Plus, you know, he's the fucking Terminator. He came from the future to save us from ourselves, hippies. You better recognize.

Hot Wrap This Bitch Up and Post It Action!

And, in benediction, I will close with a reading from the Great Prophet, Redman.

"How you dope when you payed for your billboard spot?"

Wise words for a confused world. Wise words, indeed. Amen.

< Ooops! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Who the fuck wanna die for their culture? | 58 comments (58 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
The difference between Arnold and Bush by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 12:41:48 PM EST
Arnold's businesses actually made money.

Oh, and Arnold has a three digit IQ. And probably has read a book or two.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Whatever! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:08:45 PM EST

They're both Nazis!

run this by me again by aphrael (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 12:43:49 PM EST
because i lost the plot:

310/(310+450)=.68 in what universe?

In dc by motty (4.00 / 2) #3 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 12:51:41 PM EST
dc -e '2 k 310 450 / p'

75% of people know that statistics made up to support your political point must err on the side that most supports your point.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

I'm not explaining anything by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:07:36 PM EST

until CA Dems explain to me why smokers should pay extra taxes that don't benefit them at all.

However, OMFG, I MADE A MATH ERROR! CALL THE MATH POLICE!

well by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:29:16 PM EST
the math error does sort of undermine your point.

as for the cigarette tax: i haven't read the law, i've merely skimmed it. I don't object in principle to taxes on cigarettes whose revenue are dedicated to health programs designed to treat diseases for which smoking is a factor; but I'm not going to defend the law until i've read the specifics.

Where do you stand on making registered sex offenders wear GPS monitoring devices for the rest of their life, and not letting them live in urban areas?

Crap, and I was soooooo close to persuading you! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:40:39 PM EST

I'm opposed to tax, firstly, and secondly, I'm opposed to specific taxes that target groups for paying extra, when the money will only be squandered by governmental inefficiency. Further, I don't think supporters of the law are even pretending that the money is going to anything remotely related to smoking, or problems caused by smoking. It's just another example of legislators trying to influence behavior by making things cost prohibitive, and lining their own pockets, and it's particularly offensive as it moves things away from anyone having any personal responsibility or rights concerning their own lives. If I want to smoke, it is my business. It is not the government's job to try and be my Mom; I already have one of those.

As for GPS monitoring of sex offenders, I am against it. It sounds costly, and I've got a pretty good bet who they expect to pay for that. If parents of children want to track perverts, let them do it on their own dime, allowing responsible non-overpopulating infidels to continue their lives without having to chip in more money to protect other people's kids. Which brings me back to my Campaign 2008 Motto: Don't Do The Time If You Didn't Do the Crime!

I can respect by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:44:02 PM EST
I can respect the position that specific taxes which target specific groups are a bad idea, unless that tax in some way directly benefits the people in question. (That is, gas taxes to fund road construction are ok. gas taxes to fund public transit are questionable, and gas taxes to fund stem cell research are not ok).

what i've seen of the text of the initiative is that the money will go primarily to two things:
  *  medical research targeted to smoking-related diseases
  *  anti-smoking plans.

since i haven't read it, though, i don't know how realistic it is, and whether or not i vote for the measure will depend heavily on whether the financial allocations seem legitimate or they seem  to be polite fictions.

As for the GPS monitoring thing: holy crap, we agree on something!

To save you some time by theantix (4.00 / 1) #16 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:01:27 PM EST
mns bases his public policy ideas not based on what is reasonable for society, but on what would be best for him in the immediate-term time frame.  So addressing the abstract ideas of who should and shouldn't be taxed for what purpose doesn't really matter here, just that it's a tax that he pays and doesn't like to do that no matter what else.
____________________________________
I'm sorry, but your facts disagree with my opinion.
quite possibly. by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:09:58 PM EST
doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about what's best for society.

Coincidentally, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #22 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:11:18 PM EST

What's best for me is best for society.

that's not necessarily true. by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #26 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:15:11 PM EST
If you're me, it's true by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #29 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:17:26 PM EST

And I am!

Actually, it does mean that by theantix (2.00 / 0) #36 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 03:15:20 PM EST
Discussions are two-way conversations.  :-)  I am pointing out that the what's best for society ideas are all flowing one way.  But with that in mind, be my guest I certainly won't complain.
____________________________________
I'm sorry, but your facts disagree with my opinion.
right. by garlic (4.00 / 1) #37 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 03:20:54 PM EST
they can certainly be interesting discussions with MNS, but realize that it'll only come back to haunt you when he's president.

Your words ring with the wisdom by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #41 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 04:06:30 PM EST

of a future cabinet member, good sir.

I appreciate the offer. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #52 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 06:07:57 PM EST
Now I have to decide if you're the type who would send his ministers to siberia.

dude. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:36:51 PM EST
really.  You want an answer as to why Democrats like to tax us?

Blizzard of Death '06
In Canada by 606 (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:07:43 PM EST
...that would totally make sense since because those dying smokers draw from our ssssssssocialissst healthcare insurance and we all get fucked by that. In America, I don't really understand how that tax even makes sense.

Oddly enough I agree with you. Strange days.

-----
imagine dancing banana here

The End Is Near! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:10:07 PM EST

Fortunately for Canada, your Southern Neighbor has an effective means of curing the major medical problems that afflict us all; lack of boners, lack of hair, and restless leg syndrome!

True, true... by 606 (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:14:08 PM EST
but any word on that whole "cancer" thing?

-----
imagine dancing banana here
It's waaaaaay down the list by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #28 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:17:02 PM EST

People with cancer are generally broke from all the medical bills, so they aren't very good customers. People who want boners, on the other hand...

One thing that the government over here by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #57 Fri Aug 25, 2006 at 01:17:07 AM EST
In soviet UKia likes to keep quiet is that the tax on fags earns them an outrageous amount of money.

Even when you subtract the cost of caring for smoking related illnesses.  I think I calculated that if everyone in UKia gave up smoking overnight, the government would have to put 5% on the base rate of income tax in order to cover the shortfall.

You don't need a car by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:12:25 PM EST
you need a Ural.

Nifty! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:31:44 PM EST

You're right, I do need one of those.

That's cool by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:10:21 PM EST
Curse you! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:12:17 PM EST

I had almost managed to remove that goddamn paratrooper mountain bike from my "To Get" list! Now it's back in the top 5, and I have to watch Blackhawk Down again.

hey, by garlic (2.00 / 0) #38 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 03:24:09 PM EST
that reminds me. Did you know that there are combat meteorologists? They go along with the combat air traffic controllers, and the regular paratroopers for the day before the big drop.

Indeed, I did know that by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #39 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 03:31:57 PM EST

As I have a cousin-in-law who is one. Well, was one. Last I checked, he was retiring and going into the Private Meteorology Sector, as he wanted to spend more time with his kids and wife.

pretty fucking cool, by garlic (2.00 / 0) #27 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:15:29 PM EST
and a good holdover until he can get an env

Arghhh! Curse you, too! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #31 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:22:34 PM EST

Again, with the "stuff I wanted, then almost forgot about, but now find myself needing again"... I guess I do have a surplus of expendable cash, so I suppose it's my duty to keep the e-conomy afloat.

re's by MM (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:31:32 PM EST
Slashdot: uh, that is part of the demographic that Clinton decided the Democrats should go after. We can see how well that strategy worked out as all the poor folks now vote for the New Age Ultra Robber Barrons.

Comcast basic cable: I have all the channels you are looking for, other than skinemax, playboy, and such. Are you using a cable box? If so, take it out. If that doesn't work, maybe they bothered to put an old fashioned analogue filter on your line. If you feel like being an 31337 hax0r, you could go remove it yourself if you know where it's located.

Or maybe there is some high tech cable system in your building. In which case you're screwed.

Proposition 86: Well whatever, +1 on prop 87.

Slashbots: retarded by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:48:14 PM EST

Kosmonauts: retarded.

It's a match made in heaven.

As for cable, nope, no cable box... I'll see if I can't slide a credit card through the lock downstairs where all the cables come in. Or just pull really hard. Or I could just not watch much tv, which would probably be for the best.

I'm not sure I'm for prop 87; sounds to me like more "HEY LETS TAKE THE MONEY FROM THE RICH, THEN REPLACE OIL WITH OTHER ENERGY FORMSWASTE IT ALL LIKE WE ALWAYS DO!"

The responsibility for not using more oil is entirely on the citizens, as far as I'm concerned, and if they can't get it straightened out before we all run out then have to live like barbarians, well, fuck them. They get what they get.

I dunno man by MM (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:51:12 PM EST
some nights you just gotta watch BSG before it's up on the torrents.

That's why baby jebus invented the UK by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #46 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 04:14:34 PM EST

For early BSG delivery, yo.

so like by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #47 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 04:35:18 PM EST
Digital Underground, down the street from here by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #51 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 05:09:22 PM EST

at Avalon, 9/15/2006. They're un-broke-up, and I am fucking GEEKED. The records they put out after getting dropped like a hot potato are works of ART, amongst such peers as "J Beez Wit The Remedy".

Plus, walking distance.

Wait I'm confused again by johnny (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 01:59:20 PM EST
Is there more of a statist than Bush? No? Didn't think so. (Cheney doesn't count: ventriloquist-dummy identity theorem.) So why is he a magnet for statist apologists? I guess I missed that because I don't have television.

When you mention David Mamet, I think you might mention hot Rebecca Pidgeon action.  Would that not be in order?

Glad to see you giving props to KFJC! Hope you make it on the air there, so I can welcome you to the club!

Funny about that thing on Nantucket where the uptight NPR set failed to get the jokes. Katz should have come here to Martha's Vineyard: we would have got 'em.  Or as we like to say around here, Nantucket sucks.

False Dichotomy Alert! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:08:58 PM EST

Bush being a Statist doesn't mean anyone should support the Democratic Party. I've said a million times that the "two" parties in the US are the same party. This fact was gaining some traction before the Democrats capitalized on Bush Dysmorphic Syndrome, convincing everyone that if they didn't like Bush, it was somehow their duty to support Democratic candidates.

I had no idea who Rebecca Pidgeon was until I google image searched her, and, while I know nothing about her except what she looks like now, I must say, aside from her hair being too long, she's a cutie.

KFJC is pretty cool for a radio station. I like the freeform programming. It is, after all, how people actually listen to music; only one-dimensional humans stick to one genre, after all. The only reason I'm up for playing there is because my friend who DJs on Saturdays (and has for years and years now) insists that I should. Radio, though, is in it's dying era. Good riddance to the medium, as a whole.

And, in summary, DEATH TO NANTUCKET! UP WITH ANYONE WHO APPRECIATES THE GENIUS OF JONATHAN KATZ!

Which DJ? by johnny (2.00 / 0) #32 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:28:54 PM EST
I have been a KFJC addict for a super long time. In fact back in the dark old days when I spent half my life in at the Woodfin Suites, I kept a boombox there because just to listen to it. Your friend wouldn't be Robert Emmet? I like radio, actually.  Not only do I get my Red Sox games in the format I most prefer, but also I have my computer which gives me access to KFJC and lots more like it.

Rebecca Pidgeon is in many Mamet movies, usually playing a variation on the theme of super-smart, super-sexy and super-cynical broad that will let you fall in love with her because it suits her purposes, and then rip your heart out casually with one hand while she's doing something like folding socks or doing he crossword with the other.  As in, Spanish Prisoner. As in, Heist.

The class war is over on Nantucket, and the rich won. All the middle class have basically been forced off the island.  Which is why the Islands Cup (for the annual football game) is totally 0wnzrd by the Vineyard. For decades it was a close thing. Now in alternate years Nantucket sends its boys over here to get they asses stomped, or else we send our boys over their for the ass-stompin.

And in closing, my favorite Dr. Katz episode was when his receptionist and his son got into a heated argument over which of them was the more Feng Shui.

Nozmo King is the dude by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #45 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 04:14:13 PM EST

I've known him since nm-list days, back before TEH WEBS ruined networking for everyone. As for radio, like it or not, it certainly seems to be on it's way out. I don't doubt that there are good radio stations out there, but with every passing day Clear Channel buys more and more of them, and squeezes anything interesting out of them as it kludges them into one Monostation with distributed call signs.

Also, GO VINYARD, IT'S YER BIRFDAY, YOU GON' PARTY LIKE IT'S YER BIRFDAY.

OK, gotta go add some Mamet movies to the Netflix Queue.

Monostation by johnny (2.00 / 0) #48 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 04:40:42 PM EST
You say the true thing about that.  I only listen to commercial radio for Red Sox baseball. Other than that I do college stations, which are legion. Also, non USian radio. I'm talking about listening on my CPU-enabled device, natch.  As for radio like you get in the car, on a radio-radio, it's hardly worth it, you're right.  Although here on the Vineyard there is one local privately owned station and one 2 NPR stations, so not too bad.

I like your friend's show.

I gave props to KFJC in my famous novel, and since then they've read it on the air, and also good portions of Cheap Complex Devices, and also various DJs have interviewed me.  So it's a mutual love fest in other words.

Vehicles by 606 (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:12:39 PM EST
I finally gave up and bought a vehicle, and I'm quite happy with it. On the other hand I bought a nice, environmentally friendly 2005 Ford Focus that, like, doesn't use as much gas or something. Whatever. The FJ does look pretty cool, but really, how often do you plan to transport 7 people around, or a half ton of crap in the back of your vehicle? I suppose it would make the lefties angry, so there ya go.

Small cars are lighter and can accelerate more quickly than big honkin' SUVs. Remember that.

-----
imagine dancing banana here

For the transport of half a ton of crap, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #30 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:21:06 PM EST

I expect I'd need it about three times a week. But moving seven people around? Not so often.

What I'm thinking is that if I mount a 50 cal cannon on top of the thing, I can move past all the small cars I come across.

s/past/through/ by 606 (2.00 / 0) #35 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 03:02:15 PM EST
[nt]

-----
imagine dancing banana here
dude by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #33 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:36:20 PM EST
I would so want to see you a)sue your former employer and b)get the FJ.
That's the beauty of it by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #43 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 04:10:07 PM EST

If I had to actually go through the lawsuit process, myself, I'd skip it. There are more effective means of "justice assurance", as it were. Like, say, punching the CEO in the gut. Out of the blue. However, since the State of Cullifornia is willing to do all the hard work, I'm all over it.

And yes, yes, the FJ is pretty nifty. Lots of legroom, easy-to-hose-out back section (you have no idea how hard it is to get bloodstains out of a the carpet in a trunk!), and, best of all, CRAZY OLD-SCHOOL HEADLIGHTS, YO!

tv cops aren't real, by garlic (2.00 / 0) #53 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 06:10:48 PM EST
but don't go assuming you can hose all the blood out only to get caught by those pesky kids.

FJ Cruisers are kinda funny looking in the flesh by cam (2.00 / 0) #34 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 02:50:40 PM EST
They should be really cool, the old Toyota 4WDs were, but this one, something just isn't right. That being said; I am sure you could make them right with roo-bars, spotties, rally lights and fishing rod tubes off it.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

They look less funny than the RAV4 by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #42 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 04:07:30 PM EST

They seem to be all over the place in NorCal, but you're right, I'd definitely need to add all sorts of anti-kangaroo equipment to it if I bought it.

You still looking at Range Rover's by cam (2.00 / 0) #54 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 06:16:15 PM EST
and Benz 4WD's? Do the roofs come off the FJ Cruisers? I think it is that curve on the back of the roof that makes them look odd from the side. From the front and rear they are good looking tough vehicles.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

The FJ windshield sucks ass by theboz (2.00 / 0) #55 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 06:38:19 PM EST
I test drove one and hated it. My 4Runner doesn't have all that great visibility either, but the FJ is worse. Prior to test driving it I thought it was awesome, but now it's just aweso.
- - - - -
The average American is dying for his culture by lm (2.00 / 0) #40 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 03:36:43 PM EST
Between McDonalds, Phillip Morris and Ford, the average citizen of the US dies far earlier than he ought to.

Cicero, The Republic
For odd definitions of 'ought to' by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #44 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 04:11:06 PM EST

My inner misanthrope has a different definition, by which our death rate and average death age are way too low and way too high, respectively.

And you're claiming your views are normal? by lm (2.00 / 0) #49 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 04:46:46 PM EST
Seems to me that your views are a statistical anomaly.

But the `ought' I'm presenting is entirely based on biology, not on any value judgement of human life.

Cicero, The Republic
My views are the only views I've lived with by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #50 Thu Aug 24, 2006 at 05:07:09 PM EST

So they are normal. And, of course, everyone else just needs to get adjusted to them. Sooner, or later.

NICE LOOKING WOMAN by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #56 Fri Aug 25, 2006 at 12:22:11 AM EST
Glad your old man enjoys his iPod. My sister got my dad a digital radio for his birthday and he's the same with that in the garden - though he's more of a growing vegetables person than a mowing the lawn person.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Parents: more advanced then previously thought! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #58 Fri Aug 25, 2006 at 05:32:20 AM EST

And yes, indeed, Audrey Marie Anderson is one very nice looking woman. The Internet should really have more pictures of her than it does. Particularly more pictures of her looking like herself, rather than the in-character shots from "The Unit" in which she has a bad haircut.