Print Story Woke up, got outta bed...
By Alice Pulley (Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 12:16:39 AM EST) (all tags)
...dragged a comb across my head.

----

Things:

Weekend stuff
Superman Returns (no spoilers)
Work

Weekend.

Had a very pleasant one actually. On Friday, had a few pleasant beers in a pub garden, played a round of 3-decks-of-cards-8-person-pro-celebrity shithead (I was a celebrity guest, showing the calibre of the event).

Saturday consisted of golf (mmmmmm) where I had the first good round I've had for about 6 weeks (which is obviously why I haven't been banging on about it). Then went home and wiped myself down in order to go to young Codemonkeys BBQ. Very cool to see him and his lovely family again - slightly embarassingly, a mischevious looking  Codemonkey Offspring managed to trap me in the bathroom and laugh at me whilst I attempted to convince him to let me out.

Sunday was equally good, had a first meeting with my potential partner in a small business. He has an excellent product and mareketing plan, I have business expertise* and experience of implementing* plans so we're a bit like Tango and Cash in that respect. Anyway, we've got an initial plan of how we get to a real plan so thats all going ahead and soon I will be rich enough to buy the intahweb and all of you who sail in her.

After that, went to watch Superman. Some advice. DON'T go and watch it if a)you have a short attention span b)only want to see Superman kicking ass c)need a wee desperately towards what you think is the end so hold on and nearly rupture yourself when it goes on for another 7 hours.

Work

At 1721 on Friday evening, I was standing by a fax machine, essentially praying for it to deliver a faxed signatory from France to allow me to get an investment proposal signed at a higher level. At 1726, fax arrived. At 1729 (1 minute before my drop dead deadline of 1730) I sprinted into the office, drippping with sweat, of the VP for Ops & IT international who then signed said doc. Time for a slightly more relaxing* week.

So thats it really, only other point of interest is that I am going to the solicitors to sign on the dotted line and complete on my flat within the next 10 days or so. Its only taken 6 months and 10 years off my life. Mmmppphh.

Have a lovely week everyone (except that Kitten Munching Monster - you know who you are).

* TRANSLATIONS
Expertise = Own a suit
Implementing = Taking credit when things happen on their own
Relaxing = Playing Kingdom of Loathing

< Photo Monday: Land Rover | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Woke up, got outta bed... | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden)
Shithead is the game of kings by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 12:34:09 AM EST
Spent pretty much all of my first year of university playing it.

Glad you had a nice weekend. Mine was shit.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Shithead does rock... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 12:40:13 AM EST
...although I have a friend who totally insists that trash talking is a valid part of the game, which is a bit annoying.

Sorry you had a shit one, I shall refrain from asking why but wish you a better week.

Shithead by gpig (4.00 / 2) #3 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 01:24:03 AM EST
Ah, I have happy memories of that game ....

I remember playing huge and many games of this at sixth form college. Eventually we added another deck, and several other rules -- special cards with names like 'Dog' and 'Death'. I should really write them up at some point.
(,   ,') -- eep

Ooooo... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 01:37:16 AM EST
...I'd like to see your rules. We play a bastardised version picked up by various friends while travelling. Multiple decks is the way forward though.

Please do by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 02:24:01 AM EST
I've been inpspired by this diary to play it again.

Could you play with just two players? Or was that Spit?

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

You can play with two players by gpig (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 02:29:24 AM EST
but not more than once, it gets Dull.

I'm just waiting for something to run this morning, so I've almost finished writing up the rules ....
(,   ,') -- eep

Inspired by this diary .... by gpig (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 02:33:12 AM EST

(,   ,') -- eep
Small business eh? by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 04:18:15 AM EST
Good luck, don't tell the mortgage people, etc. etc.

Oblig: If my experience is anything to go by, you'll need to be a lot more motivated than I am to succeed.

Yeah. by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 11:23:32 PM EST
Although the idea is I am more of a silent partner, helping with financial/implementation planning, putting a business case together etc etc.

The other guy is really motivated so hopefully that will be OK...

Woke up, got outta bed... | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden)