Print Story You call me a fool, you say it's a crazy scheme...
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 06:53:12 AM EST) All this and much much more!! (all tags)
The B.A.D.TM

The blog Condoleeza Rice doesn't want you to know about...

One hundred and ten in the shade today. But I'm not complaining, it's not like I plan on stepping foot-one outside. No sir, God invented air conditioning just for days like today and who am I to swim upstream against God's will? Nope, I'm not risking it.

I finally finished watching The Sopranos Fifth Season, which was just great. So now I'm pretty much caught up with the exception of the current season, which isn't on DVD yet. I tried to get a friend of mine to download them on the double top secret black-market underground P2P network, but they're HUGE files and he was having trouble getting them so I figure I'll just wait until they're officially released. For my money that's the best TV series EVAR. Better than Three's Company, better than Seinfeld, better than Alf. I've even gone so far as to visit fan-sites that discus all the little nuances of the show, which are many, as it turns out.

In fact I grabbed some older shows from season two at the library last night so I can, like a lame fanboy loser, go back and watch them again. The cute library lady was telling me "You've got some catching up to do on these" and I had to confess to her that I'm re-watching them. She was nice about it, saying "yeah, there isn't much to watch on TV during the summer," but I know she was really thinking that I must be some kinda freak boy.

That's the reason why you can never date anyone who works at the local library. They know more about you than your mom ever will. All they have to do is take a quick look at your history to see that you checked out books like "Premature Ejaculator's Anonymous" and "Identifying Penis Fungus" and "How to stop being a shallow materialistic man in 10 easy steps" and stuff like that and you're done for.

Of course I've never checked those books out, I'm just tossing them out there as examples of how the arrangement might be problematic for some of you, the unwashed masses.

Speaking of problems, I pulled a muscle in my ribcage this morning at the gym. It's right in the area at the bottom of the rib-cage on my left side. Those are a real bitch cause it takes forever for them to heal and they don't hurt at all unless you make a twisting motion then you get this stabbing pain like you're being knifed by an illegal alien who is taking your wallet even though he's going to get social security. Yeow. In fact it was a bad morning at the gym all the way around because the battery in my little mp3 player died about 10 minutes into the workout and how can you workout without LOUD MUSIC being piped directly into your head? Alas I had to make do with just CNN (that stupid Anderson Cooper show) to drown out the pain. But hey, I'm nothing if not a good soldier so I finished up despite all the obstacles put in my path.

I got a bitchin price ($266 round trip!!) so I booked my flight to Vegas in November, so I'm all set to go. Well, I need to save up some dough for gambling and hookers and crack and shows and crap like that, but at least my flight and room are all booked. I plan on putting HST to shame. Fear and Loathing indeed.

Right, well, that's it. That's all I've got.

< He breathes like Darth Vader | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
You call me a fool, you say it's a crazy scheme... | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I sense a fear of intimacy by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #1 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 07:01:53 AM EST
who knows, cute library chick (every library has one, it seems) might be just the one to help with that problem with being overly prompt.

Also, I've noticed Husi has slowed down since you mentioned blixco's odd friends, everyone is searching.

Darn it by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 07:08:40 AM EST
I told you I DIDN'T check that book out. In fact I tend to have the other problem, most women tell me I take too long and I'm too sensitive to their needs, stuff like that.

But yeah, the whole fear of commitment/intimacy thing has always been a problem.

re: Yeah, at least there are only about 20 blokes here so it doesn't kill us too bad.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Searching on Joe ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 07:10:32 AM EST
the paperdoll's ex, who maybe had an account and was active in 2004, but Bob says posted a comment in Feb.. Yeah, I figured bob was doing his usual misinformation troll..

Waaaa??? by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 07:22:54 AM EST
His name isn't Joe, and he wasn't active in 2004, he just wrote a series of diaries telling some sort of bizarre story. He was last active back in Feb when he posted a couple comments. That's the straight dope mister.

Now you've got plenty of clues that should enable you to find out who he is. QED.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Nothing on TV by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 07:09:15 AM EST
that means all the summer time action is in the bedroom, bobo, that's the proper response to such a come-on from the cute librarian. I think R Mutt posted a link about the mythical sex status of the librarian a while back.

But are the sopranos really better than the A-Team ? I mean, c'mon..

And might want to go see Dr. Bombay, you might have appendicitis.. Don't want to let that go for too long.

Really by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 07:19:00 AM EST
You mean they actually did a survey of cute librarians to see if they are wild in the sack? See, that's the thing, of course they're going to say they aren't, because it fits in with their shy reserved public persona. But when you get them behind closed doors we all know, well, okay, we don't know, but it isn't hard to figure out how they are.

re: Have you watched The Sopranos? Really, it's the best.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Cute librarians == Wild in teh sack by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #19 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:02:23 AM EST
Trust me on this one, Bob.

Shows better than Sopranos by theantix (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 07:48:18 AM EST
Firefly, Arrested Development, Columbo, Battlestar Galactica 2004+, 24, and Monk.  House MD is close, I'd have to rank that on par but not better than Sopranos.  But that's it.

How I rank: ask myself if I had new episodes of all these shows, which order would I watch them in?
____________________________________
Everything you wanted to know about Kansas City, and more.

That's outrageous! by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:25:52 AM EST
I haven't seen any of those, except for old Columbo reruns, and that show wasn't anywhere near as great as The Sopranos, hence I'm afraid I'm going to have to draw the conclusion that the others aren't as good either (if a then b, if b then c, which leads to if a then c. QED), which plainly discredits your testimony.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Oh, just one more thing. by theantix (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:42:23 AM EST
Also Da Vinci's Inquest -- which you have not only never seen but also never heard of.
____________________________________
Everything you wanted to know about Kansas City, and more.
The Shield by spacejack (2.00 / 4) #21 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:17:58 AM EST
all the way, especially if you like the Sopranos. Battlestar is kinda crappy IMHO, even though I'm a sci-fi nerd.

Take that! by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #29 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 02:15:17 PM EST
That's for insulting Battlestar! Nyah!

Vive le Montréal libre.
That's ok by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #30 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 02:33:25 PM EST
But THE SERIES STILL SUCKS!!!

There's only one thing to be said for that. by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #31 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 04:02:48 PM EST
Your mother's a whore.

Vive le Montréal libre.
I knew a guy in sales once by lm (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:10:32 AM EST
He would run a credit report on any prospective date. If you're worried about your library record, just think of that.

Also, most libraries don't keep permanent records. There are exceptions, but most library software does not track books once they've been returned. So as long as you don't presently have any books checked out about interior decorating you should be fine. Well, you should be fine unless she's had her eye on you for a while. Then you're screwed.

Cicero, The Republic
Heh by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:33:12 AM EST
Don't you need a ssn to do a credit check? I've always pretty much assumed that.

That said, I would actually score pretty well on that front, so it wouldn't hurt me. But come to think of it I did date my bank teller for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if she was looking at all my accounts. Heh, she dated me anyways so I guess she wasn't a gold digger.

Of course now-a-days we all google each other prior to dating, so one has to be careful about what one does on the ol Internets.

re: I thought the library kept long term records, wasn't there a big stink regarding the Patriot Act and library records?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Some libraries do keep long term records by lm (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:58:34 AM EST
Part of the stink was that after many libraries decided to move to stop keeping long term records, the feds started complaining that they were required to. I don't think the feds won that argument. At least not yet.

With regards to SSN's they come with the credit report. Most agencies can deliver a report based entirely on name and last known address. The report also comes with income as stated on previous credit applications, a list of former addresses, and all existing debts.

Cicero, The Republic
Library? by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:32:52 AM EST
Don't you mean Borders or Barnes & Noble?

---------------
Ah.. right by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:34:44 AM EST
I hadn't thought of that.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

WIPO: Scrubs by ReallyEvilCanine (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:39:37 AM EST
Hotter women, funnier dialog, Dr. Cox (not necessarily in that order).

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

Warning: Sopranos, Season Six may be lame... by superdiva (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:55:54 AM EST
I'll give you a one word hint:  "johnnycakes".

I had all 12 episodes sitting on my hard drive and just deleted them because I didn't think I'd watch anymore.  I could have set up a torrent for you.

_________________________________________________

For we are many....

Johnnycakes???? by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #18 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 09:19:20 AM EST
Hmmmmm... johnnycakes....

Yeah, I've read some comments that season 6 is actually the worst one, I guess it's tough to continue to be original and look for new and interesting plotlines after you've been on a while, but given the nature of the material I would think they wouldn't have any trouble getting ideas.

Still, I gotta know what happens.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Considering that Sopranos ends in 2007 by superdiva (2.00 / 0) #22 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:20:32 AM EST
I was kinda hoping the show would go out on a high note, but the last 6 episodes will probably be very good.  If you're feening for an HBO show, you might also try The Wire.

_________________________________________________

For we are many....
The last one should be a real killer.. so to speak by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #25 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:44:47 AM EST
I can't figure out if it'll end with Tony going to prison or getting whacked. Or maybe it will "just end" and nothing will happen to him, that would be a real surprise ending.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

WIPO: The Simpsons . . . by slozo (4.00 / 1) #17 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:58:54 AM EST
. . . but my gooey, sensitive heart really loved Magnum P.I. the bestest . . .

WIPO by blixco (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:14:47 AM EST
Dude, Miami freaking Vice paved the way for all that stylish and intense shit.  Jeeez.

In re Anderson Cooper, my wife has a total crush on him.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

Yeah.. by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #23 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:41:49 AM EST
That was a good show for it's time, but the Sopranos does a lot more character development IMHO. That's really what does it for me, more so than the "whackings" even though they are usually pretty entertaining too.

rere: I seem to remember hearing rumours that Mr. Cooper plays for the other team, so to speak.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Huh. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #24 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:43:48 AM EST
Anderson Cooper is gay?  That won't slow her down any.  It's not like she's actually going to find him.

Unless she does.  Hrm.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

That's the Hollywood gossip anyways by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #26 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:48:17 AM EST
He's a bit too melodramatic on his CNN show. He's a good reporter, no doubt, but he seems a bit too intense or something.

But yeah, I guess he's a good looking guy, I can see why the ladies would dig him.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Wikipedia says he's gay. by ni (2.00 / 0) #27 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 11:32:03 AM EST
I looked him up a few days ago after having three different women spontaneously mention how hot he was over the course of a day.

<IgnoreAmos> I opened the bottle last night; it's almost gone.
<IgnoreAmos> I use the backspace key a lot.

He's a good looking by blixco (2.00 / 0) #28 Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 11:50:26 AM EST
guy.  I'm surprised he's out.  CNN strikes me as pretty conservative, internally.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Sopranos rocks by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #32 Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 01:08:40 AM EST
I think they should show it at cinemas.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!