Print Story Of mice and women
Working life
By spacejack (Wed Jul 12, 2006 at 09:14:15 AM EST) (all tags)
And rain. Lots and lots of rain.

In sad news today, it looks like the girls of Strut magazine next door are moving out. I guess the warehouse environment with the upstairs washrooms in a perpetual state of being under construction has become too much for them to bear. This is a shame, as the bouncy brunette I ran into on the stairs today is quite the cutie. We'll probably wind up with some other company full of web/media nerd guys. God dammit.

I've also discovered that we also have mice (which probably didn't help with the nieghbour situation.) They leave little pellet presents for me on my desk in the morning. Maybe I should put up a sign that says "NO FOOD". Or maybe we should get an office cat. But I guess you can't just leave them locked up alone every weekend. They should genetically engineer cats that could do that - to be warehouse-office-mousers that wouldn't destroy or stink up the place or starve to death when you're gone.

I've resumed work on MissTrish's post-apocalypse scene. It's possible this one will turn out okay after all. I gave it a try with the ink brush, but the cartridge brush don't work too good on an easel. To work at that angle, I might need a space brush that astronauts would use in zero G. Or I can just go back to the Russian solution of using a drawing stick. Which is what I did.

Gonna go see Superman after work today. Expectations aren't too high; I hold the original (not any of the sequels) in very high regard. The casting & cinematography in that were near perfect, not to mention the inventive pre-CGI effects (remember the scene at the beginning where the camera does a flyby of the Krypton sun? That was just a barrel of red-hot coals shot from above.) So what if the whole "turning the earth backwards in time" didn't make any sense.

It's like totally solid rain out there today. Days like this remind me to be glad I don't live on the wet coast.

< the problem with apartment complexes | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Of mice and women | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
We had horracious thunder Monday by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Jul 12, 2006 at 10:09:54 AM EST
including a close strike, the house across the street got hi, and I ended up buried under scared woman and children.

It's been pouring rain today, too. Quite a wet summer.

Yeah, I was nearly afraid by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jul 12, 2006 at 10:15:43 AM EST
to go outside, even though I'm surrounded by lightning rods nearly everywhere I go.

office cat by misslake (4.00 / 3) #3 Wed Jul 12, 2006 at 10:45:19 AM EST
you can't leave a kitten alone for the weekend, but you can leave a full grown cat alone with no trouble.
get a big litterbox, 2 bowls kibble and 2 bowls water. lots of mice to play with. weekend paradise for a kitty. it's a great idea.

you should go to the humane scociety and pick yourselves up a nice cat on monday. you would have to arrange with your officemates for you each to take a turn visiting it saturday or sunday for an hour or two for the first few weeks untill it got settled in. cats can be quite happy by themselves, as long as you get a nice even tempered one.

you know I'm nearly convinced by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jul 12, 2006 at 04:32:50 PM EST
But I'm worried about someone hearing the cat when we're away and then calling the cops and having us arrested for animal cruelty or something.

Still, maybe I'll ask the others tomorrow...

I wasn't sure by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jul 13, 2006 at 12:31:09 AM EST
But now I think about it, it probably would be OK, especially if it's a big office. One thing though -  it will probably kill all the mice in a couple of weeks, then you've got 10-15 years of cat.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

3D!! by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Jul 12, 2006 at 11:35:43 AM EST
See it in the IMAX 3D! After the first preview of a cute ass penguin tap dancing on an iceberg to "Brick House" in 3D, you'll be in such a good mood that anything that follows is great.

ypu're a chair
Well, I didn't see it in 3D by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jul 12, 2006 at 04:34:10 PM EST
there was no dancing penguin, and the movie pretty much sucked. Son of a bitca, that's another $12 down the drain.

You have my sympathies. by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Jul 13, 2006 at 01:58:55 AM EST
That was one cute ass penguin.

ypu're a chair