- Cheap thrills: Kid style
- Took spouse and spawn out for ice cream at Baskin-Robins last night. They carry something called "clown cones", which a scoop of ice cream in a bowl, with face made of candy and a sugar cone on top for a hat. I didn't point out the obvious stereotyping of clowns. Lots of fun.
- Cheap thrills: Parent style
- Also, note to self: when ordering an iced cappucino drink thingy at Baskin-Robbins at 9:30 PM, and they're out of decaf, PULL UP! PULL UP! IT'S A TRAP!!! I spent an hour between 1:30 and 2:30 AM obsessively searching for my copy of "Gravity's Rainbow". Then the neighbor's god started barking at 4:00, and I figured out that it was because our cat was trying to get in. By 5:00, I was all ready to sleep. Yay.
- Cheap thrills: Debian style
apt-get install chameleon-cursor-theme
Holy transparent animated cursors with 3D shadows, Batman! Now you'll never buy Viagra again!
- Cheap thrills: guitar style
- There's a fingerpickin' exercise I've been working on, and I finally started to feel like I had the hang of it. So I put on the CD that came with the book I'm working out of, and listened to it. Sure enough, I had it, more or less. Then I noticed that the track I was listening to was labeled "Slow version". So I found the full-tempo version later on the disc. It's 3 times as fast as the slow version. No wonder it sounds so boring when I play it.
- Cheap thrills: Plone style
I'm working on developing a portal thingy at work, and I'm using Plone to do it. So far, the experience has been very mixed: the core components are solid, with no problems aside from being dog-slow (at least, dog-slow when being run on my desktop system, sharing memory and CPU with Firefox, XEmacs, rhythmbox, Apache, cups, and a bunch of other stuff). But trying to get everything working JUST RIGHT takes actual work. Like, stuff that should go into CVS. Not so fun. But hey! At least I've got spiffy animated tabs!
|< Fried Squirrel | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|