Print Story Lunch with your best pal
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 08:28:26 AM EST) All this and much much more!! (all tags)
The B.A.D.TM

Bagging your groceries since 1975...

I'm eating a "bowl" of chicken noodle soup right now. It's actually not a bowl, but rather a cylindrical-ish styrofoam tub of chicken noodle soup. The soup is pretty good, big chunky noodles and a generous portion of chicken-chunks. It's a prelude to a side salad which I'll get to later.

In local news the big-time free agent signing by the Clevia Browns, LeCharles Bentley (I'm not kidding, that's really his name) broke his knee on the FIRST play of the FIRST practise of the year. This is par for the course in Clevia, actually, and we, collectively, EXPECT stuff like this to happen. In fact it's like we've got the Battered Wife Syndrome, because our sports teams continue to fail us year after year after year and we always think "That's okay, We'll get em next year!!" Until next year comes and of course it turns out to be just like last year. Rinse later repeat.

I'm onto the salad right now. I took a phone call in the meantime from my friend Ed. That's his real name, by the way, when your name is Ed there's no need for obfuscation. But I digress. Oh yeah, the side salad. It's in a clear plastic box, and it's got cucumbers and cheese and olives and cherry-tomatoes in it. Plus I've got it slathered up with French1 dressing. It's quite good and it's actually a precursor to some rigatoni stuff. I'll get to that later.

Another phone call. The receptionist lady downstairs, Cindy (that's not really her name) called to make fun of these scam artist people who call and ask for information on our copier, pretending they work for the company who has your service contract, then they send you crap and bill you for it in the hopes that you'll just pay! Why don't these people put there energies to good use, instead of evil?

I'm on to the rigatoni now. Yes, this is a metric fuckload of food, but I won't be eating dinner until around 9:00 tonight so I need lots of food to tide me over. Plus I'm still a damn pig.

The rigatoni is in this oval shaped plastic tub, with a tonne of sauce over the top of it and some optional cheese (I'm passing on the cheese) that they want you to sprinkle over the top of it. It's not the best, I mean, it's just little hunks of boiled pasta, but it's filling and doesn't taste too bad.

So, how about that weather, eh? Yeah, it sure was rainy last night. We had monsoon type rain with flooding and all the crap that goes along with it. Of course I live on the 35th floor of the YMCA Rehab Centre so it can rain for a month and I couldn't give a crap. But I guess all the people who have houses with basements aren't real happy right now. Hmpf.

Right. All done with the rigatoni. Shew. I'm stuffed like, like, uh, I'm stuffed.

[1] - The refreshing salad topping, not the cheese eating surrender monkeys

< Don't Eat Stuff Off the Sidewalk | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Lunch with your best pal | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Could be worse Bob, by sasquatchan (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 08:49:06 AM EST
you could also have half your team facing jail time, like that other o-HI-o team.

Thanks Bro by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 08:59:08 AM EST
Thanks for talking me down from the ledge.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

talk about a battered wife by alprazolam (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 08:49:09 AM EST
try being a lions fans...some of them honestly believe the lions have a chance to win their division this year.

tough news about bentley though i thought cleveland was making good progress...at least you guys have a legit nfl coach (imo anyway).

Yeah by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 08:58:03 AM EST
We should still be better, but this is a crushing blow. Crushing.

re Detroit Lions: Ever since Barry Sanders retired there really hasn't been much to get excited about. At least Detroit has the Tigres to root for this year. Those bastards just refuse to die.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

die? by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 10:35:41 AM EST
they're woopin ass, i'm not worried about dieing. especially now that they beat the sox, maybe they'll get the confidence to be able to beat the sox & yankees in the playoffs. hey if leyland can get the marlins there, well why not the series? i'm not going to be all pissed if they lose or anything but heck why not be optimistic. especially considering the pistons lost to miami and then lost ben and the redwings are apparently in need of a retooling.

but yea it's been all downhill since barry left and imo that's just karma...they should have never disrespected one of the most genuine hardworking straightlaced guy who ever played sports. it's funny i can actually remember being excited about them drafting mike williams, now i can see him never playing another down in the league. freaking arrogant jerks.

i have pasta salad by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 09:24:28 AM EST
mmmm.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Mmmmm Indeed. by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 09:41:20 AM EST
Sadly the worst part of eating a tub of pasta for lunch is you want to go nappy-by at about 2:41 in the afternoon.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Maybe you were being ironic by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 09:43:05 AM EST
but I think you are supposed to lather before you rinse.

That's what the Man tells me to do, anyway.

No, you're right by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 09:45:06 AM EST
It looks like I typo'd lather too.

I really long for the days when we could edit our diaries and fix our mistakes.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Soup in a styrofoam container by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jul 31, 2006 at 01:24:52 AM EST
I don't like the way it feels when your spoon scrapes on the container. Sets my teeth on edge.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Lunch with your best pal | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback