Print Story Fuckit bollocksycows
By Dr Thrustgood (Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 05:47:18 AM EST) fun loving cowmaids (all tags)
Bastard bloody Tuesdaynight drinkages.

Poll: Midweek drinking

Arses, accidentally got pissed as a fart tonight, pissed enough that when I got home, I went into "Feh, I'm not that drunk" mode and managed to not down water before bed.

Combined Guinness-guts with remnants of a vindaloo, indescribable pain.

So, am now programming uselessly. Dammit, I was going to deliver amazing product well on time. Alas,  not going to happen now. Moo.

Bollocks. Wouldn't have minded another year or so before the bastards go after the tab sites.

On that note, my neighbours hate me, but I love my geetar. Bad renditions of Purple Haze, Foxy Lady are the current order of the day. Rock. Badly.

...and back to hangover.

< A peek into a lazy morning | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Fuckit bollocksycows | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Why do y'all by blixco (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 05:56:23 AM EST
always seem to eat curry or vindaloo after a decent night drinking?  Even when I'm in one of those deep drunken "even Denny's sounds good!" moods, I know better than to get curry.

Cheap Mexican food from the local Tampico-style Taqueria, I'm all over that.  But not curry.  Ugh.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

Because we have proper curry? by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 3) #3 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 06:00:33 AM EST
Seriously, I'm up for a decent curry any time of night or day. However, around the time you typically leave a pub (usually between 11 and 12 if I'm going to get the tube home), there's always a curryshop or kebabery nearby.

Curry wins, every time.

*contemplates having another curry tonight, hrm

what's the difference? by alprazolam (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 12:04:35 PM EST
sounds like the british version of getting drunk and buying tacos from a street vendor or even getting a slinger.

Yeah but... by blixco (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 12:26:09 PM EST
....curry?  That's just, you know it's going to fuck with you.  Tacos won't. Unless you add the super hot sauce. And even when I'm falling in my taco drunk, I know better than to spice it up, ya know?
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
i dunno about that by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 01:29:42 PM EST
tacos from a weird old lady off the street at 3 pm seem like they could fuck with you.

my stupid spicy chicken chipotle burritos fuck with me. can't even eat them without sucking on an ice cube for 20 minutes afterwards anymore.

i've had some pretty bland curry too, now that you mention it.

You say... by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 11:34:54 PM EST

Our survey says:

a) Wimp.
b) What's the point of food without spicing it up?
c) Beer and curry is just appropriate. They fit together, at least at the time.
d) If you're still knowing better surely you're not drunk enough?

Was listening to Shoot To Thrill by cam (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 05:57:06 AM EST
acker-dacker and thought, you know, I should do a cover of it. I looked up the chords; lo and behold, it uses the Purple Haze and Foxy Lady chord!

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

E7#9? by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 06:02:14 AM EST
Or, easier, The Purple Haze Chord.

I'm just happy that I can now justabout switch from that to barre G and then A. If only I could play barre as Hendrix did - thumbs are cool too!

Yeh think that is it by cam (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 06:22:46 AM EST
acker-dacker will often in a D chord put the thumb over the E String and play the F# note as part of it, while dropping off the high E string. Great sounding chord, not so good for inaccurate fingers and thumbs.

Charms uses that chord. Coogee uses the Purple Haze chord too.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Whole lotta rosie by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 07:56:56 AM EST
Uses:
[ecode]
-3--2--3--2--3--4-
-0--0--0--0--0--0-
-0--0--0--0--0--0-
-0--0--0--0--0--0-
-3--3--3--3--3--3-
-3--3--3--3--3--3-
[/ecode]

Having hands like a small child, it's the only time I get to use my thumb when fretting a chord.

Also re: olga - bastard, bastard recording industry.

Midweek drinking is a great idea by motty (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 07:21:32 AM EST
Especially if there's a gig to go to.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T