Print Story My cat died today
Death
By yankeehack (Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 02:19:42 PM EST) my cat died today (all tags)
He was my cat when I was in high school.

My Mom called me at work to tell me.

He was a replacement cat for the cat who grew up with me passed away after a long life of being harassed by me and my siblings. So, one day I was picked up after marching band practice as a junior in HS by my folks who told me they got a kitten for me. They let me name him and the first night I got him, I stayed in (despite the protests of my then boyfriend) - and let the kitten sleep with me. The kitten then returned the favor by puking kitten chow on my pillow, but I kept him. Eventually I got wise and dumped the boyfriend and replaced the boyfriend's picture with the kitten's picture in my little heart shaped picture frame I kept on my dresser.

He (the kitten) had three legs (lost one to a bizarre injury that made him lose use of that leg. We could never figure out what exactly happened - and it had to be amputated.) and would nip you if you petted him in the wrong place (LO did not like that at all) and he walked around with tufts of fur jutting out these past few years and he remained a puker.

He also managed to roam a quarter mile away from home quite regularly and would catch small animals as well as the other cats in the household with four legs.

He at least died in his sleep. He was almost 16 years old and an outdoor cat to boot. Goodbye kitty. You will be missed.

< West Coast Booty Call | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
My cat died today | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I'm so sorry. :-( by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 02:27:17 PM EST
I'm glad he had a full and happy life, but it's so incredibly sad for those left behind.
Continue to lean until you feel gravity threatening to discipline you for being stupid. - CRwM
Sorry to hear it. by ana (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 02:56:11 PM EST
:-(

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

:( by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 03:33:01 PM EST

:( that sucks :( by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 04:02:03 PM EST
At least he lived a long and happy cat-life.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
A toast for absent friends. by greyrat (4.00 / 3) #5 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 04:17:51 PM EST
Well -- any excuse to have a drink.

Knew a cat once with three legs by MissTrish (4.00 / 2) #6 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 05:00:56 PM EST
went by the name of "Tripod."

We'll pour an ounce on the curb for a lost kititten tonight.

ypu're a chair
My parent's cat, Muffin by MartiniPhilosopher (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 05:40:41 PM EST
turns twenty years old in another month. She has outlasted several of her kittens and seems to spends most of her days in what must be the cat equivalent of dementia. Crying for no reason. Looking for things which aren't there. Until somebody says something or picks her up, that is. My parents keep expecting to get up one morning to find her having passed in her sleep, but nope, there she is waiting by the food dishes for breakfast.

The cat has been around since I was 9.

I will not be happy, but then again given her age, I will not be unhappy either.

Why do moms do that? by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #8 Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 07:34:15 PM EST
Who wants more bad news at work?

Sorry 'bout kitty. :(

Aw, poor thing :( by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 12:51:42 AM EST
My condolences; I have two cats myself, and am not looking forward to the inevitable (although they're both young, so hopefully it's a long way off still).

One of my two had kittens before we had her done (yes, our bad). She had 5, all of which died over the following couple of days. That was heartbreaking; I can only imagine how it would feel to lose a cat that age.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

Sorry to hear that by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 04:04:12 AM EST

peace by joh3n (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 04:52:37 AM EST

----
I am a crime against humanity
-theantix

i like kittens by fleece (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 05:45:52 AM EST
but i think everyone has kind of figured that out

Sorry to hear that by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 05:57:42 PM EST
We have three cats. I don't want to think about losing any of them, but I know it will happen eventually.

Best wishes.

*Hugs* by Mrs FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 06:09:07 PM EST
Sorry to hear about your kitty. As FT said, we have 3 & even though they sometimes drive us crazy, it will be sad when they are no longer here to do that.

Best Wishes.

Belated sorry by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Aug 15, 2006 at 04:49:45 AM EST
My cat gets an extra big hug tonight, even if it does mean the bad tempered little shit scratches me.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

My cat died today | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback