Print Story Far Be It From Me Not To Jump On A Meme...
By atreides (Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 04:27:13 AM EST) (all tags)
But this one had to wait a whole day to be right and proper.

Five years ago today, I made my first diary/weblog entry.

What a momentous occasion, if I do say so myself. If you had told me that I'd have gone to a myriad of states and 2 other countries because of this little bit of type, I wouldn't have believed you. But there it is in all it's humbly portentous glory. Or some kind of crap like that.

< Hot Chinese birds | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Far Be It From Me Not To Jump On A Meme... | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I had to mail myself by blixco (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 04:41:01 AM EST
a password to get back on, but apparently my first "diary" was a crappy 3 line MLP in November of 2000.

My first real diary where the account was just me happened after months off, post 9/11.  It is http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/5/29/104715/152 and sounds like the old me, that's for sure.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

I met you by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 06:39:03 AM EST
in your 2002 diaries.

That's true. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 06:53:06 AM EST
There was much good about the discussions then.  My writing though...so over the top it hurts to see!

---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

It's not without a certain amount of irony... by debacle (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 11:08:09 AM EST
You sound like kitten.

Right now? by blixco (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 11:25:11 AM EST
Or back then?

Either way....er....meh?
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

Back then by debacle (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 11:27:50 AM EST
er...meh indeed.

The funny thing I just noticed... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 08:12:36 AM EST
...is that someone actually welcomed me to K5! Wow! Those were the days!

Have you seen The Passion yet? Here's a spoiler for you: Jesus dies.
"...compassion is more than a 16 point word in scrabble." - MostlyHarmless

Hey now by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 05:21:15 AM EST
if you're following the meme you should also be apologizing. Geeze. Did you see the memo about this ?

Sorry about that ... by BlueOregon (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 05:27:40 AM EST

... I didn't follow that meme, either.

I'm Benevolent Tyrant of Earth... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 05:41:10 AM EST
...therefore I apologize for nothing.

Also, I'm in love and love means having to say you're sorry several times a day, but only to the Tyraness Apparent.

Have you seen The Passion yet? Here's a spoiler for you: Jesus dies.
"...compassion is more than a 16 point word in scrabble." - MostlyHarmless

It will be five years for me by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 07:45:21 AM EST
next year ; p. Yeah, I like the way your meme works.

Looks like I had all my k5 diaries wiped. by calla (2.00 / 0) #12 Sat Jul 29, 2006 at 09:22:07 AM EST
my first diary was December 2002. haflinger was the one that introduced me to the site. I read cicero's diaries for months before I actually wrote my own.

"but i have a vested interest in keeping the people who see me naked interested in continuing to see me naked." 256