Print Story Sometimes this town rocks
By thenick (Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 12:02:55 PM EST) Fort Wayne, Brian Peppers, Death, Taxes, Census Forms (all tags)
Has your city ever provided a police escort to the edge of town for Ashlee Simpson's tour bus because of multiple threats of violence? I think not. Suck it, Fort Wayne!

She sold ~2,500 tickets at $43 & $33, but decided she was too sick to perform. Holy crap, who's paying $43 to see Ashlee Simpson? Throw in the Ticketmaster charge and that's north of $50 to see a marginally-talented sister of Jessica Simpson.

In other news, I have to get tickets to the Guster show at the Zoo.

Work Stuff

Last week our CIO was promoted to Visitor, but not without a last minute attempt to take my boss out with him. The CIO, who I'll refer to as Pie because of his unnatural love for baked goods, was brought in to manage a massive system upgrade. But soon after he took over, the project stagnated and was put on hold as new strategies were explored.

Pie had one job and he blew it. So instead of righting the project and getting it on track, he decides my boss, who has very little to do with the project, is the source of all his troubles. From what I've pieced together, Pie more than likely made a deal with another employee, known henceforth as Suckass, to make him the head of my department if he could help Pie get her terminated. Suckass went around soliciting dirt on my boss and ended up trying to make it look like she was having an affair with a subordinate, eventually slipping an anonymous note under Pie's door. This note was passed on to HR and was promptly discarded because the head of HR could not stand Pie.

Now Suckass may very well be out of a job as his Hail Mary ploy angered the remaining directors and the only person protecting him is no longer welcome on the grounds. I can't say I'd feel too sorry for him if the ax comes down.

American Community Survey?

The Census Bureau decided to include my address in a random survey that includes filling out several pages of personal information and determining amounts of money spent on utilities and how much my place is worth. Nuts to that. If I wanted to fill out pages of government forms, I'd just pay my taxes.

For the record

• This is like the eighth diary I've started in the past month, yet I've ended up accidentally deleting each prior diary.
  • KFC's Stacker Bowls are the best fast food meal since the McMuffin.
  • There is a place in Toledo that serves fresh oysters, and that place is Bluepoint Fish Club.
  • I went on a chick-like shopping spree at the new IKEA store in Canton, Michigan.
  • The new, authentic Irish pub downtown has yet to open.
  • No longer do I live within walking distance of Brian Peppers. He moved to Whitehouse, OH.
  • I didn't think Lance Bass was gay, I always assumed he was mentally retarded.
< Humidity makes my brain slow | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Sometimes this town rocks | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
you're the first person by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 12:14:49 PM EST
i've seen that had anything positive to say about the stacker thing. they look horribly disgusting to me, but that's to be expected.

You're missing out by thenick (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 03:19:10 PM EST
Yeah, after downing one I kind of feel the urge to throw up, but man, they taste great going down. I had the mash potato bowl and it was similar to eating one of their value meals if it had fallen over on the way home. The concept isn't all that gross when you consider each individual bite is going to the same place anyways.

----------------------------

"'Vengence is Mine', quoth Alvis. And then he shot the guy, right in the freaking face!"

Ashlee Simpson by debacle (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 12:46:43 PM EST
Too sick to sing?

lolwhat? That's what the lyp syncing is for.

Yeah, she was sick by thenick (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 03:07:12 PM EST
So sick that an employee of the Hilton saw her rollerskating in the hallway while wasted the night before the cancelled concert.

----------------------------

So, from all this, I'm gathering by debacle (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 03:21:30 PM EST
That you're pretty pissed because you had seats to this thing?

Yeah, front row and everything by thenick (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 02:31:30 PM EST
And it's way too late to get the same seats at her concert up in Detroit.

I mean... Aw fuck.

----------------------------

KFC bowls by MM (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 02:05:56 PM EST
I had one for lunch today. They are definitely the best piece of disgusting American fast food to come along in a long time. "Hey lets throw all our slop into a bowl and sell it."

Ikea - I'll be dropping about 300 bucks there next week.

That's why I love Yum Foods by thenick (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 03:13:52 PM EST
They're like the fast food equivilent of professional Lego builders. They take a set number of semi-edible ingredients and container shapes, then build a completely unique menu item out of the standard parts. Yum Foods is to the fast food industry as Eli Whitney was to rifle manufacturing.

----------------------------

buying a desk? by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 05:11:05 PM EST
or perhaps a leather chair?

well by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 05:53:43 PM EST
a sitting chair with footrest, and a cheap coffee table and end table.

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

You are a God-damned liar. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 07:28:33 PM EST
There is no such thing as an unnatural love for baked goods.

The man was the size of a Geo Metro by thenick (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 02:33:22 PM EST
That's pretty unnatural. Anytime I can throw a orange at someone and it enters a non-deteriorating orbit around their mid section, they might want to cut down on baked goods.

----------------------------

I'm the size of a Fiat Panda. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 06:25:52 PM EST
As the good Lord intended.

Sometimes this town rocks | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback