Print Story I can never think of a decent title. I have the same problem with subject lines.
By MissTrish (Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 06:09:02 AM EST) (all tags)
Life vs Box on the Ground

Life says:

I got a call back from the crazy people study. Fortunately my answering machine was nice enough to let me know that I had missed it by three minutes. So I'll have to give them a call back on Tuesday and do my part for phone tag.

The wagon and I are having a little tiff right now. It doesn't like me drinking gin and tonic while I ride it, so I got off and kicked one of it's wheels. Hopefully it falls off.

The final saga of this insane ass week ended with dinner at a Tex-Mex bar with boss and crew. I was pleased with my ability to use my fork as an implement of eating and not destruction. Bloody blonde haired destruction.

Going back to the big Cobourg for the weekend of Fest'ing. I could be more excited, and less afraid.

Box on the ground says:

Inside The Romantic by Barbara Goudy...

"Sam,
From one hopeless to Another.
All my valentimes.
I love you.
David"

Inside Summer Sisters by Judy Blume...

'My Dearest Sandra,
I wish you the happiest birthday and the best from the years to come.
The title of this book makes me think of how I have always wanted a sister and how through your friendship, I often feel like I do.
I hope you enjoy it!
Love Always,
Nancy"

The first card jammed inside Summer Sisters...

"My Dearest Sandra,
I hope this card finds you well.
I want to explain my reasons for getting you these two particular gifts. The book "Summer Sisters" was an easy choice because I knew you wanted it, but the capo was selected because...well, I'm embarrassed for you and your presently used pathetic capo.
Besides, now you can play with the same capo that I use as well as Ron Sexsmith, Greg Keelor and some dude by the name of Jim Cuddy.
All the best!
Love Nancy"

The second card jammed inside Summer Sisters...

"Sandra aka Sandbox

I know things have been really weird lately--but I'm sure it's just a passing phase. We definately don't get corny about our friendship, but it sometimes needs to be said. You are my oldest and bestest friend and I...I...love you (woo! That was weird) I don't think I've ever told you that. It's always been more of a quiet understanding. I SAID IT!
well...Happy 21st Birthday!
Ester"

The box has far more interesting things to say than my life does. But it doesn't really matter, as the purpose of this post has been achieved: kill time until I have to wash the dye out of my hair.

< Just another Saturday morning update with an unimaginative title | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I can never think of a decent title. I have the same problem with subject lines. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
CobourgerTrish: by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 06:19:24 AM EST

Perhaps try a variation on the whole imagine-them-in-their-underwear thing, like picturing everyone you meet as reincarnated zombies made out of recycled catbox sand as a nostalgic project to celebrate the bicentennial of your immortal reign in a far-flung but very Trishpositive future the likes of which Doc Brown never conceived.

Or just get really drunk.

There is a mighty fine beer tent by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 06:24:59 AM EST
Also, I am close to crushing everyone's heads in with a cricket bat anyway, and as soon as you said "zombies" it put me into one of those moods.

ypu're a chair
Attention CBB infidel! by ni (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 07:01:05 AM EST
Happy Husistockaversary!

Attn MissTrish Infidel: Sorry to intrude on your diary. This just didn't seem worth of its own post.

my experience is that people will do amazingly stupid things in conjunction with their crotches -- persimmon
You are forgiven by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 08:43:47 AM EST
For a variety of reasons

ypu're a chair
WHAT COLOR? by calla (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 07:51:30 AM EST
You've been around long enough to no longer be a newb. How could you have missed this essential detail?

"Are Linux chicks worth it?" fencepost

I have jumped on the blue bandwagon by MissTrish (4.00 / 3) #5 Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 07:59:14 AM EST
I simply thought it would be assumed.

ypu're a chair
Well then, by calla (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Jul 02, 2006 at 07:38:15 AM EST
you are probably too canuckistani to know that "assume" makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me".

"Are Linux chicks worth it?" fencepost

I think so by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Jul 02, 2006 at 12:00:46 PM EST
We spell it "you".

ypu're a chair
i think we need a scoop site by fleece (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 11:06:29 PM EST
which is like an alcoholic support group. All of my favourite drunks from both places would form this super site I call Hulver5hin: Red wine and white spirits, from the trenches.

We don't have to give up drinking though. We just have to make each other feel okay about drinking so much. Naturally I would be an admin. In my sober moments, I'd anonymise you all for insubordination, then I'd drink scotch and dry and invite you all back with stalker-like private messages, and chocolates sent to your PO box.

I like chocolates by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Jul 02, 2006 at 05:21:02 AM EST
What kind of chocolates?