In other news, I have to get tickets to the Guster show at the Zoo.
Last week our CIO was promoted to Visitor, but not without a last minute attempt to take my boss out with him. The CIO, who I'll refer to as Pie because of his unnatural love for baked goods, was brought in to manage a massive system upgrade. But soon after he took over, the project stagnated and was put on hold as new strategies were explored.
Pie had one job and he blew it. So instead of righting the project and getting it on track, he decides my boss, who has very little to do with the project, is the source of all his troubles. From what I've pieced together, Pie more than likely made a deal with another employee, known henceforth as Suckass, to make him the head of my department if he could help Pie get her terminated. Suckass went around soliciting dirt on my boss and ended up trying to make it look like she was having an affair with a subordinate, eventually slipping an anonymous note under Pie's door. This note was passed on to HR and was promptly discarded because the head of HR could not stand Pie.
Now Suckass may very well be out of a job as his Hail Mary ploy angered the remaining directors and the only person protecting him is no longer welcome on the grounds. I can't say I'd feel too sorry for him if the ax comes down.
American Community Survey?
The Census Bureau decided to include my address in a random survey that includes filling out several pages of personal information and determining amounts of money spent on utilities and how much my place is worth. Nuts to that. If I wanted to fill out pages of government forms, I'd just pay my taxes.
For the record
- This is like the eighth diary I've started in the past month, yet I've ended up accidentally deleting each prior diary.
- KFC's Stacker Bowls are the best fast food meal since the McMuffin.
- There is a place in Toledo that serves fresh oysters, and that place is Bluepoint Fish Club.
- I went on a chick-like shopping spree at the new IKEA store in Canton, Michigan.
- The new, authentic Irish pub downtown has yet to open.
- No longer do I live within walking distance of Brian Peppers. He moved to Whitehouse, OH.
- I didn't think Lance Bass was gay, I always assumed he was mentally retarded.
|< Humidity makes my brain slow | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|