Print Story Some observations
By Merekat (Tue Jul 04, 2006 at 03:16:10 AM EST) (all tags)
Of little consequence

Someone is writing the word 'grift' in a variety of graffiti styles all the way from Howth to Greystones and on the western commuter line too. My favourite is the one between Drumcondra and Connolly with Bart Simpson in it.

Leaning on the pole on the train is very rude. At least six people could stand there and not fall over if you weren't doing that, so I reserve the right to dig my nuckles into your back and smile sweetly at your dirty look.

Every time I eat I feel sick. I like food. This is horrid.

I still haven't got my results. I don't yet know if they are really due in the next two weeks or if I have been a victim of industrial action. In a peculiar form of torture, last week, they replaced the holding message on my student homepage with red letters saying results are not yet available. Damn them.

Relative humidity is 71 and the weather is overcast. I would like a fresh breeze and a little sun.

Our knifethrowing neighbours have developed more advanced weaponry and increased accuracy - that shed door is really suffering. They look silly doing it while wearing suits though.

My first conversation this morning:
"Ciao bella. Espresso?"
"Si, grazie"
"Prego"
It is probably the last one that has gone the way it should.

< Foxy's | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Some observations | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I got a letter from the OU by MrPlough (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jul 04, 2006 at 03:20:18 AM EST
I am a victim of industrial action. Since I (a) work as a lecturer part of the time and (b) have long since given up on the notion that having a piece of paper saying I'm qualified in technology management really means anything, I'm not too worried.
No work.
oh by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jul 04, 2006 at 03:23:48 AM EST
Technology management. That's the one I decided not to do. A bit too much bleeding of work into hobby, I thought.

What I'm really waiting for is to find out if I can book a graduation for London in September and therefore buy someone who has had a starring role in the dissertation some beer:)

Fair enough. by MrPlough (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jul 04, 2006 at 05:28:15 AM EST
I decided to do it as I felt the brain was getting a bit rusty. It actually felt rustier afterwards. I actually found it pretty tough going studying a "wooly" subject after years of maths and physics, but I did pretty well in most of my TMAs. I've done enough for the postgrad cert, and probably won't do any more - not for a while anyway.
No work.
knifethrowing neighbours by martingale (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jul 04, 2006 at 04:09:41 AM EST
In suits? Do they have deep conversations about Le Big Mac?

"Allora, sei singola?"
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$

what is by garlic (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jul 04, 2006 at 06:40:13 AM EST
"industrial action?"

a euphemism by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Jul 04, 2006 at 06:47:21 AM EST
For a strike. In this particular case, submitted work has not been graded in some circumstances.

Identically equal by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jul 05, 2006 at 05:20:56 AM EST
To industrial inaction.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
Some observations | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback