Print Story My Ship Is Coming In
By Christopher Robin was Murdered (Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 05:54:24 AM EST) (all tags)
It'll be over by Christmas. The code of the cubes. Dinner.

Office: Armistice Ends

Yesterday Robin approached Joan and apologized for Wednesday's blow-up. "Sorry about yesterday."
    Joan replied with a lukewarm, "Sure. Okay."
    To which Robin said, "Okay? That's it? Okay?"
    "What do you mean 'that's it?' What the fuck do you want? You were acting like a bitch."
    "I'm the bitch? You're the bitch . . ."
    Anyway, it basically was a replay of Wednesday.

At this point, I feel Joan is a much to blame as Robin. Robin is mental defective. We all know this. Joan, however, is perfectly reasonable under most circumstances. Unfortunately, she has decided to regress back to her youthful thuggish street-life ways (she was raised in a fairly rough and tumble housing project in Trenton) and is now standing on some street-corner definition of honor. Robin cannot be forgive or ignored because she has dissed Joan.
    I hate this "code of the street" crap.
    It isn't just Joan; Mike and John, two old school Arthur Avenue Italians do the same thing. You'll ask them to perform a task that is part of their job description and they give you this, "I'll do this one thing for you, because you're a good guy, you're on the level." And you half expect them to go: "I will push this data to the live site; but, one day, I may have a favor to ask of you." It makes you want to say, "It isn't a favor padronĂ© – it is you job, so just do what the company is paying you to do you delusional cube drone."
    Ironically, in all these cases, the girl playing at being a gangbanging rapper and the two gents who think they're in the Sopranos, the people pulling this crap regularly claim that they are justified in their actions because they're "real," they're authentic. Unlike, say, a dude who, while performing the tasks of a white collar office worker, behaves like a white collar office worker.
    Wonderfully, this bullshit is always aimed at their fellow drones. If some assistant gets canned because bean counters in accounting decided everybody can shoulder just a little more work, without getting a little more pay, you don't see Joan up in the face of Linden, head of accounting, screaming, "Oh no you didn't!" It only comes out over the petty crap.

Joan needs to let it drop.

Dinner

Last night, May and I went to this nice Italian joint on 5th Ave.
    We ordered a nice bottle of sangiovese. The wine list said it would be the '01 vintage, but they actually hit us with the superior '97 vintage, same price. Nice folks.
    We put in an order for a cheese sampler for an appetizer. I ordered the polpettone and she got the risotto with quail.

After we finished the appetizer, May was looking at the wine label and said, "This wine is older than our relationship. But it's been here, just waiting for us to come and drink it."
    "Speaking of waiting," I said. "I was waiting for the perfect moment to do something clever with this, but I realized that's just stalling, so I'm going to do it right now."
    I offered her a ring and asked her to marry me.
    She said yes.
    So that worked out.

< All right - I'm not fit for human company | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
My Ship Is Coming In | 81 comments (81 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Song/Diary Title List by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 05:57:23 AM EST
Here's the latest batch of songs that heroically offered to serve as diary titles, inlcuding my first repeat (somehow the Specials snuck in there twice - but, hey, they're the Specials and, by definition, special):

1.    Gentlemen Take Polaroids, Japan
27.    Ghost Town, The Specials
28.    Girl at War, Miss Flame
29.    All Manner of Pox or Canker, Paper Chase
30.    My Ship Is Coming In, Scott Walker

Whoa, congrats by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 05:58:00 AM EST
yet another proposal.

I'm highly vulnerable to media influences. n/t by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:18:18 AM EST

Wow by gazbo (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 05:59:49 AM EST
You are truly the master of understatement.

Congrats - this marriage lark is definitely catching.

Thanks. n/t by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:18:53 AM EST

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:01:27 AM EST
And what a cool way to ask. Brilliant.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Risotto with quail. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:09:05 AM EST
How could you do anything but accept if you're eating that?

Also, you seem like rather a lovely person in a good relationship, so that probably helps.

Well done, you guys.

Honestly, she's really the lovely one. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:21:30 AM EST
I'm sort of a stout, rounded figure with a fuzzy face.

I think she might have poor eyesight; but I'm not going to recommend she get her eyes checked now, not when I'm so close!

Perhaps you'd better. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #32 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:43:47 AM EST
Maybe it's a congenital visual defect and you'll spend the rest of your life having to persuade her that ugly things really are ugly, and you'll have nothing but the ugliest in your apartment, and then where will it end.

Congratulations by The Fool (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:13:50 AM EST
Did anyone teach you the secret "Married Person" handshake yet? Oh, I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that in a forum where single people might read it. Sorry.

I not officially married yet. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:17:05 AM EST
They said I couldn't come into the club house or learn the shake until it was really and truly legal and official-like.

Didn't you get the memo by jayhawk88 (4.00 / 1) #48 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:13:05 AM EST
Welcome Kits are now being sent out only after the first month of marriage, as our studies have shown that newly married couples don't see, hear, read, or remember a damn thing during that time period.

W00t! by ana (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:16:56 AM EST
Congratulations!

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

Thanks. n/t by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:41:36 AM EST

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!!! by greyrat (4.00 / 3) #12 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:23:44 AM EST
Haven't you guys figured it out yet? Do we need to counsel you even more directly on this?

Well, con-grad-you-lay-shuns anyway. #;^)

Quit counseling guys. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 2) #18 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:43:06 AM EST
They take themselves outo the market, it means more play for the G-Rat. You should be trying to get other men married off ASAP.

I feel that there is a flaw in your logic, by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #29 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:23:36 AM EST
but I just can't seem to put my finger on it...

Impossible. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #36 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 08:08:26 AM EST
What you're reading there is flawless logic. It just seems odd because such cool, crystalline, logical perfection is rarely seen in this degenerate age of postmodern gibber-jabber.

Not only do more men leave the market, but they take the "let's get married" types with them, leaving the field clear of potential commitment traps and increasing the overall population of unsatisfied housewives.

You'll be in the catbird seat.

d00d! You are my new god! by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #37 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 08:17:54 AM EST

subject to change without notice. All references to god or deity copyright Zeus/Juppiter of the Greco-Roman Religious Institute, 79 Via Rivera, Herculaneum, ITA.

Congratulations by ni (4.00 / 1) #52 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:33:09 AM EST
Also, you just provoked me to reread The Catbird Seat, which was a very enjoyable way to spend the last 10 minutes. Thanks!

my experience is that people will do amazingly stupid things in conjunction with their crotches -- persimmon
I'm reminded of Chapelle's by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:29:00 AM EST
"dangers of keepin' it real" segments. FYI.

Also: MARRIED!

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline

Keeping it real. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:45:32 AM EST
Sadly, unlike the Chapelle's skits, these encounters always just end with one party rolling their eyes and the overreacting spaz walking off convinced that they righteously kept it real.

I think sangiovese by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:29:04 AM EST
is my favorite varietal.

Congratulations.
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.

Thanks. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #20 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:49:33 AM EST
RE the vino: We were told the other day that sangiovese was the red wine with the least allergy inducing elements, meaning, the wine-maker claimed, less headaches and whatnot during the spring and summer months. We've been shifting over to sangiovese lately to see if this is true and so far it seems to be the case.

Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #24 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:04:19 AM EST
Who's job is it ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:35:41 AM EST
Well, there's always the 'not a team player' moniker to shove around. Though I think it's an overused phrase, meant only for negative performance reviews.

Is there a customer/provider relationship, or a 'we've all got a job to do, get cracking' relationship ?

We've got one rather bright guy here (talks a good talk) but can't do a damn thing. Always fobs off the job/task to someone else. And gets away with it. Me ? I don't put up with his shit, and let his manager know that Moe, once again, shifted the job to someone else. Alas, Moe wasn't disemployed during the last round of layoffs. Can only hope. He's on his second 'undetermined leave', which means medical, which means due to HIPPA, who knows what his problem is (other than manager), which probably means if his lazy ass gets fired, he can claim ADA. Tricky little bastard, as I'm pretty certain he's using his leave of absence to start his own company (his self professed desire, to write computer games). Gah.

Anyway, not sure I argee w/ you on Joan. Robin did some bad mojo, Robin gets away with it, and who suffers ? Not Robin, apparently.. From the words, sounds like Joan was gonna let it drop, until Robin brought out the biyatch.

Glad the wine at dinner was good. We both enjoy sangiovese based wines.

Robin vs. Joan by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #25 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:04:26 AM EST
Regarding Joan's reaction to the apology: I see your point, but I guess I feel that getting pissed whenever Robin acts like a moron is the equivalent of getting upset every time a dude with Tourette's Syndrome swears. The nature of Robin is to be an idiot that says and does inappropriate things. To engage her in conflict over it is fruitless and wasteful. As the reasonable one of the two, Joan should see that.

maybe joan doesn't have the internet by garlic (4.00 / 3) #44 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 09:19:57 AM EST
where she can tell stories about her annoying workmates to blow off steam.

Woa dude! by ucblockhead (4.00 / 2) #17 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:42:27 AM EST
Great surprise ending!
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Top work lad by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #21 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 06:58:18 AM EST
Congratulations!

Congrats by blixco (4.00 / 1) #22 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:03:09 AM EST
on the wine.

Oh, and the marriage thing.  That's pretty cool too.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

Any tips for a guy who is new at all this? n/t by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #51 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:28:07 AM EST

Well, by blixco (4.00 / 3) #60 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:57:35 AM EST
it all depends on the girl.  But yeah, it's pretty easy:

Do whatever she says, or what you think she'll want you to do.  Add to that, do things on ocassion that are just awfully nice.

The only other thing is communication.  Always talk.

Other'n that, there's a lot of situational stuff.  But I'm only an expert on Dr. Laurea.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

I think he meant the wine by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #70 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 12:14:10 PM EST
iGrrrl, who's remarkably smart about these things, by toxicfur (4.00 / 2) #65 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 11:52:02 AM EST
gave ana and me two bits of advice. The first - say "thank you" a lot, for all the little things one's partner does. The second - fights tend to boil down to two things: money and "what do you mean, you can't read my mind?" We tend to use that last line when one of us (usually me) is being unreasonable.

The only other bit of advice I have is that "living in sin" and marriage have been remarkably the same for us. So don't listen to whoever it was who said that it doesn't matter who you marry, since when you wake up in the morning, it'll be someone else.
Continue to lean until you feel gravity threatening to discipline you for being stupid. - CRwM

Pardon this shameless vanity moment . . . by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #67 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 11:56:21 AM EST
But I'm another sig!

Indeed you are. :-) by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #69 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 12:11:20 PM EST

Mark Twain by ana (2.00 / 0) #68 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 11:58:00 AM EST
n/t

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

tips by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #72 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 03:08:42 PM EST
Far too late for my #1 tip, seeing as you already popped the question.

several things by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #73 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 04:51:15 PM EST
But toxicfur told you the two major ones already.

Notice the small things,  like, oh, taking out the garbage or remembering to pick up milk on the way home, and that keeps you from getting complacent.

The enemies of a happy marriage are indifference, selfishness, silence, and disrespect.  They are battled with kindess, caring, communication, and courtesy.  These four are the potent weapons of lasting love.

end homily

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Congrats... by haplopeart (4.00 / 2) #23 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:03:26 AM EST
...welcome to a life of wedded Bliss...best thing I ever did.

Nicely Played. Kudos! by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 2) #26 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:08:18 AM EST
About the office: I have a half-composed post I may or may not see through which discusses recent events in my workplace. I'm juggling the risk of being fired versus my obsession with blathering. Tough call.

At any rate, what's being bouncing through my head while I watch various bouts of enthusiastic in-fighting around here is this: why don't people understand that an expectation of changing the fundemental personality of a colleague is an unreasonable one?

I mean, you can prod and cajole, you can develop policies to work through problem areas, you can hash things out when they get in the way of getting work done, but, basically -- you can't change who people are, especially when they're ass-hats on a deep, root level.

Some people around here design situations in which they plan to "educate" their antagonists into "seeing the light" and thus becoming reasonable, charming people. This is, in my opinion, completely fucking delusional.

Why are so many adult human beings well-entrenched in their modes of behaviour convinced that other adults are as malleable as toddlers? You know, because they oughtta be.

Robin is barmy. To whom does Joan think she's making a point? What's the point of playing shadow puppets for a blind audience?

But you're a movie kinda guy, by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #28 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:17:10 AM EST
or at least tangentially realted to it..

The 'bad' guys that are redemptive (as opposed to the ones killed in some overly-dramatic fashion) always mend their ways, disavow the badness they've done, and turn over a new leaf.

How can you ignore such heartwarming tales such as the Grinch ? Hmm ? Beat that!

Speaking of heartwarming tales like the grinch by Driusan (4.00 / 2) #42 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 09:16:54 AM EST
If I hear of one more marriage on this site I'm totally gonna steal Christmas.

Vive le Montréal libre.
At this rate... by atreides (4.00 / 3) #27 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:09:39 AM EST
...we should all have a mass wedding and have Hulver and IGrrrl preside over it.

Oh, yeah, congrats and all that crap. Welcome to the Engagement Club. Your entrance packet should be arriving in the mail soon.

Have you seen The Passion yet? Here's a spoiler for you: Jesus dies.
"...compassion is more than a 16 point word in scrabble." - MostlyHarmless

Do you still give out decoder rings? by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #53 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:34:02 AM EST
Because she's suddenly using cryptic terms like "joint bank account" and "practice dinner."

Isn't one bank enough? And I don't need to practice dinner. That's one of the few things I'm good at.

Help me Engagement Club!

We have upgraded! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #55 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:37:05 AM EST
Every package comes with a Drogan's Decoder wheel for just such occasions...

Have you seen The Passion yet? Here's a spoiler for you: Jesus dies.
"...compassion is more than a 16 point word in scrabble." - MostlyHarmless

Get by ana (4.00 / 2) #61 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 11:02:09 AM EST
Weddings for Dummies and read it. That way at least you'll have some idea of what-all you really don't wanna do.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

Listen to ana, by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #64 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 11:44:27 AM EST
as ana planned the vast majority of our wedding (I'm one of those, "we need to do what?" and "just tell me where to stand when the time comes" kinda people).

Oh, and best of luck. The wedding planning and wedding itself were much more difficult than the marriage has been.

We've got our cheat sheet already. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 2) #66 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 11:54:30 AM EST
I don't know if you remember Cookie, the foodie writer with the girlfriend who is in Afghanistan with the Army. Well, Cookie wrote this wedding planner/guide thing a few years ago. We trust her, so we'll be using her guide (with the occasional calls directly to the writer for personal wedding counsel).

pretty cunning by Kellnerin (4.00 / 2) #30 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:30:13 AM EST
That sommelier knew.

Congrats to you both, and enjoy the engagement. I think it's a nice stage.

"later" meant either "when you walk around the corner" or "oatmeal."

I wish. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #57 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:41:17 AM EST
When I made the reservation, we had all this chatter about getting us a private table in the wine cellar.

I was all stoked for that. The few times we've been down there, it is all candle lit and romantic-like. Well, it's either romantic or very Cask of Amontillado depending on your mood.

But when we got there, the guy said no dice. I couldn't argue, or Jess would have immediately known what was up (not that she was that surprised - she's a clever one and pretty much knew what was going down from the get go).

Anyway, it was still an excellent dinner and everything worked out just fine in the end.

didn't mean by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #71 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 12:47:37 PM EST
to imply that he was tipped off beforehand. Just some sixth sommelier sense (repeat 10x fast) at work -- that's their job.

It does sound like a lovely dinner, even if it wasn't exactly as planned. Plans are overrated. So, paradoxically, is surprise. Both good things to keep in mind during the whole run-up to the wedding event.

Oh, and D also sends his congratulations, and you know he doesn't believe in weddings in general, so that's quite something.

"later" meant either "when you walk around the corner" or "oatmeal."

congrats by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #75 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 08:23:45 PM EST
and who did you get enaged to? May or Jess?
Man, you nailed it by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #31 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:39:08 AM EST
People who let these petty work things get to them, and just can't let go, and worry them like a dog with a bone?  Those people really need to get over themselves and find something else to talk about.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
But, Rog, who then will keep it real? n/t by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #33 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:50:46 AM EST

Tha H-Dog by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #39 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 08:28:47 AM EST
Where do you appear in his column?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
I'm his missing sister. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #43 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 09:19:22 AM EST
Long story.

Me, MOTHERFUCKER by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #40 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 08:33:32 AM EST
AWWWW 'GYEAH

and congrats about the marriage thingy

HOW YOU LIKE DAT, BEEOTCH

----
I am a crime against humanity
-theantix

I understand it's an anthropological interest. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #38 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 08:19:10 AM EST
Unlike your quest to prove that you're the only person in the world who thinks rationally.

Many congratulations by stark (2.00 / 0) #34 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 07:51:09 AM EST
You seem to be pretty well suited - best of luck.

U.S. Patent 5443036 concerns a device for encouraging a cat to exercise by chasing a light spot.
Thanks. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #49 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:20:09 AM EST
I'm thinking it'll work out just fine.

Congrats, etc. by miker2 (4.00 / 2) #35 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 08:07:21 AM EST
I was always curious as to the situation with yourself and May.  Now I know.  Good work.

Joan should've ended the conversation with:
"Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox."

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
Congrats by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #41 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 08:49:24 AM EST
Silly me, I always just assumed you were already married.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

We were living in sin. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 2) #45 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 09:25:45 AM EST
In Godless NYC, they'll let you do that.

But I've decided to man up, take responsibility, and make an honest woman out of her. Luckily, she was a woman when I found her, so the job's half done.

you are da man! by clock (2.00 / 0) #46 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 09:35:42 AM EST
congrats!  give my best to May.  i am certain that you will be quite happy.

there are more trite things i could say, but i'll spare you.  the next round of antimatter is on me...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Thanks, man. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #50 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:25:54 AM EST
328 Valencia has opened up a Pirate Shop out here too, so let me know if y'all are in need of eye patches or peg legs.

do they carry... by clock (2.00 / 0) #56 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:41:13 AM EST
...parrots?

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Depends. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #58 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:42:32 AM EST
How greatly does the characteristic of "not made of plastic" figure into your definition of parrot?

i hate tight definitions... by clock (2.00 / 0) #59 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:55:17 AM EST
...parrots can be made of plastic...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Then yes. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #63 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 11:15:46 AM EST
They sell parrots.

Congrats! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #47 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 09:59:28 AM EST

Thank you. n/t by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #54 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 10:35:44 AM EST

jaysus by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #62 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 11:03:47 AM EST
someone DID spike the water. congrats. =)
Send me to Austria!
Rowr. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #74 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 08:20:41 PM EST

That is all.

Now don't go getting all emotional on me! by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #79 Sat Jun 10, 2006 at 03:41:54 PM EST
If you cry, I'm going to cry - and I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Congratulations by skippy (4.00 / 1) #76 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 09:37:29 PM EST
hooray for everyone!

Congratulations, sir. by Scrymarch (2.00 / 0) #77 Sat Jun 10, 2006 at 04:00:01 AM EST

The Political Science Department of the University of Woolloomooloo

Thank you. n/t by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #78 Sat Jun 10, 2006 at 03:40:15 PM EST

Congratulations . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #80 Sun Jun 11, 2006 at 09:18:19 PM EST
. . . and welcome to the club!

Shite, that makes slozo, atreides, and now CRwM. Also, CBB's sis xena just got engaged as well.

What the hell!?!?

Thanks. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #81 Mon Jun 12, 2006 at 05:33:03 AM EST
I'd blame the season, but you're half a world away, so that doesn't hold any water.

My Ship Is Coming In | 81 comments (81 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback