Print Story Maybe i've got a brain tumor
By LilFlightTest (Fri Jun 30, 2006 at 04:09:20 PM EST) (all tags)
this is week three of the withdrawal thing, and i'm really starting to wonder if it's withdrawal at all.

i'm still a bit nauseous, but its more dizziness right now, so bad that i revoked my own drivers' license til it gets better. if i get nauseated, it's more likely from the fact that i cant see straight. it's that dizzy feeling you get when you're really drunk....except i dont sober up. which is starting to worry me.

this is the second day of total drug-free-ness. i mean, i guess it could account for it, but really...would going down that last 37mg from an originally 150mg dose really do this to me? last time i stopped taking it, i didnt even taper, i just started missing doses and eventually said fuckit, and didnt feel a thing.

so, my options are this: if i dont stop this in another day or two, i'm going to pee on a stick. if that's the cause of all this, i've got one hell of a 9 months ahead of me. if that's not the case, i arrange for cheap but high deductable health insurance (or marry nick really quick) and go to the doc for expensive tests. i dont want to have a brain tumor, but i'm out of ideas. i already had my BP checked, that's not the problem.

so that's my life right now. i walk like a drunk, and end up sitting on the floor a lot to wait out a wave of dizziness. please, ISG, make it stop.

< "Celebrity" misfortune | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Maybe i've got a brain tumor | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You were taking Effexor, right? by dn (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jun 30, 2006 at 06:06:18 PM EST
It is infamous for long, weird withdrawal effects. I expect that is what's going on. The simplest thing would be to take another dose or two and see if things get better.

Have you considered taking desipramine or nortriptyline? They're norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors like Effexor, so they might help with withdrawal. The nice thing is they are dirt cheap.

I ♥
 TOXIC
WASTE

well by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jun 30, 2006 at 06:10:39 PM EST
i dont want to cover the effects of one with another. i think i've gone this far, i'll just ride it out.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
peeing on a stick.... by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jun 30, 2006 at 06:31:27 PM EST
You have other things that would suggest this may be the cause?

Blizzard of Death '06
not really by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jun 30, 2006 at 06:38:58 PM EST
i really just didnt expect it to last this long.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Inner ear infection? by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 05:54:00 AM EST
Be sure to douche thoroughly if you get anything organic in there.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
You're supposed to put the douche in your EAR?!? by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Jul 02, 2006 at 04:13:04 AM EST
Excuse me, I have to go talk to my wife.

Faith, and the possibility of weaponized kissing?
ObKindergartenCop by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Jul 02, 2006 at 04:12:00 AM EST
It's not a tumor!

Chronic crap like this is the worst. Well, second worst, anyway.

$INSERT_SYMPATHETIC_BUT_WORTHLESS_PLATITUDE

Close your eyes and sleep for a week till it goes away?

Faith, and the possibility of weaponized kissing?

i'd love to by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Jul 02, 2006 at 08:24:42 AM EST
unfortunately i'm still sick and dizzy when i'm sleeping.

the sympathy is better than abuse, and is appreciated.
---------