Print Story Everything is gonna burn
We'll all take turns
I'll get mine, too

Tonight probably, given that I'm going to Slimelight again; it can get hot enough at the best of times.

This is becoming something of a regular event - I really ought to be on the verge of breaking up more often. In preparation for this event (going clubbing, not breaking up), I am again quaffing copious amounts of my favoured go-go juice whilst desperately trying to decide what to wear...

I really, really need to go shopping for some more clubbing clothes, but somehow I keep on getting distracted and going clubbing instead. With Slimelight kicking out at 7:30am, I don't want to wear myself out going to Camden on Saturday, while going on Sunday is out of the question. I'm going to forego Slimelight next week and go to Camden on the Sunday, but in the meantime my wardrobe is warding fewer robes than I'd like... Time to get creative, I think; I can hardly wear the same top three weeks running. People will start to talk, and not in a good way.

Meanwhile, my relationship continues to act like a slow motion train wreck. My PEF has a date set up for a month's time with someone she met on a dating site, then got chatting to via AIM. Oddly enough, all my misgivings are entirely safety-related - I appreciate that not everyone on the Internet is a sheep-buggering, kiddy-fiddling, homicidal multi-murdering sociopath, but still it's at the back of my mind to be a little concerned. As for what it represents to my relationship with my PEF, I have to confess to not being phased. In fact, I've been advocating her going when she's expressed doubt.

Similarly, she seems almost excited at the prospect of me potentially pulling tonight (going on the basis that the first time I went nothing happened, the next time I got chatting to someone, and the natural progression; if only it were that simple).

We've also agreed that I should move into the spare room, once we've tidied it up sufficiently to fit a bed in there. And bought the bed, of course... That almost certainly won't happen for a week or two, as there's a whole ton of crap in there that needs to be sorted through and disposed of or stored elsewhere. Still, we both feel that it's a necessary thing; things can't progress as we currently are, and while neither of us seem quite ready to let the other go, nor are we entirely happy holding on.

It's all so damned complicated though; life would be so much simpler if not for money. Ah well; enough of such talk, I'm supposed to be getting merry, not maudlin. Not that I'm getting particularly maudlin, to be honest...

Speaking of which, it's high time I was getting ready - have a good one all, whatever you may be doing!

< Recap: | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Everything is gonna burn | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I've just thought of a great pulling line by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #1 Sat Jul 22, 2006 at 12:07:29 PM EST
"Hey, cutie, let me get your picture so that my fiance and daughter can check you out and see if I should nob you."

Can't fail.  Chicks totally flip for steady family guys.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

Ooh, touché by Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Jul 22, 2006 at 12:17:01 PM EST
Our agreed excuse for not bringing people back is that we're living with our ex, while our agreed code for "Not coming home, too busy nobbing Fifi Trixibelle McGoth/being nobbed by Brad Studley" is an sms along the lines of "I'll be back late".

I'm not entirely convinced that "steady" is an appropriate description this time

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

When are you getting married again? by gazbo (4.00 / 5) #3 Sat Jul 22, 2006 at 02:58:59 PM EST

Whenever PEF tells him to by Rogerborg (4.00 / 6) #4 Sat Jul 22, 2006 at 10:04:39 PM EST
Durrr.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
MMmmm by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 05:14:42 AM EST
Perhaps I do need to think of a more suitable pseudonym than "PEF"...

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
Can I suggest "tatdsoHcm"? by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 07:45:28 AM EST
The acronym that depends solely on HER current mood

So mean! (n/t) by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 12:17:42 AM EST

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
Why are you moving into the spare bedroom by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #5 Sun Jul 23, 2006 at 03:03:01 PM EST
if someone wants to play cheating ho, let her sleep on the stained lumpy futon.

It's actually easier that way by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Jul 24, 2006 at 01:33:29 AM EST
The spare room doubles as my office, and so has my PC in it; if she's in there, there's the possibility for problems if she wants to go to bed while I want to be on the PC.

As for the stained, lumpy futon, we gave that to my parents ages ago. It does mean that we need to buy me a bed, but it's about time we had a spare anyway to be honest, this just forces the issue.

Besides which, the spare room is actually the larger of the two (though not by much), and doesn't have a boiler in a cupboard in it. In a number of ways, I'm getting the better end of the deal.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

Everything is gonna burn | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback