Print Story [Redacted]
By yicky yacky (Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 03:20:25 AM EST) Redacted (all tags)
[Redacted]

[Redacted]
< Pretensions To "Great Power" Status? | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
[Redacted] | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 03:31:23 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

Argentina-Holland by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 03:38:40 AM EST
Was I the only one to think the Argentinian machine sputtered to a stop when it came up against decent defence? Granted it wasn't their first choice of team, but it's a relatively slow style of play and Holland dealt with it well just by sticking close. They didn't give any real chances.

Bah, I want all those teams to go through.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 03:46:01 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

Argentina were the better side by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 03:54:12 AM EST
You're right, they probably weren't trying too hard. Just nice to think we might have a slight chance of beating them :-)

I still loved the match, I could watch Riquelme's feet all day.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

I thought my man Tevez... by Metatone (4.00 / 2) #8 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 06:09:31 AM EST
made a good case for starting ahead of Crespo.

Unfortunately Crespo has a brilliant record in internationals, often in the right place at the right time (c.f. rebound vs Ivory Coast) so it looks like back to the subs bench.

Missed the Ivory Coast match by nebbish (4.00 / 2) #9 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 06:32:49 AM EST
But Crespo impressed me against Serbia. Anyway, with this team it's not so much about individual players as the whole.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

I like Crespo... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 2) #10 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 06:47:54 AM EST
...his style of play possibly not suited to the premiership (although his record wasn't as bad as you'd think) but he has scored a lot of goals as an international and with massive regularity in Serie A, which is no mean trick.

Hooray for Australmerica by cam (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 03:48:09 AM EST
Go the yan-(s)-kips.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Sticking my neck out by TPD (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 03:58:56 AM EST
I've gone for Ghana and the Czech Republic in group E.

Conspiracy seems rather far fetched Ghana would look to be far to good a team for the Czech's to just assume they are going to lose.

Nice round up.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 04:04:26 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

Woo Ghana! by 256 (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 06:57:18 AM EST
sort of a shame they're going to run up against Brasil in their first knockout match.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Jun 22, 2006 at 08:04:10 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky