Print Story I thought my weekend was too boring for a diary
but then I thought, hey, dance with who brought ya.

Plus, The Light Fantastic, Strip Tease, 3 Women, Pick Picknic, taming the bush, and less.

Poll: Favorite sex toy (prolly NSFW)?

It was a laid back, mellow weekend, mostly because nearly ten year old spent it at Porche-family's lakeside cottage. She adds a certain energy to the household, and when she's gone we can all catch our breath. Five year old is entirely different, she would be content to spend all day watching Spongebob videos.

Friday night we had preschool_mom and her two kids over for pizza, wings and wine, and the kids canbe bratty. I wasn't too sad to see them go, but once they left I had to leave IRC to play with five year old for a while. We mostly emptied the wading pool (using a watering can, to water the gardens, since fresh water is a precious commodity for nearly everyone outside the Great Lakes drainage basin), but we also had some batting practice.

Saturday was a bit of shopping, including pressies for nearly ten year old's bday. We went to the mall, and I got to gawk at teenage hawties, though I'm getting appalled at the number of chunky ones. I can cut a mom some slack, she's carried a sprog and deserves a little padding, but a teenager with GLH is pretty sad.

While browsing in the library I came across Altman's 3 women, which we watched Saturday night. I found it a little boring, though I enjoyed the cinematography. Mrs. Ha really liked it. It's definitely odd and surreal.

Sunday we had Irish_girl and her daughter over, and I felt good enough to multitask, watching Irish_daughter, five year old, cross-street boy and upstreet girl while building a charcoal fire, sharpening a grass scythe, and hacking down some of the overgrown growth in our back yard. I depooped they yard, too, and even started the Kawi, just to feel it throb underneath me.

Sunday we also broke out Pick Picknic, a game I got five year old for her birthday. Five year old and I played, and then we played with cross_street boy. it's fun, a game you can play with preschoolers and still have fun (as opposed to Candyland). A+++, will play again.

Last week I finished The Light Fantastic, the second book in Pratchett's Discworld saga. Perhaps quality was higher earlier in the saga, perhaps I'm getting used to it, but I enjoyed it more than that one with Music with Rocks in it.

I also finished STrip Tease, another Hiaiaiasen one. It was hard to put down, but not very memorable, perhaps Hiaiaisen is wearing thin on me. Next up, Tourist Season.

Mrs. Ha was telling me a friend of hers is having trouble with a bf because he lacks girth (Mrs. Ha suggested kegels, which are quite wonderful). Once we got past the mutual admiration of our assets, I suggested a cock ring as something that can add girth and stimulating nubs for her pleasure. What's your favorite sex toy?

< Boo, only one house | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I thought my weekend was too boring for a diary | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO: adult human female by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 08:44:46 AM EST
And what's wrong with Candyland? The suspense and tragedy of drawing Plumpy in the home stretch gets the heart racing.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
It's too long and random by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 08:48:45 AM EST
theoretically, you could play for hours without anyone winning.

Thanks. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 10:18:44 AM EST
Now I'll never be able to hear the phrase "drawing Plumpy in the home stretch" without giggling. I mean, in the unlikely event that I ever hear the phrase "drawing Plumpy in the home stretch."

Sounds like a toilet-training euphamism.. by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 11:22:40 AM EST
MNS is the poopster..

Tourist Season by blixco (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 08:47:23 AM EST
is one of my all-time favorites, but I'm a huge fan and thuse terribly biased.

In re: Altman, his best movie ever is OC and Stiggs.

In re: sex toys, I'm a believer in "run what ya brung," and therefore don't have much use for toys.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

dangit, I forgot the rest of the story by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #4 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 08:53:18 AM EST
While the friend is dissatisfied with the width, I would have picked the lack of ambition, lack of job and drug problems to be deal breakers.

I liked MASH, I found The Company boring, and that's about the extent of the Altman I've watched.

Hiassen can get a bit repetitive by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 09:07:52 AM EST
granted, I think Michael Crichton is horribly cliched after reading ~3 of his books in the late 80s.

Are there more GLHs, or is it the fashion trends of current girls just showing more skin leading to an upward trend of noticing said GLH ?

Similar horror story: Mom's good friend was down for lunch with us, and said how she wanted to take her husband to see the statue of David while they were on their mediterranian cruise. Said rather knowingly that her husband and the statue shared some similar traits with an almost literal wink-wink-nudge-nudge. Was aghast, but had to hide it. (I'm 99% certain she wasn't talking about a larger left hand, or muscle bound body..)

Nearly 10.. by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 09:08:02 AM EST
You have about two more years before your life becomes a living hell.

rere: You need to hang out at my friends house. His 18 year old stepson is surrounded by the hottest friggin teenager/early 20ish girls you've ever seen. I think the kid deals in pot and as such has lots of friends.

I swear the girls never looked like that when I was a teen. And they all seem to be dressed like Britney Spears. It's just wrong.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I know, I missed halter tops by just a few years by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 09:16:22 AM EST
in the 70's, and come the 80's long flowing hippy shit was in vogue.

Nearly ten year old is already moody, and she's not particularly boy crazy, so the living hell level (about orange) should stay around orange.

Aye by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 09:26:30 AM EST
Skimpy tops and little mini-skirts or tiny shorts etc.

I swear I saw more teen boobs at his 4th of July partay than I've ever seen on the Internet.

re: My little nephew went from being this cool lovable 10 year old kid to this 11 year old skater devil child. Happens in the blink of an eye.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Well, bob by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 11:22:59 AM EST
you've got to consider the heritage.. Apple, fall, tree, etc etc.

Correction: TARA and Willow action figures by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #8 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 09:25:58 AM EST
Dammit, now you've reminded me that I'm indebted to someone.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Apologies, I'm pretty vanilla, so I often get by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 10:12:53 AM EST
fringe kinks wrong.

You are definitely NOT indebted by calla (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 03:55:00 PM EST
to me.

Although if I hadn't prodded, you probably still wouldn't have the package. Ammo and I work well as a team - he's a bit like the creative talent and I'm kinda like the manager/agent.

"Are Linux chicks worth it?" fencepost

WIPO: John Prescott [n/t] by Evil Herring (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 10:00:31 AM EST

Missing Poll Option: by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #15 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 12:20:57 PM EST
A naked woman -- whose name is my business...

The Light Fantastic by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 01:13:44 PM EST
Like most series, the first couple books are much better than the later ones.

I liked the series pretty much up until Rincewind disappeared. At this point I'm pretty sure there are a bunch I haven't read.

Faith, and the possibility of weaponized kissing?

Did I miss 'vibrator' on your list? by calla (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 03:50:31 PM EST
Maybe I'm just not hip enough to know what the kids are calling vibrators nowadays.

I don't like vibrators, but they seem popular with a lot of folks.

"Are Linux chicks worth it?" fencepost

That would be the pocket rocket by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #19 Mon Jul 10, 2006 at 04:50:52 PM EST
or so I've been told.