Print Story Sadness
By riceowlguy (Tue Aug 01, 2006 at 05:34:21 AM EST) (all tags)
Yesterday I heard than an ex of mine is dead.

Her name was Sarah.  She was killed last week in a car crash.  I won't euphemise it by saying "passed away" because a) I don't think that should apply to accidental deaths and b) I don't think it should apply to somebody my own age.

She had bad luck with vehicles, apparently.  I remember a rough night of trying to console her after she got rear-ended by some drunk asshole on Kirby, totaling her first car.  Heap of junk, but she loved it.

We hadn't talked in years, so I can't say this has a huge impact on me.  I always wished her the best, though, even though we weren't really compatible people and fought more often than not.  The people I've talked to about it so far have said "I'm sorry" and I've said "don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for her, and her family, and her close friends."  So, you do the same.

It's rough to know that somebody your age, from your class at school, is gone now...ended, vanished.  Because of something that was probably nobody's fault (I have no details about what exactly happened).

Goodbye.

< Car Interrupted | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Sadness | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
It's a horrible thing to happen. by toxicfur (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue Aug 01, 2006 at 06:15:59 AM EST
I do feel sympathy for her family and friends. And for you, too. When I was in high school, I found out that my first "real" boyfriend (who I dated a for only a few months) was killed in a plane crash (single-engine thing he was flying). He and I had been out of touch for a couple of years at that point, and I didn't feel particularly sad, but there was a strange emptiness. And a feeling that the accident just shouldn't have happened, especially to someone who was 19 and had an entire life still to live.
Continue to lean until you feel gravity threatening to discipline you for being stupid. - CRwM
Yikes by jacob (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Aug 01, 2006 at 06:55:44 AM EST
That's terrible.

That's a rough damn thing by blixco (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Aug 01, 2006 at 07:14:39 AM EST
to deal with, and one we'll have to get more and more used to as the years pass.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
i know what you mean by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Aug 01, 2006 at 08:45:16 AM EST
a few years ago, one of the ex's kung fu brother's fiancee was hit by a car and killed while she was out walking her dog (you may have heard of it - it was the red-headed teacher who was killed 2 years ago).

she and i were very well acquainted, but not what i'd call friends (yet - had she lived, and i stayed married i'm sure we would have) but it really hurt a lot.  she was young and had everything going for her, and all it took was a drugged up teenager racing to get her parents' car home before it was noticed missing to end all that.

very sad.

loss by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Aug 02, 2006 at 06:10:53 PM EST
my best friend from when i lived in madison (we went to high school together, but werent close then) died last year, after she'd moved and i lost track of her. i miss her.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Sorry to hear that. [n/t] by Y (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Aug 03, 2006 at 09:31:51 AM EST

Sadness | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback