Print Story Super Double-Plus Funtastic MFC
By Dr Thrustgood (Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 01:04:04 PM EST) MFC, MFC loving cowwqas. (all tags)
Theme: Summer The Fuck Out.

Poll: MFC?

Update [2006-6-8 19:12:45 by Dr Thrustgood]: I am a massive cunt: The chord sequence I meant was, in fact, I IV V IV, sorry.

Update [2006-6-14 19:59:39 by Dr Thrustgood]: 256 has once again rocked to the max, please upload entries here.

It's officially summertime1, and what's better than happy-happy joy-joy summer music?  Possibly "Summer in the city" polution-soaked city bitterness, but this MFC requests, nay DEMANDS:

1) A summertime theme.

and

2) The following chord/note progression: I IV V IV. This can be featured once, or you can base your entire entry upon it. Minor, major: doesn't matter.

Added Bonus: one (1) vote awarded to any entry that mentions the World Cup.

Entries to be received no later than: 15:00, Monday, the 26th of June, 2006 BST.

Voting shall close no later than: 15:00, Friday, the 30th of June, 2006 BST.

Rock on!

1Antipodeans, please note: It's summer, you're just being difficult.

< Us and Them | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Super Double-Plus Funtastic MFC | 33 comments (33 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Yeah, baby by The Fool (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 01:30:50 PM EST
Time to dust off that falsetto for some high harmony, Beach Boys style.

sounds great! by 606 (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 01:32:34 PM EST
Now, umm... what's a 1-4-5-1 chord progression?

-----
imagine dancing banana here
Open, 2nd dot up, 3rd dot up, open. /nt by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 01:37:20 PM EST

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Hehe, no worries fella by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 01:39:08 PM EST
If you're in the key of C, it means that your chord progression would be:

C - F - G - C

i.e. the first, fourth, fifth and fourth chords of the key you're in.

Likewise, if your entry was in the key of A, you could use the notes A - D - E - D as a theme somewhere.

If you're in the key of C by komet (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 02:02:08 PM EST
you're a lazy keyboard sod.

If you're in the key of G, it's G - C - D - G
If you're in the key of D, it's D - G - A - D
If you're in the key of A, it's A - D - E - A
If you're in the key of E, it's E - A - B - E
If you're in the key of B, it's B - E - F# - B
If you're in the key of F#, it's F# - B - C# - F#, you masochist.
If you're in the key of Db, it's Db - Gb - Ab - Db
If you're in the key of Ab, it's Ab - Db - Eb - Ab
If you're in the key of Eb, it's Eb - Ab - Bb - Eb
If you're in the key of Bb, it's Bb - Eb - F - Bb
If you're in the key of F, it's F - Bb - C - F

If fewer than twelve people take part in the MFC then I don't want to hear the same key twice, is that clear?

Never mind. Rules are meant to be broken anyway.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.

I am a double bastard cunt by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 02:13:34 PM EST
See here.

cool by cam (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 05:03:18 PM EST
I can just re-enter an existing SHMRB song. This MFC is a good thing.

Cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Just as long as you know by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 12:08:07 AM EST
that the above cheat sheet's wrong as I got the chord progression wrong in the initial diary - yay me!

Noooooooooooooooooooo by cam (2.00 / 0) #21 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 02:36:49 AM EST
I am going to have to submit someone else's work now.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

You can't do that! by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #22 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 03:31:58 AM EST
Then how will people ever know who wrote what?

Vive le Montréal libre.
You can talk by cam (2.00 / 0) #23 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 04:07:55 AM EST
I don't know what you're trying to imply by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #24 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 04:12:11 AM EST
But it sounds a little slanderous.

Vive le Montréal libre.
Sorry! by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 02:13:12 PM EST
I suck arse, should be I IV V IV, doh!

OK by ana (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 01:40:09 PM EST
I'm with ya on the summer thing. What fucking timezone, dude?

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

*sigh* by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 01:41:32 PM EST
Can't you read?

;)

heh by ana (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 01:44:21 PM EST
/me checks the story-edit log...

OK, so that's GMT+1, right?

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

DAMN YOU AND YOUR EDITOR POW()RZ! by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 01:45:08 PM EST
That would be correct :)

summer, by komet (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 02:11:55 PM EST
1 4 5 1 (actually it would be a bit of a challenge to make something not containing that chord progression), world cuppa, music, fun, challenge, fucking.

I approve.

i am also drunk. This grand marnier ist good.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.

Funny you should mention that... by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 02:14:14 PM EST
w00t! by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #15 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 10:48:36 PM EST
The greatest progression known to man!  Can be bouncy pop, aggressive punk, depressing folk (played minor, of course), vintage cock-rock...the possibilities are endless!

You may want to edit in a cheat-sheet for people who don't know what it means, though.

Oh my by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #16 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 10:52:11 PM EST
I may even make two opposing entries - I've just inadvertantly written one in F#m (eat it, Komet!) that can be recorded in no time as guitar/vocals that would be a shame to forget.

Ahem by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #18 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 12:12:39 AM EST
21 days to enter, and the World Cup starts today.  Why do you hate football?

Not quite by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 12:19:38 AM EST
14 days to enter, 7 to vote :p

And what's this abut hating footie, I mentioned a bonus for mentioning the cup. Easy progression, easy theme, yu() = t3/-/ /_@//()rZ

Grrr! by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #20 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 12:39:47 AM EST
/books Sunday away from pub and in the rock room.

Copyright theft alert by Herring (4.00 / 3) #25 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 12:45:57 PM EST
I'll have you know that my 2nd cousin is (was) the drummer for Katrina and the Waves. That chord sequence closely resembles "Walking on sunshine" and therefore cannot be used.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Attention by The Fool (4.00 / 5) #26 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 01:23:17 PM EST
Your use of the le(TM)tte(TM)r 'e(TM)' in the(TM) conte(TM)xt of the Inte(TM)rne(TM)t is in infringe(TM)me(TM)nt of Microsoft's trade(TM)mark for its Inte(TM)rne(TM)t Explore(TM)r(TM) product.

Ple(TM)ase(TM) ce(TM)ase(TM) and de(TM)sist your infriging activitie(TM)s imme(TM)iate(TM)ly, or we(TM) will be(TM) force(TM)d to take(TM) le(TM)gal action.

I bet you did that manually. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #30 Wed Jun 14, 2006 at 06:54:22 AM EST

Obviously. by Ignore Amos (2.00 / 0) #31 Wed Jun 14, 2006 at 10:50:13 AM EST
He missed the first two.

Katrina by yicky yacky (4.00 / 3) #27 Fri Jun 09, 2006 at 02:41:10 PM EST

can join the queue with the others. I haven't checked but, doing the chords in my head, I'm pretty sure The Troggs and The Kingsmen have prior art, and they'll be waiting a while.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
ATTENTION 256 INFIDEL by ana (2.00 / 0) #28 Sat Jun 10, 2006 at 04:51:47 PM EST
You gonna put up a submissions site? I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you could.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

girls, beer and futbol by 256 (4.00 / 3) #29 Wed Jun 14, 2006 at 05:59:38 AM EST
have been occupying every free moment i have for the past two weeks. so i hope you will excuse my tardiness in posting this link:

the good news is that it has put me in an excellent frame of mind for writing songs about girls, beer and futbol.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

Sir! by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #32 Wed Jun 14, 2006 at 02:57:14 PM EST
You rock! May kind kittenage make your life complete!

I hereby declare... by The Fool (2.00 / 0) #33 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 09:54:19 AM EST
today to be Monday, the 26th of June.

If your calendar has a different date, fix it immediately.