Print Story My weekend. A photo Diary
By Greener (Sun Jun 25, 2006 at 09:51:24 PM EST) (all tags)
This was the first weekend of the year with decent weather and since there's only 2 and a half months before the weather turns I decided to take full advantage.

Saturday morning I went for a hike

up a mountain

where I watched a wakeboarder

and a parasailer.

I then took the streetcar

to the beach

where I had some ice cream.

I returned home

and cooked burgers for dinner.

Sunday I went for a bike ride

along an old railway line

and found a secluded beach

where I met some kayakers

and went for a swim.

I spent the rest of the afternoon lying in a hammock on my deck reading a book.

< Bachelor Chow | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
My weekend. A photo Diary | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Good lord. by blixco (4.00 / 4) #1 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 02:42:02 AM EST
Where is it that you live?  It's like a Coors commercial or a, I dunno, a goddamn REI catalog.

Damn.  Nice.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

IAWTP by stark (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 03:56:51 AM EST
It looks astonishingly lush; really deep greens and blues (and in the case of the streetcar photo a full test of the RGB values).
U.S. Patent 5443036 concerns a device for encouraging a cat to exercise by chasing a light spot.
Nelson, BC. by Greener (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 08:15:17 AM EST
I've taken this place for granted for far too long so this summer I'm going to try to see and do all those things I've always thought about but never gotten around to.

There's about half a dozen mountains I want to climb and numerous lakes to camp at and old mine workings to explore.

Spokane is the nearest airport about 4 hours south. The hot springs would probably be really good for you.

Looks awesome by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 09:31:51 AM EST
What are the Winters like?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

pretty mild in town because of the lake. by Greener (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 09:45:11 AM EST
I've never seen more than 4 inches of snow on the ground at any one time and it's usually gone within a week. The ski hill about half an hour away closed mid april this year with about 12 feet of snow on the ground.

I was thinking by calla (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Jun 27, 2006 at 08:45:45 PM EST
our buddy, greener, had stolen his pics from the intarwebs. Until his pic. No mistaking that hair.

"Are Linux chicks worth it?" fencepost

wow by Greener (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Jun 28, 2006 at 09:26:27 PM EST
My bare ass has been on HuSi twice now but I'm still known for my hair instead.

I wonder what I'll get up to this weekend.

ahem. by calla (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jun 28, 2006 at 09:31:34 PM EST
I've never seen your ass.

I have seen your hair. It's magnificent.

"Are Linux chicks worth it?" fencepost

It made an apperance on the HusiStock webcam by Greener (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Jun 28, 2006 at 09:42:31 PM EST
shortly before your arrival and is now archived in 606's files (the pervert) from a diary containing hilights of the webcam.. It is there again although obscured in the picture above.

I preferred my hair when it was like this a few years ago. When I let it get longer it decurled somewhat and I think I'd have to cut it really short for it to curl like that again.

beautiful curls. by calla (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Jun 29, 2006 at 03:57:09 AM EST
nice pic.

"Are Linux chicks worth it?" fencepost

in that second to last one... by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 04:05:19 AM EST
i cannot tell if you're wearing pants.

btw, i'd like to see some of the pics you took of the choir.
---------
Dance On, Gir!

Of course I'm not by Greener (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 06:44:57 AM EST
Fortunately the photo turned out on the first take and all my bits were concealed. The water was too cold to do that too many times.

The best pic I took of the choir is in my files.

I'll get you the rest when I get home from work. It's tricky taking pictures in a dark church with no tripod and most didn't turn out to well.

My weekend. A photo Diary | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback